• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E Class Sedan Reports here (W123,W124,W210,W211,W212, W213)

Guest kepiting1sg

On 25/07/2018 at 6:54 PM, Knightfal said:

Hi guys,

Just got my ride 2 days back. E250 CGI. Looking to make some friends and have some questions answered if possible over coffee. I spent 2 hours looking for the 3 1/2 inch jack Aux input yesterday and another half an hour figuring out how to reset the trip odo. 

And about the Odo, I have a inkling suspicion that it was tampered. Bought a 89000km car, 8 year old, condition of the car is good other than... the driver's seat being worn out with some discolouration. Anyone knows how we can get this checked? 

Also, pardon me for the dozens of questions, I've managed to get my phone connected via bluetooth but while in the phone module I can't seem to find anywhere to play music through the bluetooth. 

Really noob questions.. hope to meet some of you lao jiao guys soon!

Welcome

i got a E212 pre face lift with 7g & its a joy.

abt the 89k,there's a lot of mercs with tweek mileage,dis is my 4th one I check before committing 2 yrs ago.

u should check before putting pen to paper,anwae,call up c&c ,call the booking line & tell them u juzz bought a E & wans to do a oil change & some inspection,asap.

while u are it,ask when the last time yr vehicle was in @ service in c&c,dey will tell u date plus mileage when they last touch.

generally 15k a year,u do the Maths .

while in wshop doing eo change d SA will tell u the fault dey come across brake pad down to 20% ,mounting worn blah blah.

dey will annotate in yr bill ,u can use those information to get it repair outside,which u noes is cheaper,much cheaper .

i recommend u go agent cos u can update yr car thru their xentry system generally update yr record too.

dey bound to have pick up something so u can go  outside to sort it out ,places like chip soon or accord in Bukit Merah who got promo now.

a package of 3,first service $50 off,think abt 120,second pay normal price,third one FREE.

taking over pre own ,first thing u must do is flush the automatic gearbox,than a month later change again the atf.dis is one thing most ppl forget or dun Wan to do cos its costly .

back in the old days even mercs says its atf is seal for life.

so generally,veri ppl change those.

i love the w212 cos it got HEFT,most cars nowadays 're too light or dey drive too light.

sorri,get carried away.

18 hours ago, Calvyn Teo said:

Hi all, have ordered a W213 E200 Advantgarde Hyacinth Red with Nut Brown interior from PI with a lot of factory add-ons. Expecting delivery in November. Can only say that with the add-ons, the price difference between C&C and PI is $80k+. I have two questions:

1) Has anybody changed the Benz logo on the bonnet to the Benz Star Emblem on the Advantgarde? Any picture of it would be highly appreciative. 

2) thinking of changing the stock rims to 19” after-market forged staggered rims. Was looking at the Mandrus Arrow. Has anybody any experience with Mandrus forged rims? Read mixed reviews from the USA MB forum. Or, if you have good experience with other rims, kindly recommend. Thanks. 

I'm on Mandrus arrow for my W221 for past 3 years.

Although made in china, quality is good, finishing is nice, no problem with balancing and easy to wash due to design

1 hour ago, j888 said:

I'm on Mandrus arrow for my W221 for past 3 years.

Although made in china, quality is good, finishing is nice, no problem with balancing and easy to wash due to design

Hi J888, good to know that you are also using Mandrus Arrow. Is it 18” or 19”? Where did you buy it from and how much? Any photos to show on your ride? Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Traded In my W212 E200 and just got my new ride a W213 E250 AVG Iridium Silver black interior / 18" Rims Tyres P7 Pirelli.

I think the Steering wheel & Cruise Control has slight modifications. Need to figure out many of the other features as I am primitive when it comes to technology.

Cheers/Mikepact

19 minutes ago, Mikepact said:

Hi All,

Traded In my W212 E200 and just got my new ride a W213 E250 AVG Iridium Silver black interior / 18" Rims Tyres P7 Pirelli.

I think the Steering wheel & Cruise Control has slight modifications. Need to figure out many of the other features as I am primitive when it comes to technology.

Cheers/Mikepact

Can try download the online user manual or the app to read about the new features

2 hours ago, Mikepact said:

Hi All,

Cheers/Mikepact

Congrats. Nice choice of color. I know the 2019 ver comes w new steering wheel. And i supposed E250 comes w staggered wheels, do make some pics to share 

I have my w213 for about 3 months now. For some reasons, I just personally felt that the position of the steering wheel is somewhat not optimum. It seems to be situated too much left for my liking. I used to be able to rest my right hand on door ledge or arm rest when I am driving other conti and even my former trusty big-small-eye e200K but just not with this model

also, I love the cabin space and legroom, all except the driver’s. It’s just feel a little squeezy without any proper foot rest for the left leg.. Guess we have the mighty center console to thank for..

other that above, I am in love this Germain machine. After a Long day from work, it’s nice to look into the beautiful dash and interior light, esp when I just added the burmister rotating tweeters.. 😎

Interesting that I did not pick that up with the steering wheel position when test driving.

Am driving w205 for 3 years now and getting used to the compact interior.. not sure if Id feel this gap when the new car arrives.

Is yours a C&C car and does the burnester rotary tweeter affect warranty? It looks cool just not sure how much it improves sound quality and concerns over warranty..

Hi All,

Sharing some photos.

Yes came with Pirelli P7 staggered wheel and purchased from C&C. My tyre pressure at Front 220 & R230psi which I find the ride a little hard. Do agree that steering wheel seems a little to much to the left. 

Meanwhile, Desperately trying to figure out how to delete the complete list of contacts in the phonebook that was downloaded from the iPhone.

Cheers Brothers..

Nice. This is the 2019 model with the black emblem. Did your SE say the steering wheel is also from 2019 model? I was hoping it would be one w silver dials instead..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivo said:

Nice. This is the 2019 model with the black emblem. Did your SE say the steering wheel is also from 2019 model? I was hoping it would be one w silver dials instead..

Here is a clearer picture of steering wheel. I am not sure what difference this is if any.

3.jpg

On 09/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, Ivo said:

On 09/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, Mikepact said:

Here is a clearer picture of steering wheel. I am not sure what difference this is if any.

3.jpg

Believe you are refering to the area where all the volume controls are located.  I think that is not a matter of 2018 or 2019 model but rather the spec of the trimming.  The silver trimming is a cost option like on this s class. FB_IMG_1513003689988.thumb.jpg.555457d9f77ff20a92bd613215fcc3c8.jpg

On 09/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, Ivo said:

Interesting that I did not pick that up with the steering wheel position when test driving.

Am driving w205 for 3 years now and getting used to the compact interior.. not sure if Id feel this gap when the new car arrives.

Is yours a C&C car and does the burnester rotary tweeter affect warranty? It looks cool just not sure how much it improves sound quality and concerns over warranty..

Installing the tweeter does not require any cutting or trimming. Well.. that’s what my installer told me.. anyway, i really like it.. 

Hi Ivo, 

Active Parking Assist is really great feature in this 2019 model. After scanning for a parking space, all you need to do is just engage the reverse gear once only. The Car will reverse and forward itself automatically into a parking lot. 

My SA said the previous version 2018 version requires you to engage reverse gear and  forward back and forth until it the car Parks into lot. 

No sure if it is a fact. 

Did your sales guy mention this to you?

23 minutes ago, Mikepact said:

Hi Ivo, 

Active Parking Assist is really great feature in this 2019 model. After scanning for a parking space, all you need to do is just engage the reverse gear once only. The Car will reverse and forward itself automatically into a parking lot. 

My SA said the previous version 2018 version requires you to engage reverse gear and  forward back and forth until it the car Parks into lot. 

No sure if it is a fact. 

My SA did not mention Active Parking and i assumed it is an optional feature in the C&C e-class. My W205 has the auto park feature and yes it requires human intervention with gear shift.. Truth is, in the last 3 years, I have only used it once just to see that it works.. IMO the C-Class is an awfully easy car to park.

What I do know that comes with the E200 is 360 deg camera, that one is pretty good to avoid those nasty curbs on Singapore roads. 

12 hours ago, Mikepact said:

Hi Ivo, 

No sure if it is a fact. 

Interesting. My w213 has the previous steering wheel so that is different from yours, but Active Parking Assist is easy like you mentioned and the car will engage the relevant gears automatically until parked. Word of caution though, still need to keep an eye out as i tried parallel park on the right side (yes it can) and it managed to do it all but also curbed my right rear rims in the process. 

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

18 hours ago, Ivo said:

My SA did not mention Active Parking and i assumed it is an optional feature in the C&C e-class. My W205 has the auto park feature and yes it requires human intervention with gear shift.. Truth is, in the last 3 years, I have only used it once just to see that it works.. IMO the C-Class is an awfully easy car to park.

What I do know that comes with the E200 is 360 deg camera, that one is pretty good to avoid those nasty curbs on Singapore roads. 

Ok just checked w my SA and he says my version does come with the latest active parking feature.

I am curious to know if anyone here  upgraded to the latest distronic option? 

1 hour ago, Mikepact said:

I think Active Parking Is best effective when when you park between 2 cars.

Cheers. 

This is very true. Otherwise It will go into ‘you must be be kidding me’ mode (means no active parking). Tested by my partner-in-crime. During test drive, She even attempted to try assist parking when she wanted to get out of perpendicular parking. Me and SE drop jaws and exchanges evil glances .. lol.

personally only time I used it in test drive too. The abrupt or rather aggressive parking from assist parking puts me off.