Guest kepiting1sg

E Class Sedan Reports here (W123,W124,W210,W211,W212, W213)

423 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Am newbie here to this forum & 1st E250.

Hope to learn more from all seniors here and able to contribute

Thanx in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

Am newbie here to this forum & 1st E250.

Hope to learn more from all seniors here and able to contribute

Thanx in advance

Welcome to the Forum, Francis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm,

$$$ sounds more reasonable for 722.9.

Hope no more next time for me. Keeping fingers crossed. Hehe.

I think all these sensors or ecu kaput due to prolonged heat problem. Not sure if you will agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure! agreed on our climates unlike in Europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me got myself a pre-owned, 06/10 E300 Avantgarde, brown exterior, biscuit colour seats and black dashboard.

 

Didn't like the stiff ride, and thanks to bro Cavallo, I managed to swop the Elegance suspension into my car. Now its far more comfy and agreeable to my taste.

 

Changed all oils and filters already, and now toting up the miles and getting used to the car. Having changed from a Crown, which has superlative mechanical refinement and plush ride comfort, the W212 is not a car that you love at first drive. However, I am starting to appreciate the solid, planted feel of my car, which is a hallmark of all good Mercs. FC is not too encouraging at 12L/100km though. Gets worse on trips into town.

 

Looking forward to  a few years of  good service.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

 

My ride is a W211 and I think its really a comfortable car if all goes well. My wife and kid never fails to doze off when our journey is more than 30min.....but now have to settle the torque issue first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RuS said:

Hi All

 

My ride is a W211 and I think its really a comfortable car if all goes well. My wife and kid never fails to doze off when our journey is more than 30min.....but now have to settle the torque issue first.

Bro,

care to share whats the torque issue about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rx7effini said:

Bro,

care to share whats the torque issue about?

I think its one of the wear and tear issue. I remember reading some bro saying that this needs to be changed.

I experience some "shudder" or "some drop' in rpm when put in D or R mode. took to WS and they say it could be the torque converter. now I am considering if should change to a new one or a recond one. I am just curious that W211 is quite an "old' model, do they still have new torque converter in production? Any bro care to share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi to all,

Just bought an old 1989 W124 Gold 200E mid Feb '17. Been running with jap n korean makes and when i saw n test drove my current car, had the feeling it was going to be mine. Past 2 weeks clocked about 13L/100km. Looking at different measures to lower that. Have a few ideas up my sleeve just waiting to try them out in good time. 

Was just wondering if i changed my 15" rims for 17"/18", would it worsen my FC? Any word of advice from fellow 200E owners, have you tried it before?

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heya, just bought an old W124 E200, 1990. Old drive for a year. :jig:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Loong-Wang said:

Heya, just bought an old W124 E200, 1990. Old drive for a year. :jig:

coe till 2018? 1990 is 200E:angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Friends,

We will be representing SGMERC and attend AC Underground Mega Car Club Meet Up 2.0 on the 1st April Sat.

Time: 2-6pm (We will convoy from a secret location at 1.30pm)

Venue: 1 Turf Club Avenue Singapore 738078

It would be tones of fun to meet current & new SGMERC friends at this meet up. Opportunity to take pics with Race Queens and also have your awesome Mercedes Car pic taken by our resident SGMerc photographer!

So please sign up below!

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2017 at 3:26 PM, keltanky said:

coe till 2018? 1990 is 200E:angel:

Yeah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi E Klass owners,

Headsup, the Mercedes Benz #tcss whatsapp group has been upgraded to Telegram, if you are keen to join please PM me

Cheers!

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. 

Just got a 2015 E200 . Would like to check whether it's normal for the light control switch to be non lited. I realised that the P, Auto and lighting symbols are non lited in my car regardless day or night.

 

Thanks in advance.

IMG-20170609-WA0002.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be lited at night. Your car is under warranty. Call SA to check. Also should br FOC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, E Edition said:

Should be lited at night. Your car is under warranty. Call SA to check. Also should br FOC

Hi E Edition, are you driving the w212?

 

I have checked with a couple of owners driving the same car w212. Seems it's not lited at night also. 

 

Another friend's w205 is lited though.

 

My car is 2014, typo in initial post. Just out of warranty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 9:25 PM, t13 said:

Hi E Edition, are you driving the w212?

 

I have checked with a couple of owners driving the same car w212. Seems it's not lited at night also. 

 

Another friend's w205 is lited though.

 

My car is 2014, typo in initial post. Just out of warranty. 

Hi 

I am driving a W212 FL registration in 2015.  Mine is also not lited at night.  Is it supposed to be lited?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2017 at 7:50 PM, Sinner108 said:

Hi 

I am driving a W212 FL registration in 2015.  Mine is also not lited at night.  Is it supposed to be lited?  

So far I have checked around a few FL W212, and it seems that it is not back lited. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, t13 said:

So far I have checked around a few FL W212, and it seems that it is not back lited. 

 

Mine not lighted too.. 2014 Aug FL

 

2 hours ago, t13 said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Just started to lurk here not too long ago and placed an order with CnC for a w213 e200 exclusive cavansite blue, should be taking delivery after lunar 7th month. 

 

Pity the E200s do not come with the widescreen cockpit, hope to learn from the experienced folks here on mods that can be done without breaking warranty (if there's such a thing!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Autoswede said:

Hi all,

Just started to lurk here not too long ago and placed an order with CnC for a w213 e200 exclusive cavansite blue, should be taking delivery after lunar 7th month. 

 

Pity the E200s do not come with the widescreen cockpit, hope to learn from the experienced folks here on mods that can be done without breaking warranty (if there's such a thing!).

Congratulations! And no there's no such thing as mod without breaking warranty. After you mod, technically your warranty isn't broken. It's only after some fault occurs and C&C attributes it to your mod that your warranty breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Autoswede said:

Hi all,

Just started to lurk here not too long ago and placed an order with CnC for a w213 e200 exclusive cavansite blue, should be taking delivery after lunar 7th month. 

 

Pity the E200s do not come with the widescreen cockpit, hope to learn from the experienced folks here on mods that can be done without breaking warranty (if there's such a thing!).

If you like the widescreen, you should have placed an order for the E250? :( But you can ask your SE to change the order to E250 :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

If you like the widescreen, you should have placed an order for the E250? :( But you can ask your SE to change the order to E250 :)

 

 

Nah, decide to use the price difference for a nice holiday instead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Autoswede said:

Nah, decide to use the price difference for a nice holiday instead!

But you already paid more for your Exclusive model...very close to E250 :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.