• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2012 M-Class Offically Unveiled - W166

Guest kepiting1sg

Guest kepiting1sg

Interior of the ML 2012 W166

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1TkkHWnD_M

Exterior of the ML 2012 W166

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLRbnApR-LA

At launch, three different engines will be offered.
The entry-level ML 250 Bluetec has a 2.1-liter four-cylinder diesel that produces 204 PS (150 kW / 201 hp) and 369 lb-ft (500 Nm) of torque.

Moving up to the ML 350 Bluetec rewards drivers with a 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine with 258 PS (190 kW / 254 hp) and 457 lb-ft (619 Nm) of torque. Early speculation is that the engine will allows the driver to sprint to 100 km/h (62 mph) in about 7.5 seconds before topping out at 224 km/h (139 mph).

Lastly, if you're a petrol fan, the ML 350 BlueEfficiency has a 3.5-liter V6 engine that develops 306 PS (225 kW / 302 hp) and 273 lb-ft (370 Nm) of torque. This model will be able to race all the way up to 235 km/h (146 mph), though its sprint time is slightly slower.

Regardless of what powertrain is selected, all engines are paired to a 7G-Tronic Plus automatic transmission and an all-wheel drive system.

In terms of handling, all models come equipped with a selective damping suspension. If that isn't impressive enough, customers can order an Airmatic self-leveling air suspension and an Active Curve System with dynamic roll stabilization.

Of course, since this is a Mercedes, the crossover can be outfitted with all the latest technology. Options include Night View Assist Plus (with pedestrian recognition), Speed Limit Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Blind Spot Assist, Active Park Assist and Distronic Plus - just to name a few.

5817617342_eb361d1401_b.jpg

5817617016_40b96936a5_b.jpg

5817616954_25541b97ba_b.jpg

5817049769_11ef25ebb1_b.jpg

5817049551_cdbedfcc41_b.jpg

5817616600_0b79682f13_b.jpg

5817616524_0af3acb310_b.jpg

5817616452_b3f5cbfc81_b.jpg

5817617242_9a7a8e6bf1_b.jpg

5817617162_3357cfc800_b.jpg

5817049961_40f3461373_b.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

chiaster wrote:

Damn swee! OC approved when we have kids! :bounce:

M Class only 5 seaters!

Want 7 seaters, then should consider GL Class SUV or R Class MPV!

U & wife in front

3 kids in the centre row

2 maids in the last row

Quick quick, get your property, married, buy 7 seater MB, make kids to fill up car space......I think in this order of priority rite Bro Chiaster?....hehehe! :lol:

Guest chiaster

Already committed to a property last month but TOP only in 2014! So, now planning for the wedding to take place probably end-2012 or early-2013! ML is good enough because we will only have 2 kids so even with a maid, back row is filled!

kepiting1sg wrote:

M Class only 5 seaters!

Want 7 seaters, then should consider GL Class SUV or R Class MPV!

U & wife in front

3 kids in the centre row

2 maids in the last row

Quick quick, get your property, married, buy 7 seater MB, make kids to fill up car space......I think in this order of priority rite Bro Chiaster?....hehehe! :lol:

Guest vincemerz

chiaster wrote:

Already committed to a property last month but TOP only in 2014! So, now planning for the wedding to take place probably end-2012 or early-2013! ML is good enough because we will only have 2 kids so even with a maid, back row is filled!

Don't forget occasionally parents! U need r class!!!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

what do you guys think of new mclass

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11165

Per SGcarmart, the M 250 seem very reasonable to buy compare to Lexus 270,Audi Q5 , X5 , Cayenne.

good FC, Good Road tax. and its mercedes.. but i never own a mercedes before.

Good road tax yah!

I wish it is so "cheap"

Bro! You have not add in the Diesel tax!

It's the 2.2L Diesel Engine! :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Heard from my SE that LTA will be revising the diesel road tax soon but not sure when exactly. Start camping...

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Heard from my SE that LTA will be revising the diesel road tax soon but not sure when exactly. Start camping...

LT

LTA have revised the Diesel tax - go to their website and make some calculations - should slightly more than a 3L petrol engine road tax overall.

Cheers

wonder how much will be the new road tax rate. for this diesel powered jumbo.

Those who had attended the just completed MBDE should have driven the ML250.

U stepped on the gas pedal, the speed just keep going up :)

1. 6 month Annual Road Tax = [475 + 0.75 (2143 - 1,600)] x 0.782 = $689.92 or about $1380 per year

2. Assuming the car is at least Euro IV compliant - Special Diesel Tax = 2143 x $0.625 x 2 = $2,679 per year

Total Taxes per year 1 + 2 = $1,380 + $2,679 = $4,059 per year

Starting next year 2013 Special Diesel Tax will be reduced to $0.20 per cc for 6 months or $0.40 per cc for 1 year

Therefore starting 2013 the Special Diesel Tax for the L 250 will be 2143 x $0.40 = about $857

Total Tax payable starting 2013 1 + 2 = $1,380 + $857 = $2,237 per year

This is comparable to a 3L Petrol Engine of Annual road tax = $2,385

Maybe time to sell my ML300 and downgrade to ML250 ......heheheh! lower road tax and cheaper diesel! :)

Edited by kepiting1sg
  • Like 1

Cheers

Unker... if u really want to sell.... can let me know... would like to see if CO allow me to change... or buy another... thanks...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Unker... if u really want to sell.... can let me know... would like to see if CO allow me to change... or buy another... thanks...

If U are really interested gimme an offer I cannot refuse lor!.....hehehehe! :)

My ride is exactly 1 year old and less than 16K km on the odo!

Retrofitted with COMAND NTG 2.5, Original Rear Seats Entertainment, Wooded matchin steering, Lighted Door Sills, AMG 19" rims.

Plenty of goodies but hahaha! too bad it's W164 and not W166.

Cheers

wah stress liao... Gotta ask CO first... wait for green light... Any numbers you r looking at?

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

New ML250 CDI out! Pm me for more info! :)

PM me too, kum sia

Hi pls pm me the details for this model .... U from cnc ?

What's best prx ?

Yup, he is!

Pls pm me the price too.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

i saw the new ML350 on the road today. tio shock man. really very very very chio. might trade in the ML350 for the 250CDI next year. more torquey and cheaper to run!! :phew:

You are right!!!!! very chio and very good drive... tested the ML 350 during the F1 fair... was very impressd... BTW my SE has told me the ML250 is in town for test drive... you might wanna call yours... Now itchy hand liao... waiting for my CFO to nod her head... last time I told her kenna F**k, just buy E250 now tell me ML350... U siao ah... So now gotta lay low

my family only got 2 piggy + 1 piglet.... somemore just changes from Citroen Grand Picasso to this car... sigh... now must wait at least 2 years... or hope she one day wake up bonkers let me buy.....