• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sound Difference Sebring & Remus Approved Exhaust?

Guest RYANS

Guest blackmercs

RYANS wrote:

Anyone knows?

For which model? I think no one on exhaust mod for these two models. Long long time ago furing my bimmer era many of us prefer Remus bcos of the bassy note.

Btw, modding exhaust does not increase hp gain.

Guest RYANS

for W204 C200Kompressor....

yes, im aware loud doesnt mean more hp.

In fact im interested to know in terms of sound between sebring approved & remus approved do they sound the same? If it is the same, might as well go for the affordable one.

Anyone using?

thks

Guest rssid

Why not try it out and tell us after that ? Been doing a lot of research into this and found a UK website that would sell the remus exhaust for less then 1/2 the price in sg sellers @ 230 Pounds factor in another 100 pounds for shipping plus 7% GST and you'll end up with a substantial savings from local suppliers who are looking for about 1.1k to 1.2k

http://www.ppcgb.com/Mercedes-Benz/Mercedes-C-Class/Type-W204-2007-present/Remus/pt63_1379_-cma581-cmo801-ct824/

Have fun bro !

Guest rssid

Not true even fong kim auth distri for remus has to send it to LTA at your cost so end up paying an additional $70 either way. Remus IS on the approved list of exhaust systems an article came out a long time ago about it so no worries abt it being LTA friendly. Dont need any workshop to endorse or what for youonly LTA can liaoz talk to FK for more info bro.

Guest blackmercs

rssid wrote:

Not true even fong kim auth distri for remus has to send it to LTA at your cost so end up paying an additional $70 either way. Remus IS on the approved list of exhaust systems an article came out a long time ago about it so no worries abt it being LTA friendly. Dont need any workshop to endorse or what for youonly LTA can liaoz talk to FK for more info bro.

U need to get authorise workshop to install & endorse for u. Without their endorsement LTA will not even bother to inspect your car.

Guest blackmercs

rssid wrote:

Install a lotta places will do mann and FK for instance

These workshop are authorised dealer for that particular model. LTA only deal with authiorised workshop & with the endorsement letter. For example u can't get approval for install AMG exhaust even by Man or FK as they are not authorised dealer in Singapore.

Guest blackmercs

Merc-C wrote:

I have AMG exhaust installed for my car, can pass inspection?

Installed by outside workshop? No endorsement letter? If both yes, call LTA or Vicom & ask. I might be wrong.

Guest blackknight

blackmercs wrote:

Installed by outside workshop? No endorsement letter? If both yes, call LTA or Vicom & ask. I might be wrong.

mine passed without letter and questions. But it is CNC installed

Guest blackmercs

blackknight wrote:

mine passed without letter and questions. But it is CNC installed

Yrs is AMG & u send to Vicom for inspection by yrself?

Btw since when CNC do installation for customer on exhaust? U must be special customer.