Guest joeyttk

Overriding internal air circulation

30 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have to press the internal circulation button once we start the car, and it will turn off automatically after 15-30 minutes, and when top is down, I cannot turn it on.

Is there a way to "program" this or over ride it so that when I start car, it is always on. When it is on, it is not turn off. when top is down and I turn on aircon, I can still switch on the internal circulation.

Anyone knows if that is possible ?

tks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

joeyttk wrote:

Hi,

I have to press the internal circulation button once we start the car, and it will turn off automatically after 15-30 minutes, and when top is down, I cannot turn it on.

Is there a way to "program" this or over ride it so that when I start car, it is always on. When it is on, it is not turn off. when top is down and I turn on aircon, I can still switch on the internal circulation.

Anyone knows if that is possible ?

tks

Always tried the simple things first....use the SEARCH button. This topics has been discussed over & over again!! The answer is no!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blackmercs wrote:

Always tried the simple things first....use the SEARCH button. This topics has been discussed over & over again!! The answer is no!!

wa so fierce....

Joeyttk congrats that u have collected your ride! join us last sun on Jun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, there is a way. Put an adhesive tape over the button so that it stays permanently on...haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jtang wrote:

Actually, there is a way. Put an adhesive tape over the button so that it stays permanently on...haha!

Doc , i doubt it will work that way . Buy something that will press that button automatically every 10~15mins . But where to find ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vincemerz wrote:

wa so fierce....

Joeyttk congrats that u have collected your ride! join us last sun on Jun!

Nah am not fierce, I have a good heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jtang wrote:

Actually, there is a way. Put an adhesive tape over the button so that it stays permanently on...haha!

Tape may not stick too well after awhile!

Take some dental glue from your opik and "crowned" the button in place.......if one day U wanna free it, like doing a root canal.....I believe U have lots of instrument to do that.......muahahaha! :lol:

Maybe can try like when I play jackpot machines i.e use toothpick to jam the button.........more ideas pls.....hehehe! :becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kepiting1sg wrote:

Tape may not stick too well after awhile!

Take some dental glue from your opik and "crowned" the button in place.......if one day U wanna free it, like doing a root canal.....I believe U have lots of instrument to do that.......muahahaha! :lol:

Maybe can try like when I play jackpot machines i.e use toothpick to jam the button.........more ideas pls.....hehehe! :becky:

3M tape very strong one lah. Toothpick sounds like a good idea too...

Dental cement once sticked on will leave a scarring on the surface...not good leh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a possible solution from a C&C service guy (for Kia). Not sure if it works the same with our car.

what was done before was to switch on the internal circulation. after that, disconnect the motor to the "flap". After that, it doesnt matter whether the button is on or off. There is no power to operate the flap and hence it will be permanently closed.

It seems that this mechnical workaround works for KIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

joeyttk wrote:

I found a possible solution from a C&C service guy (for Kia). Not sure if it works the same with our car.

what was done before was to switch on the internal circulation. after that, disconnect the motor to the "flap". After that, it doesnt matter whether the button is on or off. There is no power to operate the flap and hence it will be permanently closed.

It seems that this mechnical workaround works for KIA

This methods will works on hydundai car too. Only $40 bucks to convert this & change the interior panel color LED lights of yr choice by this guy staying in hougang I think. What he did is to reverse the process, meaning when u starts yr car the flag is normally closed. This way is safer where u hv a choice rather than permanently closed.

Go & explore & let us know yr finding, if Mercs can be done by whoever workshop will be flooding with Mercs for sure!! :)

Remember : this modification will confirm hv warranty issue if being find out during servicing & in the event carbon monoxide leak u will be fried!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got back my W212 after the 30K servicing from C&C...

acknowledging the fact that we have to live with the recirculation function (no choice) so what I did was to ask the workshop to program it to the "maximum" or the longest it can stretch...:hand:

so far so good...have been using it up to almost 25 ~ 27 min. and the recir function still did not cut-off :becky: ...before it last only b/w 7 ~ 8 min. maximum :tsk:

if not mistaken, previously my W204 can hold up to 30 mins. or so...

my service advisor also told me that i should set the temperature lower than 22 degree...so far i m now setting it at 20 degree...if you find it too cold...don't use AUTO and adjust the fan speed to control air output instead... so far very happy :bounce:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

just got back my W212 after the 30K servicing from C&C...

acknowledging the fact that we have to live with the recirculation function (no choice) so what I did was to ask the workshop to program it to the "maximum" or the longest it can stretch...:hand:

so far so good...have been using it up to almost 25 ~ 27 min. and the recir function still did not cut-off :becky: ...before it last only b/w 7 ~ 8 min. maximum :tsk:

if not mistaken, previously my W204 can hold up to 30 mins. or so...

my service advisor also told me that i should set the temperature lower than 22 degree...so far i m now setting it at 20 degree...if you find it too cold...don't use AUTO and adjust the fan speed to control air output instead... so far very happy :bounce:

Bro . Yours AD's ride can get see&see to do that programming . Anyone knows any other workshop that can do the same for PI's ride ??? Autospritze ? MBM ? :ear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

my service advisor also told me that i should set the temperature lower than 22 degree...so far i m now setting it at 20 degree...if you find it too cold...don't use AUTO and adjust the fan speed to control air output instead... so far very happy :bounce:

any specific reason why should set so low ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

joeyttk wrote:

any specific reason why should set so low ?

as you may already know...this suppose to be a "safety" feature for Merc & some other conti cars to prevent drivers from feeling drowsy or sleepy after a long drive (not so much in S'pore)... by setting a lower temperature the car will take a much longer time to cool down the whole cabin vs say at 22 degree or higher...because once it achieved the desired temperature and CO2 built up in the cabin..."fresh outside air" will come in :Cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

as you may already know...this suppose to be a "safety" feature for Merc & some other conti cars to prevent drivers from feeling drowsy or sleepy after a long drive (not so much in S'pore)... by setting a lower temperature the car will take a much longer time to cool down the whole cabin vs say at 22 degree or higher...because once it achieved the desired temperature and CO2 built up in the cabin..."fresh outside air" will come in :Cry:

Thanks. I didnt know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

09'W204 air circulation last up to 30 mins.

morning slow crawl tells me so..

confirmed.. Double confirmed..!! :becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

io5885 wrote:

09'W204 air circulation last up to 30 mins.

morning slow crawl tells me so..

confirmed.. Double confirmed..!! :becky:

I tried out this morning at 22 degree setting...even after 25 mins. when I reached my destination...the air recirculation still did not cut-off... what a far cry from the past :becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

I tried out this morning at 22 degree setting...even after 25 mins. when I reached my destination...the air recirculation still did not cut-off... what a far cry from the past :becky:

Help ! Anyone can program for PI's ride ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6008 wrote:

Help ! Anyone can program for PI's ride ?????

what is your usual cut-off time? and at what temp. you usually set? ...try not to use the Auto function and see if it can "tahan longer" :bounce:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

what is your usual cut-off time? and at what temp. you usually set? ...try not to use the Auto function and see if it can "tahan longer" :bounce:

I set at 20c all the while . Last abt 10mins . Sickening man !!!!:pout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6008 wrote:

I set at 20c all the while . Last abt 10mins . Sickening man !!!!:pout:

if you can still tahan then wait till the next servicing... I m sure your authorized w/shop can also reprogram it wan lah... :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightning wrote:

if you can still tahan then wait till the next servicing... I m sure your authorized w/shop can also reprogram it wan lah... :whistle:

Hope so .Otherwise will be disappointed with my workshop .:tsk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried it again just this afternoon ...at 22 degree with AUTO on...it cut off after 28 ~ 29 mins... before reprogram it was 7 ~ 8 mins :becky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does any one know why CnC recommend AC set at 22degree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now