• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SBC pump forw211

Guest sbu1199u

Guest sbu1199u

hi all,

just got back my car from C&C,was quoted 2650-3000 from different car workshop for changing sbc pump as my car was from PI....after i sent in my car at C&C (only at pandan workshop for PI car)they appeal for me & get it done(change the whole pump) for FREEEEEEEE.......save nearly 3k.....

cheers...:becky::becky::becky:

Guest Sanjay

sbu1199u wrote:

hi all,

just got back my car from C&C,was quoted 2650-3000 from different car workshop for changing sbc pump as my car was from PI....after i sent in my car at C&C (only at pandan workshop for PI car)they appeal for me & get it done(change the whole pump) for FREEEEEEEE.......save nearly 3k.....

cheers...:becky::becky::becky:

the sbc pump is under lifetime warranty for w211 pre fl....

Guest blackmercs

Sanjay wrote:

the sbc pump is under lifetime warranty for w211 pre fl....

Although is life's time warranty. But C&C is being kind despite the ride is from PI. Just curious, no need to pay for any adoption fees or whatsoever?

Guest poh6702

Last time they charged me $700 + for Oil and labor cost, it failed again within few months, C&C didn't charge me any amount for the second time replacement. Mine was also from PI.

Seems to have no standard pretices? Depending on the service adviser?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wonder what is the symptom of failing SBC.

My W211 SBH function seem to be not activating 70% of the time when I try to depress the brake pedal at red traffic light.

Guest j888

TKL wrote:

Just wonder what is the symptom of failing SBC.

My W211 SBH function seem to be not activating 70% of the time when I try to depress the brake pedal at red traffic light.

Sympton of failing SBC brake is when you step on the brake during normal driving, u experience weak braking power even when u step all the way down

At traffic light, SBC brake hold is a technique u need to learn thru many practice. Do a quick jerk and step down fast on the brake. If it doesn't work, release the brake again and repeat the quick jerk.

j888 wrote:

Sympton of failing SBC brake is when you step on the brake during normal driving, u experience weak braking power even when u step all the way down

At traffic light, SBC brake hold is a technique u need to learn thru many practice. Do a quick jerk and step down fast on the brake. If it doesn't work, release the brake again and repeat the quick jerk.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for using this tread again.

I lost my brake completely some 3 weeks ago. The red warning from the displace said that I must switch off and restart engine. The brake backed to normal after I restarted the engine.

I sent my ride to C&C and they replaced the brake switch.

Same happen again today. Both incidents happen when I was driving down slope in under ground.

Looks like C&C did not solve the problem. Any suggestion from brothers here?

Thanks.