• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Equipment!

g8crasher

Guest desmondtoo

knighthunter wrote:

This my underwater setup:

5606231118_b14181c7f9_b.jpg

Misc1032 by Thedi David, on Flickr

Canon EOS 7D - Sea & Sea MDX-7D

Canon EF 100 mm IS L

Canon EFS 60 mm

Tokina 10-17 FE

Sea & Sea Port S & 52

Sea & Sea Compact Dome

Sea & Sea SX 25 mm Adapter

Sea & Sea NX Port Base

Sea & Sea DX-1G

Sea & Sea YS-110A x 2

Sea & Sea YS-17

Light & Motion Sola 600

Sh*t load of ULCS arms and clamps

For land setup:

Olympus EP1

M4/3 14-42 MSCII

M4/3 17 mm pancake

FL36R flash gun

Cool collection!!!

karilaksa wrote:

whoaa..another super collection...reason i bought 5dMk2 is i will be highly discouraged from housing them....Join me in one of my trips soon....self organised and much cheaper than shops....

Why discouraged? There shld be a suitable housing for the 5DMkii...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest karilaksa

desmondtoo wrote:

Cool collection!!!

Why discouraged? There shld be a suitable housing for the 5DaMkii...

once met a underwater guru photographer (william tan) in mnado..he said, its not if ur camera will get flooded...its a matter of when...Yes, definately have housing for 5D, but the cost of replacement the body if flooded...tats the discouraging part...and not to mention the weigh of ur luggage when flying...:Cry:

Guest knighthunter

karilaksa wrote:

whoaa..another super collection...reason i bought 5dMk2 is i will be highly discouraged from housing them....Join me in one of my trips soon....self organised and much cheaper than shops....

I just came back from Manado last Sat, stay in Cocotinos. I believe you know this resort since you met William Tan, I believe he was there in March.

Once you have your gear flooded you will be a pro :)

Anyway I don't believe it will flood easily if you take care the housing properly. I had near miss in Bali last year, almost lost one of my YS-110A flash due to 1 strand of hair trapped in the bat chamber o-ring. It was my fault I changed the battery in dim hotel room it was a silly mistake never going to repeat it again.

Heavy luggage is normal for diving, our dive bag usually clocking around 45 kg with only lights clothing excluding my camera stuffs and regulator that we hand carry.

If the timing permit I may join your trips :)

Guest Tud Tud

kepiting1sg wrote:

That's what I recommended Bro Lightning to go for the 18-200mm instead.

Beside 1 lens for all occasions, this lens VRII was released only in 2009.

Totally agree. My 18-200mm VRII lens serve me well with my entry level D3000 body though the lens itself can be a little heavy.

Guest kepiting1sg

Tud Tud wrote:

Totally agree. My 18-200mm VRII lens serve me well with my entry level D3000 body though the lens itself can be a little heavy.

18-200mm VRII at 565g cannot consider heavy lah!

It's really a very convenient lens!

The 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII Bro Des suggested to me to buy weigh in at 1.54kg.

Looks and feel like a big tua lin kong aka big cannon

Need to work more on the weights in the gym :lol:

18-200mm VRII

D3S_8008-1200.jpg

70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

D3S_9083-1200.jpg

knighthunter wrote:

This my underwater setup:

5606231118_b14181c7f9_b.jpg

Misc1032 by Thedi David, on Flickr

Canon EOS 7D - Sea & Sea MDX-7D

Canon EF 100 mm IS L

Canon EFS 60 mm

Tokina 10-17 FE

Sea & Sea Port S & 52

Sea & Sea Compact Dome

Sea & Sea SX 25 mm Adapter

Sea & Sea NX Port Base

Sea & Sea DX-1G

Sea & Sea YS-110A x 2

Sea & Sea YS-17

Light & Motion Sola 600

Sh*t load of ULCS arms and clamps

For land setup:

Olympus EP1

M4/3 14-42 MSCII

M4/3 17 mm pancake

FL36R flash gun

OMG. Respect. That equipment list to haul along on trips is madness!!

Guest Tud Tud

maybe my arm and neck muscle not strong enough.... lolx...

everytime i let the camera hang on my neck, it feels like neck gotta get yank off...

btw, the 18-200mm VRII has a lens lock function unlike VRI. it prevents your lens from creeping out itself to cause any accident.

Guest desmondtoo

kepiting1sg wrote:

18-200mm VRII at 565g cannot consider heavy lah!

It's really a very convenient lens!

The 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII Bro Des suggested to me to buy weigh in at 1.54kg.

Looks and feel like a big tua lin kong aka big cannon

Need to work more on the weights in the gym :lol:

18-200mm VRII

D3S_8008-1200.jpg

70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

D3S_9083-1200.jpg

Unker for your full-frame, the 18-200mm not fast enough lah. Plus u super fit type, the later fits you well...:becky:

Agrees, 18-200mm is a very useful range. But I'm a lazy to put on flash type, so will prefers a faster lens.

Btw, Bro lightning, your new collection of the Nikon 105mm Macro is a very sharp lens...not only covers Marco photography but doubles up as a fantastic portrait lens. A Star Buy! :thumb:

Tud Tud wrote:

maybe my arm and neck muscle not strong enough.... lolx...

everytime i let the camera hang on my neck, it feels like neck gotta get yank off...

btw, the 18-200mm VRII has a lens lock function unlike VRI. it prevents your lens from creeping out itself to cause any accident.

The locking system is very useful, I use to have a Canon 70-300mm DO lens that comes with that too. Really helps to prevent the Lens from creeping out and getting damage.

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro Des,

U got me worng lah!

I m recommending Bro Lightning to go for the 18-200mm DX lens for his D7000 & not the 70-300mm he was eearlier asking about,

I've no use for the 18-200mm for my FX. :lol:

Guest desmondtoo

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro Des,

U got me worng lah!

I m recommending Bro Lightning to go for the 18-200mm DX lens for his D7000 & not the 70-300mm he was eearlier asking about,

I've no use for the 18-200mm for my FX. :lol:

Hahaha...:lol:

Bro lightning it might be good for you to offload the kit lens(18-105mm), and use the primes 50mm and 105mm. Plus you have a 2nd copy of the 18-105mm. Better to leave the option open for a longer telephoto zoom, like 70-300mm...:becky:

Guest lightning

thanks bro Des for your advice, we got it from John 3:16 for $1380 (incl GST) and my son is very happy with the Micro 105mm f2.8 IF ED... burning a hole in my pocket liao :Cry:

i m now looking to sell off the Nikon D7000 kit lens 18-105mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR (ANY BUYERS?) and buy the one that Unker and some of you have suggested...18 - 200mm VRII (ANY SELLERS?)...pls PM me if you have lobang to buy or sell... TIA :becky:

Guest desmondtoo

lightning wrote:

thanks bro Des for your advice, we got it from John 3:16 for $1380 (incl GST) and my son is very happy with the Micro 105mm f2.8 IF ED... burning a hole in my pocket liao :Cry:

i m now looking to sell off the Nikon D7000 kit lens 18-105mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR (ANY BUYERS?) and buy the one that Unker and some of you have suggested...18 - 200mm VRII (ANY SELLERS?)...pls PM me if you have lobang to buy or sell... TIA :becky:

Bro, put it up on ClubSnap...:becky:

Checkout these:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/895581-WTSell-Lens-Nikon-18-105-VR

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/895558-WTSell-Lens-Nikon-%2818-105mm-f3.5-5.6%29-VR-Kit-Lens-with-1-4yrs-Warranty

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/895417-WTSell-Lens-Nikon-AF-S-DX-NIKKOR-18-105mm-f-3.5-5.6G-ED-VR-%28New%29

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

Bro Des has given U indications how much your 18-105mm kit lens worth!

Here someone want to buy this kit lens - but he's offering peanuts....:becky:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/895753-WTBuy-Lens-Nikon-18-105-vr

Here's some people selling - old ads but if not sold U can get bargains :lol:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/859255-WTSell-DSLR-Nikon-Nikon-D5000-Nikkor-18-200-VRII?highlight=wtsell%3A+18-200+VRII

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/859607-WTSell-Lens-Nikon-18-200mm-1-3.5-5.6GII-ED-DX-VRII?highlight=wtsell%3A+18-200+VRII

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/847402-WTSell-DSLR-Nikon-D5000-18-200-VRII-and-many-more!!?highlight=wtsell%3A+18-200+VRII

BTW U very goode father to buy your son the 105mm f/2.8 micro....hehehe!

Later if U find it becums white elephant sitting in the dry cabinet, do not get angry with your son, U can karung guni the lens to me.

I buy it by the kilos.......hehehehe! :lol:

Hope U have a dry cabinet to keep your equipment! :whistle:

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro Des has given U indications how much your 18-105mm kit lens worth!

Here someone want to buy this kit lens - but he's offering peanuts....:becky:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/895753-WTBuy-Lens-Nikon-18-105-vr

Here's some people selling - old ads but if not sold U can get bargains :lol:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/859255-WTSell-DSLR-Nikon-Nikon-D5000-Nikkor-18-200-VRII?highlight=wtsell%3A+18-200+VRII

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/859607-WTSell-Lens-Nikon-18-200mm-1-3.5-5.6GII-ED-DX-VRII?highlight=wtsell%3A+18-200+VRII

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/847402-WTSell-DSLR-Nikon-D5000-18-200-VRII-and-many-more!!?highlight=wtsell%3A+18-200+VRII

BTW U very goode father to buy your son the 105mm f/2.8 micro....hehehe!

Later if U find it becums white elephant sitting in the dry cabinet, do not get angry with your son, U can karung guni the lens to me.

I buy it by the kilos.......hehehehe! :lol:

Hope U have a dry cabinet to keep your equipment! :whistle:

thanks for the leads...:becky: bo pian he is in the school photog club, I need to provide him the necessary tools so that he can carry out his various assignments & events coverage...:photo:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockstarced

Hi all,

Just joined this forum not too long along... I've been an advertising photographer for 13 years and counting... Well, basically I shoot advertising campaigns for a living... so no weddings, no events, no photo-cards event kinda photography... I'm running my own studio, and i think I have a pretty awful lot of equipment myself, badly beaten up though.. and it's great to see a column for photography in a Mercedes forum... lols...

Am very much a Canon/ PhaseOne/ Hasselblad person during work...

On a contrary, I'm less of a collector, not keen in buying new equipment or changing them unless they're no longer useful... In fact, I don't really care about lens characteristics, well, a photographer is hired not by the amount of technical knowledge he/ she knows, but rather the competency of getting a project done... Pre production, production & post...

I'm not sure if I can be of help to any bros who needs advise, but should you need any, do PM me over anytime...

Cheers

Guest karilaksa

rockstarced wrote:

Hi all,

Just joined this forum not too long along... I've been an advertising photographer for 13 years and counting... Well, basically I shoot advertising campaigns for a living... so no weddings, no events, no photo-cards event kinda photography... I'm running my own studio, and i think I have a pretty awful lot of equipment myself, badly beaten up though.. and it's great to see a column for photography in a Mercedes forum... lols...

On a contrary, I'm less of a collector, not keen in buying new equipment or changing them unless they're no longer useful... In fact, I don't really care about lens characteristics, well, a photographer is hired not by the amount of technical knowledge he/ she knows, but rather the competency of getting a project done... Pre production, production & post...

I'm not sure if I can be of help to any bros who needs advise, but should you need any, do PM me over anytime...

Cheers

you could give us photography walkabt/advertising shootout lessons....:whistle::bounce:

rockstarced wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers

Wah power! I remember stepping into J Studio one evening to observe an ongoing session and man was I fascinated! :bounce:

We've got a good crop of camera enthusiasts here hence we thought we'd just setup this little area for some banter.

Thanks for offering your expertise! Do drop by our monthly gathering held every last Sunday of the month, usually held at Kallang Carpark F from 430pm.

Guest desmondtoo

rockstarced wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers

Welcome in rockstarced...:welcome::welcome::welcome:

We can surely use some of your expertise!!! Do dropby at our GTG or La Kopi sessions...:tea:

Guest rockstarced

kepiting1sg wrote:

A warm :welcome: to Bro Rockstarced - Rock Steady Man!

Or organize some "mermaids" photo sessions!!!! :lol:

wahahaha... Mermaids can find in underwater world la... lols.... where got mermaids in singapore nowadays....?

I personally use more Canon, because the lenses are a tat softer than Nikon, having said that, it's a good thing because Canon lenses are more forgiving for people photography.... The buttons & dials on a Canon body are easier to find I reckon. Was using Nikon when I was in the press, but converted to Canon when I turned commercial... No no no, Canon didn't send me here... lols...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

thinking of getting a 2nd hand dslr.. probably a 1000d or 1100d.. i tried out 500d and found that the photos are much nicer than p&s cameras.. so want to try out and trying to keep budget low.. anything i should look out for?

is shuttle count something like mileage? too high not gd?

is warranty needed? hows the reliablity of dslrs? will spoil easily? what are the average repair cost?

maintainence wise any difference from p&s camera except for keeping in a dry box? how much would a dry box cost?

thx..

Guest desmondtoo
Hi,

thinking of getting a 2nd hand dslr.. probably a 1000d or 1100d.. i tried out 500d and found that the photos are much nicer than p&s cameras.. so want to try out and trying to keep budget low.. anything i should look out for?

Another option is 550D...comes with HD video.

is shuttle count something like mileage? too high not gd?

The lower the better...sensor hv life-span.

is warranty needed? 2nd hand, good to hv. hows the reliablity of dslrs? Very for me. will spoil easily? I've dropped a previous camera with lens from 1m high, everything still working & sharp. what are the average repair cost? So far no repairs.

maintainence wise any difference from p&s camera except for keeping in a dry box? If you use it frequent, place it on a dry and warm area like study table is good enough. how much would a dry box cost? from $35 onwards

thx..

• 2 months later...
Guest ahmad0420

Hey people,

Been ard 2 years doing car photography. Love the idea as I can get to see/ride and also create amazing photo combining the cars and buildings/nature together.

Started with a Sony a230 and from there on upgraded a few other sony (all 2nd hand) till my current move to Canon 60D. I go for cheap but practical equipment, not expensive ones, unless really necessary.

Can say I'm a good bargain hunter, as all my upgrades are 2nd hand but unused cameras, go figure.

Here's my current equipment setup:

Camera: Canon EOS 60D

Lenses: 18-55mm / 50mm f1.8

Bag: Vanguard UP-Rise 46

Lights: 2x YongNuo 460 II

Tripod: Benro EX160

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, surprised to see a photography section within a car forum.

Well, does anyone here organizes photoshoot where we can share and exchange ideas/equipments. Been quite sometime since I have gone shooting due to lack of time/kakis.