• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 Repair Blog

g8crasher

btw, i notice that some car seat for 124 are higher and some quite low. i had tried lowed to max but still seems very high. any idea if we can lower the seats both driver and passenger side? Also, can 124 change side mirror to w210?

yup like what mike had said, likely is the seat's springs..

for the mirrors, can be change to the W210, be it FL or non F/L, for me, I would rather change the Left side mirror to LHD driver's (must be auto type)

trying to search for it.. went to taiwan, found it but DAMN X, cost me sg$400 for just the left side mirror, somemore its taiwan made not german made!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike

anybody know where i can ger the mercedes logo that is on the bonnet. not the Big star type but those that is flat type which replaces the big star logo on the bonnet

i got the stick on logo for the bonnet from bangkok (mbk) but can't remember how much....

Sigh..!! today my merz horn & signal died on me.... Got it fix once at Eunos workshop 2 month ago and today died again....!!!

Anybody can advise how to get it fix??

Guest Mike

shld be a relay problem for what u mention bk. i think i check it out with my mech and let u know. high chance of a faulty relay. hmm where can i get the bonnet badge from singapore? any shop to recommend? thanx in advance

I may have a spare bonnet badge lying around the house. Let me check and get back to you. Only fits converted W124s... I think!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest millionmilebenz

Mike, in case crasher's badge doesn't fit, you can also try Premier Auto Parts in Sin Ming. They carry lots of MB parts and if they don't have it they can surely order for you. Best of luck! :rockon:

• 2 months later...

Visited Jeep Chee's 2nd outlet at Blk 3014 Ubi Rd this morning as my muffler had something knocking about inside. Chin Han and Andy put my car up on the hoist to have a look and confirmed that my muffler required a swap. A brand new original muffler was delivered in about 15 minutes and installed in under 5 minutes! I got them to weld on a replica AMG tip too!

The result ? It's nice to hear nothing coming from the rear + all the usual positive effects on the psyche. :thumbsup:

Chin Han and Andy are top blokes and sorted the car really quickly. Better if you pay them cash as the main office is a short drive away at Blk 3007. Highly recommended.

30u63cg.jpg

Guest sirBenz

Visited Jeep Chee's 2nd outlet at Blk 3014 Ubi Rd this morning as my muffler had something knocking about inside. Chin Han and Andy put my car up on the hoist to have a look and confirmed that my muffler required a swap. A brand new original muffler was delivered in about 15 minutes and installed in under 5 minutes! I got them to weld on a replica AMG tip too!

The result ? It's nice to hear nothing coming from the rear + all the usual positive effects on the psyche. :thumbsup:

Chin Han and Andy are top blokes and sorted the car really quickly. Better if you pay them cash as the main office is a short drive away at Blk 3007. Highly recommended.

Hey Bro, whats the damage? is it original part?

Yeah bro completely original muffler for the 8 valve engine complete with decal and stamping. It set me back $260. You might be able to get a better price for the part elsewhere and then look for someone to weld it up but I didn't have the time as I needed to get it done ASAP.

Guest sirBenz

Yeah bro completely original muffler for the 8 valve engine complete with decal and stamping. It set me back $260. You might be able to get a better price for the part elsewhere and then look for someone to weld it up but I didn't have the time as I needed to get it done ASAP.

bro, the price is pretty reasonable . my muffler might need change soon(hope not) cos if i shake it by the tailpipe can hear like sand moving around.

bro, the price is pretty reasonable . my muffler might need change soon(hope not) cos if i shake it by the tailpipe can hear like sand moving around.

Bro that's what mine sounded like - sand moving around!

Guest mr w124

Hi all. Been experiencing some squeaking sound coming from the back of the car, esp going over the humps. Thought it might be the dampers. Ride quality is quite harsh now. could be due to fact that i dont really slow down on bumpy roads. Any idea what dampers are the best? looking for something soft for a comfortable ride. HEard many good things about Bilstein. Are that the officail w124 shocks?

Also, after reading g8crasher's sound of 'sand in the muffler' problem, dont know if i've got the same prob. tend to hear a sort of chain like sound from the back when i accelerate, esp during hard acceleration. used to be quite loud when the engine was hot before i changed my radiator. now not so loud, but still there at normal temp (80 - 85)Any ideas what the prob could be?

Guest mr w124

Well i went down to my mech today and told him all the symptoms. Turned out that the prob was with the back seat. needed some greasing and good as new. Also said the shocks were not that bad. The funny thing is that after i was driving back, i realised that i didnt feel the bumpiness so much anymore. Guess that since i was hearing the squeaking sound, i had psychologically felt that the shocks were going and that made me think that the ride was too bumpy.

Another thing was that ever since i got the car a year ago, i had been experiencing this sort of grinding sound from the engine whenever i press the gas too much. Thought it was cos the engine was prob old. Today my mech heard it n told me it was the timing. Apparently with older cars, top dead centre is not very accurate since got to take into account any slight wear on the timing chain. After adjusting the timing, the sound is now gone and the car feels more responsive. A real pleasure to drive n i was doing triple digit speeds down the expressway. So if anyone else is having this prob, adjusting the timing would really help alot.

However, there was the smell of petrol when he jacked up the car and we found out that there was a slight leak from the fuel pump. So have to be prepared for it to fail. Apparently, there wont be much symptoms, but the car would just fail to start. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing mr w124. I need to go adjust my timing chain in the next service. It's freaking annoying whenever I push the car, the grinding comes on!!!! Looking for a front bumper now. Just took a chunk out of it 2 nights ago. :(

What happened? Another delivery guy testing his scooter on a tank? :)

Thanks for sharing mr w124. I need to go adjust my timing chain in the next service. It's freaking annoying whenever I push the car, the grinding comes on!!!! Looking for a front bumper now. Just took a chunk out of it 2 nights ago.

Guest mr w124

I need a front bumper too. mine is cracked at the bottom, torn off on one side and scratched on the other side. plus scratches on the doors, back bumper, piece of metal sticking out near the back door.......... :(