• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 Repair Blog

g8crasher

hi guys,

happy new year to you all. :clap:

I 've got a question; not directly related to the "tank"; but to the ERP IU Unit:

The stickers that are fixing the IU unit holder on the windshield have come off. :death:

Anybody encountered this before?

how to fix it back? 3M? ???

Kinda scary when it happens while driving in rush hour traffic :o

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the fast reply, kelvin. :thumbsup:

Does it mean that I'll have to pay for the new one at vicom?

Btw,

The unit is ok, it's just the holder that committed suicide...

• 2 weeks later...

looks like mike is back in action again.

Still looking for that wiper blade... :-\

Each time I go to tye soon, they say "no stock. Come back next month. " I did that few times; and still no stock :P

Now I've noticed that the left side panel signal light (the small, orange one) is loose. kinda dangling...

I called tye soon; they say, "the orange color signal light is not manufactured anymore." They only have the white one... SS$10 per piece.

Is it true? Do you guys think I can find the orange color? I don't think white light will look good on a white car. ::)

Hi all,

I haven't fully checked it yet, but I think one of the brake lights (the right side at the back) is going off soon; :banghead:

do you think we can change the bulb by ourselves; if yes, anything to look out for?

Somehow, the cars' electrical stuff freaks me out . ???

so much for an electronics engineer... :tongue1:

Hahaha calp freak you out?!?!? Dude I should be the one not you!!

Perhaps the new generation of cars offers a more complex electricals than the bunch of spaghetti in our vehicles. :ninjaturtle:

thanks guys, :thumbsup:

All I need is a pair of bulbs now... :ninja:

Haizz; why don't they sell this kind of stuff in seven-eleven?.. so troublesome to go to Tye soon...

Oh, btw, anyone has any clue abt the wiper blade or not? I am still looking for that as well.

regarding the bulb change: will update you if I don't get electrocuted along the way... :P

• 1 month later...
Guest redbell

thanks guys, :thumbsup:

All I need is a pair of bulbs now... :ninja:

Haizz; why don't they sell this kind of stuff in seven-eleven?.. so troublesome to go to Tye soon...

Oh, btw, anyone has any clue abt the wiper blade or not? I am still looking for that as well.

regarding the bulb change: will update you if I don't get electrocuted along the way... :P

been going to sin ming road to buy acc and diy.

anybody can tell me how much it cost to do a general overhaul?? i am thinking of giving my w124 a thorough repair then renew the COE.

been going to sin ming road to buy acc and diy.

anybody can tell me how much it cost to do a general overhaul?? i am thinking of giving my w124 a thorough repair then renew the COE.

Wow da jie diy hmmm. :thumbsup:

Cost of overhaul varys lei! Depends on your engine also lor! Range from $2k onwards to $5k. Maybe safe range is $3k max?

• 8 years later...