• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where to buy your Mercedes Parts locally!

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks but I was told I should keep since I do not have spare tyres? Do people normally change them away?

I don't know about other people but all my previous cars that came with run flats were changed out within 1st week of ownership. I usually carry those foam fillers if I go to Malaysia. I could be wrong but I always hear people with run flats having more flats than usual.

Is run flats repairable?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the above list of Merc parts dealers.  I've tried contacting them for injectors for my CDI (OM651) engine, unfortunately most of them do not carry stock.  I was wandering if any of you would know where I would be able to source for the injectors?  I am sure there must be some dealers around carrying it with the number of W212 E220 taxis around.

Your advice and assistance on the matter would be much appreciated.  Thank you as always.

Regards,

Dave

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the above list of Merc parts dealers. I've tried contacting them for injectors for my CDI (OM651) engine, unfortunately most of them do not carry stock. I was wandering if any of you would know where I would be able to source for the injectors? I am sure there must be some dealers around carrying it with the number of W212 E220 taxis around.

Your advice and assistance on the matter would be much appreciated. Thank you as always.

Regards,

Dave

From my knowledge those taxi are service by comfort , maybe u want to try sending your car into there

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Goldenlink Auto is the worst. Waited for 5 months and stock is still not yet in despite making full payment of item. Give many excuses and standard answers like overseas system down not able to check..already rush their supplier..etc..Now not able to refund cannot exchange with other item stuck with lotsa of excuses from their salesman.. Regreted going to them. Waste of time =(

• Like 1

Goldenlink Auto is the worst. Waited for 5 months and stock is still not yet in despite making full payment of item. Give many excuses and standard answers like overseas system down not able to check..already rush their supplier..etc..Now not able to refund cannot exchange with other item stuck with lotsa of excuses from their salesman.. Regreted going to them. Waste of time =(

The one you went is in which location? What is the item that u ordered took months to come? Whats your ride? Do share with us. Thanks

hi

i am new to this site

considering buying over 05 S280L W220 which has suspension problem as in driver's side front & rear lower than the pax side front & rear.

seller says its airmatic problem but no further details as in what are the items to be changed

seller also claims that only the driver's front side is faulty based on the fault code but why is the driver's rear also low?

i know this should be in the model specific or handling section but since going thru stockists just hoped to get a quick insight into the issue then start calling the stockists for part quotes.

thanks for reading & keep replies coming.

hi

i am new to this site

considering buying over 05 S280L W220 which has suspension problem as in driver's side front & rear lower than the pax side front & rear.

seller says its airmatic problem but no further details as in what are the items to be changed

seller also claims that only the driver's front side is faulty based on the fault code but why is the driver's rear also low?

i know this should be in the model specific or handling section but since going thru stockists just hoped to get a quick insight into the issue then start calling the stockists for part quotes.

thanks for reading & keep replies coming.

Walk away if the dealer not going to replace the suspension set. Is called air matic suspension which will cost u an arm or leg for reolacement.

hey blackmercs

thanks for the quick & pragmatic reply

i do have a hang up dealing with dealers & their contracts & promises to rectify faults before purchase is finalised & the related nightmares that will certainly follow.

i am aiming to go the route of buying at a price with the fault & then getting it rectified myself hence this query.

hey blackmercs

thanks for the quick & pragmatic reply

i do have a hang up dealing with dealers & their contracts & promises to rectify faults before purchase is finalised & the related nightmares that will certainly follow.

i am aiming to go the route of buying at a price with the fault & then getting it rectified myself hence this query.

There is this lemon law thingy. Dealer will only and likely repair for gear box and engine issues due to oil leak. The rest is standard reply "wear & tear". So send it to vicom for a check before sign on the dotted line. The.condition for the purchase will void if fail the inspection and dealer will rectify all the faulty issues before purchase. Full refund for the deposits if these condition are not met. Only if the dealer agreed to these condition. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I have purchased from several of the MB Parts Stockist in the list over the years, some are helpful and some are less so.

I've learnt to do my homework on getting the exact MB part number from internet or just provide engine / chassis no and head for the largest stockist (in $ turnover) in Singapore which only deal in cash and do not have a grand air conditioned counter but offer the best deal and no frill service in town. Go to Min Hoe Auto Supply Co at 

Comparing prices of spare parts from C&C parts counter in Pandan Loop, Min Hoe comes in approx 40% lower! All stockist in SG gets parts directly from Diamler Benz including C&C when you see them accessing the Mercedes Benz online parts catalogue through their terminal key board.

My last purchase from them was a set of 19" staggered AMG 7 Twin Spoke wheels 8.5x19 (2 pcs) + 9.5x19 (2 pcs) for $3600 w. GST,...far lower than any internet source available or other local MB stockist!

Just collected my rims today ahead of my W212 arrival next month.

sml_gallery_6268_191_548252.jpgmed_gallery_6268_191_226850.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Can anyone advise me about this intermittent problem I have.

Firstly, I got a message from the car system tellin me that my 'Rear right side marker lamp' is not working. After changing the bulb, all was well for the next two days, then the same message appeared. The next time I started my car, the message disappeared and it was working again. Shortly during the drive, the same message appeared again! .... Till now.

Anyone knows about this ? Thanking you in advance.

Ck GOH

I got the same problem, bulb blow. Replacement it myself. Get someone to step on the brakes and you check the rear lights which bulb blow, easier.

>>ckgoh

Intermittent problem can be due to worn out/loose/burn out lamp holder or connector(These can work itself loose during driving intermittently) ....

Of course it can also be a simple case of a blown bulb ..

my 2 cents 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Will be first time doing DIY. Dipped beam bulb not working. Planning to buy and change on my own. Read somewhere the bulb should be H7 for my car model W204. Have the following qns and hope to get some advise:

1. Does any bulb that is H7 series will fit?

2. Any recommendation on where to buy the bulb

3. Is there any cost saving in buying the bulb on my own compared to changing at local car workshop? This seems like some small misc job though.

Thanks and any advise is appreciated. First time doing DIY and hope to get some satisfaction on it.

Take the old one out as a sample, then when you go to any accessories shop to buy a replacement, you will get the right one! 

Use whatever spec is original fitment, and change the bulbs in pairs :) 

Procedure may be in the user manual, or if in doubt, I'm sure lots of pictorial guides/youtube videos available online.

• Like 1

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

I have purchased from several of the MB Parts Stockist in the list over the years, some are helpful and some are less so.

I've learnt to do my homework on getting the exact MB part number from internet or just provide engine / chassis no and head for the largest stockist (in $ turnover) in Singapore which only deal in cash and do not have a grand air conditioned counter but offer the best deal and no frill service in town. Go to Min Hoe Auto Supply Co at 

Comparing prices of spare parts from C&C parts counter in Pandan Loop, Min Hoe comes in approx 40% lower! All stockist in SG gets parts directly from Diamler Benz including C&C when you see them accessing the Mercedes Benz online parts catalogue through their terminal key board.

My last purchase from them was a set of 19" staggered AMG 7 Twin Spoke wheels 8.5x19 (2 pcs) + 9.5x19 (2 pcs) for $3600 w. GST,...far lower than any internet source available or other local MB stockist!

Just collected my rims today ahead of my W212 arrival next month.

Sweet rims. Am getting this too. What tyres and spec you getting?