• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

No Sprint Booster and KleemanK-Box for W204...

Guest morganoh

Guest morganoh

Very Sad. Wanted to install the Sprint Booster and Kleeman K-Box for the W204.

But when I'm at MBM, was told none of them can be used on the new W204 .

May have to wait for mths or maybe upto a year in order for the new product for W204 to be ready.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Sad. Wanted to install the Sprint Booster and Kleeman K-Box for the W204.

But when I'm at MBM, was told none of them can be used on the new W204 .

May have to wait for mths or maybe upto a year in order for the new product for W204 to be ready.

but tik back, does Sprint Booster really help to improve the performance of the car?

Guest morganoh

According to what I had read in different car forums group (mycarforum, BMW, Lancer, Hyundai)

All those driver that bought the sprint booster has very good comment about it and some said its the must have thing to buy after u collect the car.

It does not increase the engine's Horse Power. it just amplify the signal from the accelerator to your engine, telling it to rev faster and higher.

There are some who said money can be save by stepping on the accelerator faster and harder.

But those who bought the Sprint Booster try their car with and without it, said that the same effect can't be achieve by having a heavier foot.

And I believe in them, cos if most of the Sprint Booster owners has good comments on a product, then how bad can it be. must be quite good . RIGHT?

According to what I had read in different car forums group (mycarforum, BMW, Lancer, Hyundai)

All those driver that bought the sprint booster has very good comment about it and some said its the must have thing to buy after u collect the car.

It does not increase the engine's Horse Power. it just amplify the signal from the accelerator to your engine, telling it to rev faster and higher.

There are some who said money can be save by stepping on the accelerator faster and harder.

But those who bought the Sprint Booster try their car with and without it, said that the same effect can't be achieve by having a heavier foot.

And I believe in them, cos if most of the Sprint Booster owners has good comments on a product, then how bad can it be. must be quite good . RIGHT?

Thks for the explanation. Hw much does it cost including installation?Will C&C void the warranty after installing? does it affect the fuel consumption?

lsk005 ]

It does not increase the engine' wrote:

Thks for the explanation. Hw much does it cost including installation?Will C&C void the warranty after installing? does it affect the fuel consumption?

how much is the K-Box generally? does it make the engine for 204 smoother? and quieter?

Guest morganoh

K-Box is around $3200.

Our Turbo for the W204 is boost at a certain Bar. I do not know how much boost.

But taking for example boost at 0.6Bar.

By installing the K-box the Turbo charger is boost is at 0.8Bar.

So thats around 20%+ more.

As for Quiet and smoother, I'm not sure

phicho ]

how much is the K-Box generally? does it make the engine for 204 smoother? and quieter?

morganoh ]

K-Box is around $3200.

As for Quiet and smoother, I' wrote:

lsk005 ]

Just for K-Box so expensive? Does it include anything else with it?

K-Box is around $3200.

W204 cum with turbo? ??? ??? ??? tot its supercharger.

apart from Kbox etc....can we run standalone ECUs for mercs like the c200?

ECUs like AEM/Microtech/Hydra/Autronic/HKS Power FC etc...?

ART tuning , Carlsson, Lorinser and many more, also got their respective upgraded ECUs(piggyback systems)

just that i think K-box is much cheaper than the rest?? that's Y there is so much K-box in the market! 8)

Guest speckie1

apart from Kbox etc....can we run standalone ECUs for mercs like the c200?

ECUs like AEM/Microtech/Hydra/Autronic/HKS Power FC etc...?

ART tuning , Carlsson, Lorinser and many more, also got their respective upgraded ECUs(piggyback systems)

just that i think K-box is much cheaper than the rest?? that's Y there is so much K-box in the market! 8)

of course, just cause i have an autronic ecu and was wondering if that could be transferred over :P

of course, just cause i have an autronic ecu and was wondering if that could be transferred over Tongue

Enable rotational idle on your new W204. I would love to see the reaction on people's faces. :)

Guest speckie1

Enable rotational idle on your new W204. I would love to see the reaction on people's faces. :)

hehe...that would be fun :D

but need to find out lor, if it's possible.. i'm just afraid there might be too many electronics in the current w204

hehe...that would be fun Cheesy

but need to find out lor, if it's possible.. i'm just afraid there might be too many electronics in the current w204

Yeah I think the electronics bit is what will scare even the most senior of electricians from wiring up the car.

lsk005 ]

alamak bro, u sounded exactly like me when i was thinking about adding all those things to my car. am also worried about the warranty. then i said f..k it. take the risk. have installed the k-box pulley & sprint boaster.

petrol comsumption went down slightly. after a while, u will get use to the acceleration & u will know how hard or soft to press the accelerator.

the sprint boaster only help when u 1 2 pick up. as for the k-box pulley, it helps when u r travelling at about 70. the power will come.

just my 2 cents worth. btw, did the k-box pulley last dec end & sprint boaster last week. lol

now m thinking of 'cutting' my exhaust. tot of changing the exhaust header but need to shelved the plan becoz its connected to the engine & dont want to REALLY void the warranty. touch wood.

see u guys at the meet up.

cheers

sy

Guest morganoh

just my 2 cents worth. btw, did the k-box pulley last dec end & sprint boaster last week. lol

now m thinking of 'cutting' my exhaust. tot of changing the exhaust header but need to shelved the plan becoz its connected to the engine & dont want to REALLY void the warranty. touch wood.

see u guys at the meet up.

cheers

sy

I went to MBM and other shops selling the sprint booster, all of them said that the sprint booster can't be used for the W204.

Even the distributor said so.

So is your a w204?

Please advice, cos really wanted to buy that .

• 4 weeks later...

morganoh ]

now m thinking of ' wrote:

I went to MBM and other shops selling the sprint booster, all of them said that the sprint booster can't be used for the W204.

Even the distributor said so.

So is your a w204?

Please advice, cos really wanted to buy that .

there is no sprint booster for W204 yet. sy's ride is W211. i sold him my sprint booster that i used for my W203 cos i can't use it on my @204.

CBlack ]

morganoh ]

now m thinking of ' wrote:

I went to MBM and other shops selling the sprint booster, all of them said that the sprint booster can' wrote:

there is no sprint booster for W204 yet. sy's ride is W211. i sold him my sprint booster that i used for my W203 cos i can't use it on my @204.

yes, cblack sold me his. once i put it in, feeling shoik lah. but must be careful of the fuel consumption. dont anyhow chiong. cblack also 'poison' me with a lot of other stuffs too.

cheers,

sy

My 2cts worth for sprintbooster

It converted my dull W211 FL to literally a pocket rocket. Straight line acceleration shiok. But now Autotrans now always in Comfort mode. The 189bhp is a little brash for the car even with the lanchester balancer.

Fuel consumption shoots up in the beginning but reaches equilibrium once you get the hang of it.

Car handling: The parametric acceleration curve makes it difficult to feather the throttle while negotiating corners.

Guest angela

went to mbm in e afternoon, was told that the Kleeman K-box n pulley is ready for w204. $3800

That Kleeman kit sounds pricey, are there other comparable kits around?

Do you have any info on the kit? Went to Kleemann website but didn't find anything relating to the W204.