• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advice on used R-class

Guest cong

Hi,

I thinking of getting a used R-class. I have some queries to ask bros who owned the car:

1. Is there any known problems/defects that I must take note of? I've search the web and most problems seems to be the tailgate unable to open/close properly. Not sure if there are other more serious ones.

2. Any manufacture year in particular that is more reliable? Had also read that more recent models are better. Is 2006 model reliable?

3. Maintenance. Is it the usual 10k km change oil, 60k km major servicing, etc? Any special maintenance requirements to take note?

4. Which is better? R280 or R350, and why so?

5. Finally how's the FC?

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

cong wrote:

Hi,

I thinking of getting a used R-class. I have some queries to ask bros who owned the car:

1. Is there any known problems/defects that I must take note of? I've search the web and most problems seems to be the tailgate unable to open/close properly. Not sure if there are other more serious ones.

2. Any manufacture year in particular that is more reliable? Had also read that more recent models are better. Is 2006 model reliable?

3. Maintenance. Is it the usual 10k km change oil, 60k km major servicing, etc? Any special maintenance requirements to take note?

4. Which is better? R280 or R350, and why so?

5. Finally how's the FC?

Thanks.

Hope there are R Class members to update this thread for U!

My boss is driving a 2010 R350. He had since driven it for 4 months.

He chose the R350 for the extra hp and IIRC it comes with All Wheel Drive or 4-Matic. The R300 do not. I believe the later models has "air suspension"

The usual 10k km oil change - major servicing should be 30k.

Dun think there's special maint. req'mts! :hand:

• 3 years later...