• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest apple088

alfie wrote:

2. Excessive vibration from engine if maintain at 1300 to 1500 rpm. SE attributes it to C mode, because 'engine engages at 2nd gear instead of 1st.' :crazy: He advised me to switch to S mode for city driving, which I tried and it helps. Only issue is that it reverts to C mode whenever the engine is switched off..... :Cry:

Ask your SE when you test drive got such vibration??

I don't face this issue ... C-> Comfy ride ... S-> Shitty mood

rssid wrote:

Hi alfie which svc centre did you go to and to whom did you speak to ? ive got the problem no.1 same as you.

hi, i went to leng kee. only 1 chap was there early in the morning. think his name is nasir.

apple088 wrote:

Ask your SE when you test drive got such vibration??

I don't face this issue ... C-> Comfy ride ... S-> Shitty mood

they say it is a known 'issue', but not a problem. :shocked:

oh, by the way, there is a software update for engine management. dont feel any difference though. didnt ask what's the update about.

in comfy mode ©, higher gears are engaged at low speed to improve fuel consumption. However the setbacks are the "vibration" and the low hollow resonance that echoes in the cabin. Wife and I felt a little uncomfortable with it, may I add.

I think this only happen to butter right foot like some of us. or maybe the car isnt "run-in" yet. Hope this will go away after 1st servicing. meantime S mode for me. ^^

alfie wrote:

Hi bros, just want to share my recent experience.

Went to c&c for 3 problems.

1. Knocking sound when going over humps. They replaced the 2 front shock absorbers and problem's gone. But car had to stay overnite. Especially painful cos it was rainy days... argghhh..

2. Excessive vibration from engine if maintain at 1300 to 1500 rpm. SE attributes it to C mode, because 'engine engages at 2nd gear instead of 1st.' :crazy: He advised me to switch to S mode for city driving, which I tried and it helps. Only issue is that it reverts to C mode whenever the engine is switched off..... :Cry:

3. Recall check. Told me that if my car is affected, I would have received a letter, which I did not. So not sure if they checked at all.

Seems like the "knocking sound" attributed to the front shock absorber is very common. Changed mine as well!

skoder wrote:

I know that yours a c200k, just fyi, in my cgi manual it says that the this "anti-roll back" or "hill brake assist" (not sure if they are the same) can only hold the rolling for a sec. just enough time to for one to switch from brake to accelerator.

personally, i tried on Imm slope (all four wheels on the slope itself, or the mid portion of the slope), it actually holds, but i hadda depress the brakes more for it to hold. The brake held for more than 30sec before i have to move on.

However, when the same was applied to another slope (a more gradual gradient compared to the one in IMM MSCP). it din work. it does not work when 2 wheels on slope and the hind wheels on leveled ground.

well, let us know your outcome. and good luck. ^^

Waited almost 2 weeks for this appt. at Ubi (just becos wanted to be the first person to be serve). Yes. i am the first person to be serve when reach there last Friday, also the first person to be collect back the car after 10min.

The SE told me is normal for the car to perform at C mode but not S mode......

I scolded him that the service hotline girl, Maggie, should have told me that in the phone, rather i wasted my 1 day leave....haiz...C & C...

As for the air-con console, SE say is normal for that part to be slightly colder abit...

Nothing much to say to him after that, leave for JB straight away to relax since taken a day leave..

xtrem wrote:

Waited almost 2 weeks for this appt. at Ubi (just becos wanted to be the first person to be serve). Yes. i am the first person to be serve when reach there last Friday, also the first person to be collect back the car after 10min.

The SE told me is normal for the car to perform at C mode but not S mode......

I scolded him that the service hotline girl, Maggie, should have told me that in the phone, rather i wasted my 1 day leave....haiz...C & C...

As for the air-con console, SE say is normal for that part to be slightly colder abit...

Nothing much to say to him after that, leave for JB straight away to relax since taken a day leave..

Goodness why on earth did you think a receptionist would know more about your car then you (who has a car manual but prob didnt read it) ?

You could have checked with your SE also about this issue rather then "waste your 1 day leave", sheesh still want to scold an innocent person too and then come to the forum to boast about it ?

Haiz big man you are ......

Guest apple088

vt5sport wrote:

U mean hang as in the CD pauses?

After the phone call ended it still shows the phone call is in place. iPhone already in a status offline. All other buttons does not work ?~?~?~? Had to do soft reboot press off-on lucky no need to do hard reboot. - no Ctrl+alt+del buttons

Guest vt5sport

apple088 wrote:

After the phone call ended it still shows the phone call is in place. iPhone already in a status offline. All other buttons does not work ?~?~?~? Had to do soft reboot press off-on lucky no need to do hard reboot. - no Ctrl+alt+del buttons

Oic....hv u tried it wif any other phone? I'm using a Nokia and no probs so far.

gavin wrote:

Goodness why on earth did you think a receptionist would know more about your car then you (who has a car manual but prob didnt read it) ?

You could have checked with your SE also about this issue rather then "waste your 1 day leave", sheesh still want to scold an innocent person too and then come to the forum to boast about it ?

Haiz big man you are ......

Hey Gavin, i am just sharing my experience here nia, not boasting around, i may be wrong or right during that time, but one thing for sure, whether i am big or small man, I DON"T NEED YOUR COMMENT HERE!

Don"t act you are a big brother here in this forum, we dont't need another street gang fight here in Singapore.

Bro xtrem if you want to post your comments in an open forum then yea its open to critique from everyone else. If you're so sensitive about these things then I'd suggest either phrasing your experience with C&C in a better way rather then making it seem like its all their fault all the time or getting this thread locked directly after your post.

Big brother in the forum ? Yep I actually think we do need a few more people who look after the content to prevent it from turning into a hate filled flaming blame everything on everyone else but yourself forum which should not be the case. This forum is about sharing and helping other members enjoy their rides and mods and solve problems not about how you treat others poorly, you do realise that the service staff you've "scolded" is a human with feelings too right ? How do you think he felt after dealng with you ?

Grow up bro just because you drive a nice expensive car that the world owes you a favour and should treat you like you're king. As for street gang fight, i'd like to think that the fellow members are mature enough to know whats going on so theres no real "fight" here just an exchange of ideas it all depends on how you take critique thats all.

Guest kepiting1sg

Chill guys!

Mon blues!.....with this Wed break for Haji holiday!

No intention of locking up this thread especially useful information for the W204 guys to share their RIDE problems!

Just go & enjoy our rides guys!!!!!!

I can understand the feeling of xtreme. Time is a previlidge to some of us, especially in a competitive environment in sg. C&C has yet to achieve the standard that would make us proud. Drawing from experience in my IT days. We have mobile number of duty engineers to service our customers 24/7. These engineers know their jobs and can be on site within 2hrs.

Well I do not think I demand that kind of service... Having said that, it is always good to know your cars. Receptionist may not know what are the issues. But should be able to direct technical problems to duty SE for validity of repairs, if there is such a system implemented by CC.

Many agree that sg has low service standard. And to promote sg as a service hub (since a huge percentage of our GDP is from the service industry), we should start to evaluate ourselves, perhaps starting with the bigger boys (MNC) to re-pave the way?

Tho scolding the receptionist may seems harsh and uncalled for, I understand the emotional reaction trigger by the 2weeks wait for a fix that may be potentially a problem that could escalate to safety hazards and expenses if not diagnosed early.

The suppression of these worries couple with the competitive environment in sg, unleashes negative responses, sometimes many of us may not realize till being told so.

Guest vt5sport

Btw, does C&C has an assigned service consultant to each of us?

At SM Mtrs, every volvo is assigned a dedicated one and that person knows the car's hsitory and the owner.

No need to log in to book or call to speak to some technically untrained receptionist, that sort of crap like C&C. I juz simply sms or call my SC and i hv a booking and he/she will followup all the way from there. Excellent system.

wow, din know volvo has such a system. Its good to have a dedicated SE to service your your car. trouble is turnover of workshop manpower can be quite high depending on the renumeration package for staff retention from the HR dept. many times, organisations choose to "cheaper" solutions to remain "competitive", albeit less experienced and knowledgeable.

I shall resist to digress. This is a small yet systemic flaw for an huge MNC to neglect....

If big bro set this standard like that, then my "chao Ah beng" selling killer whale dun look too bad liao. hehe. (metaphorically)

I have no doubt SM Motors provide very good service. In fact i think all distributors under Wearns group provide very good service. Of course they also charge you for it.

And look at the number of Volvo cars sold compared to Merc.... of course they can tailor the needs to individual customers exclusively. If C&C were to do that, i think they need a very very large workforce and cost will be passed onto us customers.

I dont think C&C gives the best service, but theirs is not bad. In fact i was very very pleased with the way they handled my car so far.

Guest vt5sport

skoder wrote:

wow, din know volvo has such a system. Its good to have a dedicated SE to service your your car. trouble is turnover of workshop manpower can be quite high depending on the renumeration package for staff retention from the HR dept. many times, organisations choose to "cheaper" solutions to remain "competitive", albeit less experienced and knowledgeable.

I shall resist to digress. This is a small yet systemic flaw for an huge MNC to neglect....

If big bro set this standard like that, then my "chao Ah beng" selling killer whale dun look too bad liao. hehe. (metaphorically)

Actually, SM's staff retention rate for the SC is considered very good. My SC has been there since i first bought from them in the early 2000s. The also hv a system where an independent firm will call to do an annual survey of the SC's performance which i guess their bonus will be based on.

Guest vt5sport

mile wrote:

I have no doubt SM Motors provide very good service. In fact i think all distributors under Wearns group provide very good service. Of course they also charge you for it.

And look at the number of Volvo cars sold compared to Merc.... of course they can tailor the needs to individual customers exclusively. If C&C were to do that, i think they need a very very large workforce and cost will be passed onto us customers.

I dont think C&C gives the best service, but theirs is not bad. In fact i was very very pleased with the way they handled my car so far.

Yeah, volvo's service charges are as high, if not higher than merc's. :Cry:

But i guess u get what u pay for. For example, complimentary taxi to any destination is provided after u drop off ur car there (not juz a cramped out ride to the nearest MRT) and if not going too far, i always get a free ride in the company's S80 or V70.

Hence, had naturally assumed that a premium brand like merc would hv such services. Was shocked to find out otherwise. Lidat aftersales standard no diff from any bread n butter jap or korean car lei or even PI.

Guest chiaster

Does anyone here experience rattling and squeaking noises from the glove box compartment when the car is on the move? I suspect it's the hinges and not the catch that's making those noises but not too sure how to get rid of it. It irritates the he'll out of me!!! Urgh. Any experiences or advice to share? Cheers.