• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest apple088

rssid wrote:

The nice people at mbm can help you out check with them. Autospritz also specializes with conti cars. If all you're doing is a simple oil change the shell auto serve workshops are cheap n good

Do they do the service reset ??

Guest skoder

hi guys,

Just took delivery of the car and found that it has this veering left problem. having driven many cars on the same route for many years, this is definitely not your regular road drainage design. the intensity of veering is further exacerbated when braking.

My question is : Has there anyone here rectified with C&C for this issue permanently, under warranty? Meaning, they fix the problem for u without charging or giving lame excuses. If so, may I know how long it takes to fix, where to fix and who to look for?

Much thanks!

Guest vratenza

skoder wrote:

hi guys,

Just took delivery of the car and found that it has this veering left problem. having driven many cars on the same route for many years, this is definitely not your regular road drainage design. the intensity of veering is further exacerbated when braking.

My question is : Has there anyone here rectified with C&C for this issue permanently, under warranty? Meaning, they fix the problem for u without charging or giving lame excuses. If so, may I know how long it takes to fix, where to fix and who to look for?

Much thanks!

seem like alignment is off....should be easily rectified by C&C at zero cost to you since you just took delivery.

Guest blackmercs

skoder wrote:

hi guys,

Much thanks!

U just took over the ride so there shouldn't be any lame excuses. If yes tell them y u buy from them instead PI. Yr issue can be resolve by wheel alignment and is less than 2 hrs job.

Guest skoder

Thank you guys! last night on the way home, i heard some knocking sound beneath the carriage. specially when going over hump. t think its the tok tok sound that the forum is talking about. Pandan have the resources to fix all these problems?

Guest vratenza

skoder wrote:

Thank you guys! last night on the way home, i heard some knocking sound beneath the carriage. specially when going over hump. t think its the tok tok sound that the forum is talking about. Pandan have the resources to fix all these problems?

pandan is their parts centre.....and the answer is yes.

Booked a service for the "tok" sound. tested and confirmed with with them, faulty damper.

take time to fix, cant give me time needed.

Left veering: when first told the SA, he pulled a quick one telling me the "road condition thingy"... Tired of the same crap "this customer must be a noob", I told him that this is not my first ride and i drove long enough to try different cars on the same patch of road. (Condescending tone unintended). LL, he went for a second spin then acknowledges the issue.... alignment problem suspected, and further testing required.

The marketing dept has spend quite a lot of money to tell ppl that a Merc has to be serviced by Merc experts (C&C). deflection should not be in the ingredient. Internal communication is as vital as external communication (public), if not more.

If this continues, i will be outsourcing the warranty.

skoder wrote:

hi guys,

Much thanks!

I had this problem too when I just got my car. Drove for 1 week then went back to C&C...they did a test drive with me and decided that the car was slightly veering left. However, when they do the alignment, it shows that everything is within range. I was given a copy of the alignment report.

They told this is a common problem and that the parts have not 'run-in' yet and told me to monitor and to go back if veering problem persist. After driving more than 5k km...seems like no more veering issue.

skoder wrote:

Booked a service for the "tok" sound. tested and confirmed with with them, faulty damper.

take time to fix, cant give me time needed.

Left veering: when first told the SA, he pulled a quick one telling me the "road condition thingy"... Tired of the same crap "this customer must be a noob", I told him that this is not my first ride and i drove long enough to try different cars on the same patch of road. (Condescending tone unintended). LL, he went for a second spin then acknowledges the issue.... alignment problem suspected, and further testing required.

The marketing dept has spend quite a lot of money to tell ppl that a Merc has to be serviced by Merc experts (C&C). deflection should not be in the ingredient. Internal communication is as vital as external communication (public), if not more.

If this continues, i will be outsourcing the warranty.

bro, i have the two problem u mention here, the "tok tok " sound coming out from the suspension whenever u drive over a hump & the veering to the left problem whenever u drive straight the same old road u been driven everyday.

Please give urself some time to harrass them for the above two problem. For my case in conclusion, they solve it by replacing a new suspention & manage to solve the veering to left when driving striaght road by their new alightment machine just brought in from Germany as they told me.

Guest chiaster

xtrem wrote:

bro, i have the two problem u mention here, the "tok tok " sound coming out from the suspension whenever u drive over a hump & the veering to the left problem whenever u drive straight the same old road u been driven everyday.

Please give urself some time to harrass them for the above two problem. For my case in conclusion, they solve it by replacing a new suspention & manage to solve the veering to left when driving striaght road by their new alightment machine just brought in from Germany as they told me.

Bro, could you share with us which service centre fixed these problems for you? Is there someone there that you would recommend whom we can speak about these issues to? Many thanks. Cheers.

The views from the forum pretty much suggest Pandan, where skills and parts are available, (tho my experience tells me otherwise) not sure who exactly know to fix and most importantly happy to rectify your vehicle so that u may drive safe.

In my younger days in Arm forces, we are not just taught how to operate machines, but also to diagnose and fix electronics including software configuration.

I hope C&C train all their SAs to really Listen and Solve customers' concerns. and professionally, like soldiers know the firing pin is missing the moment they pick up their rifle. if the 3 pointed star is a prestigious brand with German's pride, train the SAs to be like one.

Sigh, din we buy a good car with a price we though would give us a peace of mind?

I suspect its a batch issue too. i was made to think that it is an isolated case and that i m lucky that there is parts available. =( fortunately he offered a courtesy vehicle, but i have to wait till its available next week, meantime drive the car and hope theres no safety issues....

I hope servicing and repairs extend to the weekends.

chiaster wrote:

Bro, could you share with us which service centre fixed these problems for you? Is there someone there that you would recommend whom we can speak about these issues to? Many thanks. Cheers.

Pandan service centre. Lets just make my story short. That was when service my car first time in Ubi, after a few days, someone call me up for a survey regarding the feedback. So i boom them all the problem i face as mention previously. Telling them off all the unhappiness since i collected the car and during the service centre there i was facing the bad experience.

So they re-arrange me at Pandan and all the problem they solve for me after 3 days (with complement car, CLC, my was a C class saloon)

Now i face a new problem! My side board console in between the gear (exactly our knee there) got moisture whenever the back aircon turn on for some time.

Do you guys here have this problem?

that area inside is a little cold, i think your case is condensation. if i am not wrong, the passenger side also have. tho i din feel the moist, as my temp is set to 19 degree Celsius, will try to set a little lower today to try. Whats your temp set at?

skoder wrote:

that area inside is a little cold, i think your case is condensation. if i am not wrong, the passenger side also have. tho i din feel the moist, as my temp is set to 19 degree Celsius, will try to set a little lower today to try. Whats your temp set at?

Hey skoder, thanks for the respond, mine is set at 22 degree celsius. And yes the passenger side also have this problem. All of a sudden, i think is it because of my temperature is set high at 22 degree celsius?

And maybe i should set down the temperature so that i do not have this problem anymore?

Hmm just curious, may i know what is the average temperature all bros & sister here is turning at?

Mine set at 23deg Auto ... no condensation. Check the leg ventilation flap ... could be the problem when they replace it. My wife's A class had condensation on the drivers side vent on day 1 during collection. end up it was due to the flap faulty.

On the front suspension issue... mine veer left too since day 1 but no toktok sound. I didnt go back until first service (15k) and told them alignment issue to check... when i collect my car the problem is gone.

Guest chiaster

I set mine at 22degrees Celsius, fan speed at 3, sometimes 2. I also use the internal circulation button most of the time unless I am on a long stretch of open road with little or no cars around. I can feel that the centre console area near the gearshift where the front occupants' knees rest, is cold. However, no condensation experienced and hopefully it stays that way.

With regards to the veering left issue and the knocking sound coming from the rear suspension / dampers, I have driven 1000km and it is still there. Just booked an appointment online for next Monday at Pandan with brief description of the problems on the free text box. Hopefully they can get it sorted out nicely.