• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

Guest upcoming

For mirrors i sought our Hata as recommended by my SE who is still looking after my car's needs 1 year on ... sorted out...my side mirrors were creaking during opening/closing previously.

Alignment wise there's kenny's alignment at AMK Autopoint and level 1 CK motor..all with alignment machines to precision from Germany =)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Luci Ride

archie wrote:

The alignment was done at sta. It was ok for the first week but nw it's starting to steer left. Nuthing was change since new. Any similar exp?

Actually all cars even with proper alignment & tire pressure will experience vering to the left for all roads are constructed as such to 'drain water' away hence .......

However if you're in carpark (multistory type that's sebei flat) & drive slowly yet experiencing it going towards left when steering was pointed straight (when Alignment & pressure are perfect), then bushings might be worn but since your car still new-it's unlikely.

Guest blackmercs

archie wrote:

The alignment was done at sta. It was ok for the first week but nw it's starting to steer left. Nuthing was change since new. Any similar exp?

I suspect is e camber thingy. I m not e expert is best u seek another workshop to get realign.

Guest relagsingh

blackmercs wrote:

Haha no need c&c, just go to reputable workshop that comes with alignment machine to a check for u, damage est $100 or less. Jurong Stamford tyres is not too bad for alignment inspection. Btw did u change new set of tyres recently like within 6 months ago?

actually i'm pretty satisfied with stamford's service also. price is ok with the level of equipment and expertise.

and though their rims and tyres can be a tad pricey, what u get is free rotation, free balancing and alignment and free minor puncture repair in the future.

Guest blackmercs

relagsingh wrote:

actually i'm pretty satisfied with stamford's service also. price is ok with the level of equipment and expertise.

and though their rims and tyres can be a tad pricey, what u get is free rotation, free balancing and alignment and free minor puncture repair in the future.

What I like abt them is that they hv a machine to test yr suspension strength. This equipment with them for a long time but not many knows abt it. Till date, many car's owner depends on their workshop guy advise them when to replace a new set. How they do it? The usual methods is by looking for oil leak or by pressing e car, sees whether it's bounces back to e original position or not!!! U think is it e correct method, u got to decide :)

Guest relagsingh

blackmercs wrote:

What I like abt them is that they hv a machine to test yr suspension strength. This equipment with them for a long time but not many knows abt it. Till date, many car's owner depends on their workshop guy advise them when to replace a new set. How they do it? The usual methods is by looking for oil leak or by pressing e car, sees whether it's bounces back to e original position or not!!! U think is it e correct method, u got to decide :)

wow. nice pce of kit they have there.

though now they have more foreign workers, their sups are ex-apprentice also and they'll be there to solve more complex issues. wah lan, i like becoming their spokesperson.

Guest machineoperator

Hi there everyone,

I am actually thinking of getting a used W204. Besides the folding mirror and alignment problems, what other things should I be particular with when choosing the car ? Just dun want to buy a lemon and spending fortune in getting it fixed..... Thanks

Guest kepiting1sg

machineoperator wrote:

Hi there everyone,

I am actually thinking of getting a used W204. Besides the folding mirror and alignment problems, what other things should I be particular with when choosing the car ? Just dun want to buy a lemon and spending fortune in getting it fixed..... Thanks

IMHO,

Generally a non-problematic car though some "small issues" does happened in some of the rides. Not heard of any big lemon or major issues so far.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest heavenknows

Start of school holidays.. finally got chance to send my ride in to look into the "whirrrrr" noise coming from the engine. The noise has gotten worse over time and it is so bad that my girls tell me they can hear me coming home when I drive into the estate!! Mine is a small estate and we live just on the 3rd floor... but still, my neighbour's Hyundai Matrix is quieter!!

Apparently, the "whirrrrrr" is coming from the Kompressor!! So C&C is getting it changed. Thank God still under warranty... otherwise burn a big hole and eat grass for next few months.

They still haven't look into the knocking sound when I turn the steering when reversing.

Sianz... my car is in MBC for next two days!

Mark_twain88 wrote:

My previous ride (W204) has similar problem of the squeaking sound in the morning when the mirror is unfolded. Sent for servicing at C&C and problem will come back again after just 2-3 weeks. Think it is a common problem with the hinges of mercs folding mirrors?

My new W212 (only 3 weeks old!) is starting to have this problem... squeaking sound happened once 2 days ago in the morning... but no sound again for the past 2 days so cannot bring the car down to show C&C.

As for the other 2 problem listed, never encounter them.

Cheers,

Mark

my C200 CGI though 2 weeks only also having the same prob however mine is when i lock the car and it happens on and off so cant send it to C&C to show them =(

barker wrote:

my C200 CGI though 2 weeks only also having the same prob however mine is when i lock the car and it happens on and off so cant send it to C&C to show them =(

Bro, just send back as it's still very new. I sent back when i discovered it and they fixed it for me when i did my sealant.

Guest xtrocious

heavenknows wrote:

Start of school holidays.. finally got chance to send my ride in to look into the "whirrrrr" noise coming from the engine. The noise has gotten worse over time and it is so bad that my girls tell me they can hear me coming home when I drive into the estate!! Mine is a small estate and we live just on the 3rd floor... but still, my neighbour's Hyundai Matrix is quieter!!

Apparently, the "whirrrrrr" is coming from the Kompressor!! So C&C is getting it changed. Thank God still under warranty... otherwise burn a big hole and eat grass for next few months.

They still haven't look into the knocking sound when I turn the steering when reversing.

Sianz... my car is in MBC for next two days!

The whirling sound from the kompressor can get it done meh?

Mine also have - quite loud in the morning when I start up the car...my CO likens it to a plane propellor starting up...sianz

Let us know how it went in your case :)

Anyway, I also have the intermittent whirling sound from my driver side mirror - realised that it is still trying to fold the mirror when it is already fully folded...

But it's intermittent so hard to replicate on demand...double sianz

Guest heavenknows

xtrocious wrote:

Mine also have - quite loud in the morning when I start up the car...my CO likens it to a plane propellor starting up...sianz

Anyway, I also have the intermittent whirling sound from my driver side mirror - realised that it is still trying to fold the mirror when it is already fully folded...

Haha...so so... pai-seh! I have to correct myself. When they told me its the kompressor, they meant it to be the air-con compressor. Not the super-charger kompressor. Well, the work still took 2 days! Can't believe it takes 2 days to change a air-con compressor.

All done.. now it is all fine and back to the quiet car it should be.

The side mirror noise. Seems like very common. They just have to open up the thing and give it a good greasing. After that it is fine. But it may come back again after a while.

Guest bull_terrier

heavenknows wrote:

Haha...so so... pai-seh! I have to correct myself. When they told me its the kompressor, they meant it to be the air-con compressor. Not the super-charger kompressor. Well, the work still took 2 days! Can't believe it takes 2 days to change a air-con compressor.

All done.. now it is all fine and back to the quiet car it should be.

The side mirror noise. Seems like very common. They just have to open up the thing and give it a good greasing. After that it is fine. But it may come back again after a while.

Mine changed air-con compressor recently as well after 2 years! Seems not only mine.

xtrocious wrote:

Coldstart noise is normal mah

Cerano wrote:

Coldstart noise is normal mah

bro cerano...

if the whirling sound also happens in the afternoon after 3-4hrs of the engine is off? wld that be normal too or fall under cold start?

ricnas wrote:

bro cerano...

if the whirling sound also happens in the afternoon after 3-4hrs of the engine is off? wld that be normal too or fall under cold start?

nope definitely not normal bro...

pai seh i was referring to the cold start noise mentioned above

io5885 wrote:

any brothers experience a foul smell in the car when u do high rev n hit ard 130-140km/h? :sad:

Hi Bro.. I have this problem as well C180(W204)..smell like some rubber burn smell,only when i go on high speed..like yours indicated around 130 to 140kmh..i may send back C&C to check!!!...

cwk wrote:

Hi Bro.. I have this problem as well C180(W204)..smell like some rubber burn smell,only when i go on high speed..like yours indicated around 130 to 140kmh..i may send back C&C to check!!!...

Yo bro,

do keep us posted on any findings if u do send ur ride back to C&C.

for now, opening ur a/c ventilation does help a bit when u get the smell again but do take note of any exhaust of the car in front of u esp at the traffic lights..

Cheers!! :thumb: