• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

Guest lightning

symphony wrote:

Bro, I didn't go KPKB....I just ask the service adviser to see for himself.....:becky:

haha...good for you then...no need to KPKB and they change it for you...maybe deep down they already aware of the problem. i know of some bros need to bang table in order to draw their attention and do something about their complaints...

as for my case...the SE pushed the blame to me ...all becoz i sent my car for paint protection and they must have removed the blue paint from my emblem...what a way to shed his responsibility for something less than $18.00 :tsk:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest symphony

Yes, the service adviser ackonwledged that this is not uncommon...I wonder how come those emblem on the Vitto avn don't have this problem....

pc wrote:

have the same problem of "tok-tok" sound when reversing with steering turned, when to C&C and they tightened 2 screws.. no more sound so far but still monitoring..

Hey Bro,

Sounds like the same problem I have and they are unable to fix it. Mind describing where is the problem and how did they fix it? Thanks !

Guest lightning

relagsingh wrote:

guess i'm going MBC to pay them a visit soon.

btw bro, i was shocked to see yr emblem. all silver???

ya lor...i also cannot understand...anyway i m still keeping the "all silver" emblem as souvenir...:Cry:

Guest io5885

kar wrote:

Hey Bro,

Sounds like the same problem I have and they are unable to fix it. Mind describing where is the problem and how did they fix it? Thanks !

the tok tok sound, for my case, can be heard when i turn my steering over humps and esp in multistorey carparks. i realised C&C has placed cushioning btw my bonnet and the car body. The sound has 'disappeared' since then.

i got it fixed at pandan loop svc ctr.

Good luck!!

Guest Zincer

relagsingh wrote:

One problem so far for me. *touchwood*

the blue enamel paint peeled off from my hood emblem! WTF??:shocked:

Hi guys, kinda new here. Just Got my car few weeks ago, didn't notice the sound mentioned by others. Had the saMe problem blue enamel paint peeled off from my hood (now half blue half silver) and the other problem I had is the solar film on one of the windows not properly done.

Guest blackmercs

symphony wrote:

Seems that quite a numbers of owners having the same problems, wonder is it generic? C&C, are you browsing this forum as well...???

Even these jokers are here their standard reply will be "this is batch problem". They will swear that if u get e lastest W204 will not hv this issue at all.

kar wrote:

Hey Bro,

they just told me tightened 2 screws and no report given !!? still monitoring....

Guest heavenknows

I made an appointment at Eunos to look into the 2 issues:

1. The "whirrrrr" sound when accelerating.

2. The "tok-tok" sound when turning steering wheel and reversing.

Went first thing this morning at 8:30am and was told I have to leave the car there for 2 days!! I can't afford to leave the car there for 2 days so decided to plan and arrange for another day.

I think they are super conservative. Can't imagine why it takes 2 days to diagnose and solve the problem!!

pc wrote:

they just told me tightened 2 screws and no report given !!? still monitoring....

Thanks. Been to both Pandan and Alexandra previously. And I left my car there for a good number of days. However, they still cannot resolve it...

Guest MBC200

Hi

did c&c resolved the"whirrrr" sound cos mine started to have the sound when accelerate?? If yes what the cause of the sound? I will be sending in my ride next week so just to make sure the mechanic know what to look out for. Thx

heavenknows wrote:

I made an appointment at Eunos to look into the 2 issues:

1. The "whirrrrr" sound when accelerating.

2. The "tok-tok" sound when turning steering wheel and reversing.

Went first thing this morning at 8:30am and was told I have to leave the car there for 2 days!! I can't afford to leave the car there for 2 days so decided to plan and arrange for another day.

I think they are super conservative. Can't imagine why it takes 2 days to diagnose and solve the problem!!

Guest heavenknows

MBC200 wrote:

Hi

did c&c resolved the"whirrrr" sound cos mine started to have the sound when accelerate?? If yes what the cause of the sound? I will be sending in my ride next week so just to make sure the mechanic know what to look out for. Thx

Hi, hi!

I've not had time to go back to C&C. They told me need to allocate 2 days, leh. SO got to wait for either school holidays or when I go for biz trip. Can't afford to leave the car there for 2 days.

So you sending the car in next week? Do keep us posted here what is the resolution. :)

Guest xtrocious

MBC200 wrote:

Hi

The "whirrr" sound - could it be due to the supercharger or turbo kicking in?

In my previous TC car, there is a distinct "hair dryer" sound when the turbo kicked in around 2.5k RPM

For my current C200, it sounds a bit like an aircraft taking off and not just during acceleration (cold starts also will have this sound)...

Guest cisconet

Just some updates to share with you guys...

Took back my car on 2nd July from UBI Service Centre after been complained on the side mirror, driver side window rattling noise and when car is rev to 4-5k when over take burning smeel comes out from AirCon. After driving out that evening, PROBLEMS appear AGAIN!! Side Mirror problem so far no problem, rattling noise still comes back and now NEW PROBLEM... Air-Con Recirculation doesn't work. I ON or OFF the Air Recirculation, the outside air still comes in. When i bring back to C&C Ubi the next day which is a Sat, they check and says the flap does close when Air Recirculation is ON. And they say they can't check further as only the German man could check and ask me to come back on Monday... damm piss off.. for the entire weekend, it is raining and I had to shut all windows..

Monday, I drove to C&C MBC to bang table and ask for to see the service director... was told he is in meeting and being directed to the Customer Service Manager - Anges Poh.. luckily she is patient enough to help my sorrows and helped me to have a quickie check on my Air-Con Recirculation problem. After 2hrs of check, I was told the Flap was open that's why the Outside air went in, and after much re-pgrogramming, it is working, as for the rattling noise, she will arrange for a courtesy car on Wed.

After much ding tong, collected my car last friday, and those complained problems seems to be gone..

Now, i had observed that when the car stationary for some time, say a night and next morning when you move off from your stationary position, turn your steering extreme right then extreme left, you will hear a "Tok" sound. Is this normal? After this time, throughout the day, it is ok, no sound.. its always the first thiing the morning.

Pls advise bro.. thanks!

Guest MBC200

cisconet wrote:

Just some updates to share with you guys...

Took back my car on 2nd July from UBI Service Centre after been complained on the side mirror, driver side window rattling noise and when car is rev to 4-5k when over take burning smeel comes out from AirCon. After driving out that evening, PROBLEMS appear AGAIN!! Side Mirror problem so far no problem, rattling noise still comes back and now NEW PROBLEM... Air-Con Recirculation doesn't work. I ON or OFF the Air Recirculation, the outside air still comes in. When i bring back to C&C Ubi the next day which is a Sat, they check and says the flap does close when Air Recirculation is ON. And they say they can't check further as only the German man could check and ask me to come back on Monday... damm piss off.. for the entire weekend, it is raining and I had to shut all windows..

Monday, I drove to C&C MBC to bang table and ask for to see the service director... was told he is in meeting and being directed to the Customer Service Manager - Anges Poh.. luckily she is patient enough to help my sorrows and helped me to have a quickie check on my Air-Con Recirculation problem. After 2hrs of check, I was told the Flap was open that's why the Outside air went in, and after much re-pgrogramming, it is working, as for the rattling noise, she will arrange for a courtesy car on Wed.

After much ding tong, collected my car last friday, and those complained problems seems to be gone..

Now, i had observed that when the car stationary for some time, say a night and next morning when you move off from your stationary position, turn your steering extreme right then extreme left, you will hear a "Tok" sound. Is this normal? After this time, throughout the day, it is ok, no sound.. its always the first thiing the morning.

Pls advise bro.. thanks!

Hi

Did they tell you what the fault that causes the rattling noise? I am sending mine in on wed to Ubi svc centre so want them to get it fix within 1 day and not waste my time again...

Guest s7923504j

Hi all,

I own a 08' W204 180 Kompressor and my engine fail to start. My foot brake was depressed and no releasing and the steering wheel since to have locked.

Try to troubleshoot with the battery flat in mind and have arranged a jamp start. The engine still fail to kick start with the donator battery.

Did anyone have the same exprience?

It show no warning indicator since I off the engine the last time and it have service me very well all this while.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pumper

I have been driving my W204 for 2 weeks...but realised that the car tends to skew/ drift left and the prob has been getting more and more evident, esp when driving in the wet. Damn sianz...quickly called my SE to book a date so I can send in the car to have it check up.

My guess is a tyre alignment issue. Anyone else having the same prob?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest archie

yes mine too. driving W204 08. ask the SE to send the car to STA to chk, he say the STA guy said that alignment on these cars are not balance by default. I dun beif wat they said so now i am arranging to send my car in to check wif CnC.

Guest blackknight

archie wrote:

yes mine too. driving W204 08. ask the SE to send the car to STA to chk, he say the STA guy said that alignment on these cars are not balance by default. I dun beif wat they said so now i am arranging to send my car in to check wif CnC.

who is this SE? Bull! Ask them to provide you with a report black and white lor

Guest blackmercs

archie wrote:

Haha no need c&c, just go to reputable workshop that comes with alignment machine to a check for u, damage est $100 or less. Jurong Stamford tyres is not too bad for alignment inspection. Btw did u change new set of tyres recently like within 6 months ago?