• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

Guest NewC180

MrsGoh wrote:

Well, its probably not Mr and Mrs. Its Master and Miss....

anyway, its a sep 10 C180 CGI.

Wonder if that's the reason that they have a new C class now?

Good answer to a good question! You very the clever leh!

MrsGoh wrote:

Yes, tok tok tok TOK TOK TOK.... Anyway, got my car back le. Hopefully it's resolved.

Oh yes, anyone has issues with battery being drained off? My car couldn't start for a few times. Even the courtesy car needed to jumpstart! And they can say it's not a problem.....

Never had those problems wif my jap cars before...

Less than 1 year old car so many problems, hope yours is really a rare case. Else Marserlee must close shop lio! We were lucky, didn't have any issues with our car for the 2.5 years that we've spent with it.

Hope issues can be resolved soon, good luck!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mile

Folding mirrors noise.... to me not an issue as it didnt really irk me.

The other problems,... i am really surprised. Did mrs goh mod the car? like add LED lights, subwoofer, amplifier,... etc? Or its simply the problem of C+C not connecting the alternator properly hence the battery was not charging at all?

My wife's A class had her rear wipers replaced (and i paid for it) but could not use the windshield washer because C+C didnt connect the hoses... these things happen in their workshop. We were so furious because we paid for services which was not done properly the first time and we had to go down a second time to get it done at our own time and inconvenience. I insist they give me a replacement car because i am not going to go without one for their mistake.

Some cock and bull story about they dont have E class courtesy car to give us so we had to wait. I told them to give me their Vito.... in the end they give us a C class for 2 days.

When we got back the car this time, it was like new.... they did up everything.

Now it makes me wonder if every time we send in for service, all they did were drain and refill the engine oil...... all these could have been done the first time when it was sent for servicing.

Guess they need to send their staff for training to understand what the word "quality service" mean. To get it right the first time, everytime.

Guest MrsGoh

blackmercs wrote:

So many issues?? Sell it away & get the new FL ba.

thinking very hard..... as soon as my printer is working, i'll sell it away and buy others lo..... hee hee

Guest MrsGoh

NewC180 wrote:

Good answer to a good question! You very the clever leh!

Less than 1 year old car so many problems, hope yours is really a rare case. Else Marserlee must close shop lio! We were lucky, didn't have any issues with our car for the 2.5 years that we've spent with it.

Hope issues can be resolved soon, good luck!

Thank you very the much!

ya, car so new, so many problems, you know how pek chek lo.....

hopefully from now on, no more le.....

Guest MrsGoh

mile wrote:

Folding mirrors noise.... to me not an issue as it didnt really irk me.

The other problems,... i am really surprised. Did mrs goh mod the car? like add LED lights, subwoofer, amplifier,... etc? Or its simply the problem of C+C not connecting the alternator properly hence the battery was not charging at all?

My wife's A class had her rear wipers replaced (and i paid for it) but could not use the windshield washer because C+C didnt connect the hoses... these things happen in their workshop. We were so furious because we paid for services which was not done properly the first time and we had to go down a second time to get it done at our own time and inconvenience. I insist they give me a replacement car because i am not going to go without one for their mistake.

Some cock and bull story about they dont have E class courtesy car to give us so we had to wait. I told them to give me their Vito.... in the end they give us a C class for 2 days.

When we got back the car this time, it was like new.... they did up everything.

Now it makes me wonder if every time we send in for service, all they did were drain and refill the engine oil...... all these could have been done the first time when it was sent for servicing.

Guess they need to send their staff for training to understand what the word "quality service" mean. To get it right the first time, everytime.

we did do something la, fitted ICE. so seeNsee blamed it on the ICE. but the courtesy car, no mod de wor, still cannot start. i conclude, its a manufacturing fault??

those guys at seeNsee needs ppl to go and wake them up de. if not they too relax and anyhow do.... i had to make a lot of noise before some stuff gets acknowledged and done....

Guest jtang

MrsGoh wrote:

Yes, tok tok tok TOK TOK TOK.... Anyway, got my car back le. Hopefully it's resolved.

Oh yes, anyone has issues with battery being drained off? My car couldn't start for a few times. Even the courtesy car needed to jumpstart! And they can say it's not a problem.....

Never had those problems wif my jap cars before...

I had the same problem last week. Had to jump start using my other car. Called CnC mobile support service, the fella came armed with some super duper diagnostic computer that printed out "batt weak". I thot that's good & will get replacement under warranty since my car is only 1yr old, but was surprised when he said "batt is weak but can still start the motor, no need to change yet". I was like "WTF?". He even showed me a previous job that printed out "change batt", only with this 'computer's authority' is he allowed to change my batt. Moral of the story is don't jump start the car if you want to replace the batt with this service under warranty.

Btw, I didn't want to risk being stuck somewhere so I changed it at my own expense. When I saw the original Varta batt rated as 60 Amp, it all made sense. This tiny batt is simply insufficient for the heavy electronics in our W204. I opted for the bigger 75 Amp, the car immediately felt lively & responsive. The crank taken to start the car is half the time, the power steering is lighter, & the car seems to have another 10bhp. Amazing! Better than any mod by tuning.:bounce:

Guest kepiting1sg

Next time before U call CnC to change battery under warranty claims make sure your battery is not half dead that it can start your car but ensure it's FULLY DEAD....hahaha!

To ensure, it's FULLY DEAD, go & further drain the battery to way below 10V or lower.

For a normal Lead Acid battery be it maintenance free or not, when the battery capacity is fully depleted is about 10V open circuit voltage. If U further drain that battery, to say 8V or below, it means it has gone through "deep discharge".

Battery in this condition will be considered kaput and if U charge it up not likely it gonna retain the charges and consider brain dead.....If it's on it's last breadth choke it to make sure it dies.....EUTHANASIA....hahaha! :lol:

"First to Varta I mean Bata, then to school!" :becky:

Guest jtang

kepiting1sg wrote:

Next time before U call CnC to change battery under warranty claims make sure your battery is not half dead that it can start your car but ensure it's FULLY DEAD....hahaha!

To ensure, it's FULLY DEAD, go & further drain the battery to way below 10V or lower.

For a normal Lead Acid battery be it maintenance free or not, when the battery capacity is fully depleted is about 10V open circuit voltage. If U further drain that battery, to say 8V or below, it means it has gone through "deep discharge".

Battery in this condition will be considered kaput and if U charge it up not likely it gonna retain the charges and consider brain dead.....If it's on it's last breadth choke it to make sure it dies.....EUTHANASIA....hahaha! :lol:

"First to Varta I mean Bata, then to school!" :becky:

We should have a "like" button like facebook for me to click.:becky:

Guest achuafc

jtang wrote:

When I saw the original Varta batt rated as 60 Amp, it all made sense. This tiny batt is simply insufficient for the heavy electronics in our W204. I opted for the bigger 75 Amp, the car immediately felt lively & responsive. :

Doc, is the original of 60Amp and the bigger 75Amp of the same size?

Was any settings in the car lost while the battery got replaced?

I would rather change my battery at regular intervals than to lose those previous time for roadside assistance :Cry:

Guest jtang

achuafc wrote:

Doc, is the original of 60Amp and the bigger 75Amp of the same size?

Was any settings in the car lost while the battery got replaced?

I would rather change my battery at regular intervals than to lose those previous time for roadside assistance :Cry:

75 amp is slightly bigger for the Varta batt. IMO, the space there allow up to 85amp Varta batt but a bit of a squeeze. No lost of settings as the batt was changed with the engine running. If not, you should tell them to hook it up to a 3rd batt before disconnecting.

Mrs Goh, is your 100amp batt a non Varta brand as it's impossible to fit that one in that space.

Guest MrsGoh

jtang wrote:

75 amp is slightly bigger for the Varta batt. IMO, the space there allow up to 85amp Varta batt but a bit of a squeeze. No lost of settings as the batt was changed with the engine running. If not, you should tell them to hook it up to a 3rd batt before disconnecting.

Mrs Goh, is your 100amp batt a non Varta brand as it's impossible to fit that one in that space.

Ha ha..... Yes, non varta. Mr Goh say varta Cmi wor....

• 8 months later...

Hi

My 2008 C180K passenger door lock is not locking after I pressed the central lock.

Any reliable workshop to recommend to fix this?

Can Star black fix this?

Appreciate some advises. Thanks.

Guest blackmercs
Hi

My 2008 C180K passenger door lock is not locking after I pressed the central lock.

Can Star black fix this?

Is the malfunction of the solenoid, most workshop can do it.

Guest blackmercs
Hi

Can Star black fix this?

Is the malfunction of the solenoid, most of the workshop can do it.

• 1 month later...

Need urgent help

My w204 yr 2008 failed me last night.

My car was parked for 2 hours during my appointment and when I came back to my ride,

I managed to unlock the car doors using my remote

But when I insert my key into the ignition only the circular display lit up

When i tried to turn the key, it had no response at all

My gear was not able to be shifted from P.

I called for help and the workshop sent their mechanics to my car but the mechanic

Said that my battery is still very strong, he said something is wrong with the key sensor in the ignition.

I will be going back to my car with my spare keys tomorrow morning to try my luck (praying hard it would work)

Meanwhile anyone has any advise on what I should or can do now? Or anyone here who has previously encountered this befor?

Need urgent help

My w204 yr 2008 failed me last night.

My car was parked for 2 hours during my appointment and when I came back to my ride,

I managed to unlock the car doors using my remote

But when I insert my key into the ignition only the circular display lit up

When i tried to turn the key, it had no response at all

My gear was not able to be shifted from P.

I called for help and the workshop sent their mechanics to my car but the mechanic

Said that my battery is still very strong, he said something is wrong with the key sensor in the ignition.

I will be going back to my car with my spare keys tomorrow morning to try my luck (praying hard it would work)

Meanwhile anyone has any advise on what I should or can do now? Or anyone here who has previously encountered this befor?

Sounds like Green key issue!! Do a search there is one member having the same problem previously.

• 3 years later...

Good day brothers and sis over here.

Did anyone resolve e issue on cold start? Noisy engine sound

I'm driving a w204 2009 kompressor

Every morning when start up my engine . Can heard e engine is very loud . Sound like rubbing sound .. Can feel the whole car is shaking , but thereafter I switch off my engine and restart again. It will back to normal .

Wondering any gurus here encounter e same issue

Had ask for a lot of workshop advise ..Till now I can't resolve this problem.

Hmm..

Good day brothers and sis over here.

Did anyone resolve e issue on cold start? Noisy engine sound

I'm driving a w204 2009 kompressor

Every morning when start up my engine . Can heard e engine is very loud . Sound like rubbing sound .. Can feel the whole car is shaking , but thereafter I switch off my engine and restart again. It will back to normal .

Wondering any gurus here encounter e same issue

Had ask for a lot of workshop advise ..Till now I can't resolve this problem.

Hmm..

U may want to try chip soon at Tampines?