• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

Guest cisconet

Hi all W204 Bros here,

Just wondering if your W204 ride does have the following problem;

1. Every morning when you open your door and when your mirror auto unfold, does it create any unusual noise like motor?

2. Does your driver sit door produce soft rattling sound when you go on those uneven road or slope? (Like Wire inside loose and hit on the metal surface kind of noise

3. When you rev your Engine to around 4-5k, does your Air Con produce those ammonia smell?

For my case, I had went back to C&C a few times to rectify Item 1 & 2, and now it comes back again.

Today I bring back to C&C and spoken to one of the SA in Eunos Link, he told me Item 3 is normal and "it is like this". Is it true??

So i ask him to check on Item 1-3 and how long it takes, he says minimum 2 days and i ask him if there is any courtesy car to loan and he replied "Now our Service Mgmt had changed, new policy" to have a courtesy, will have to wait for 2-3 months. WTF!! Repeated problem due to manufacturer fault, i still have to wait for 2-3 months for courtesy car. Damm Jialat man!! Gotta complain straight up to the top. Sigh..

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoshL

Hi,

My own experience below in blue:

cisconet wrote:

Hi all W204 Bros here,

1. Every morning when you open your door and when your mirror auto unfold, does it create any unusual noise like motor?

Yes

2. Does your driver sit door produce soft rattling sound when you go on those uneven road or slope? (Like Wire inside loose and hit on the metal surface kind of noise

No

3. When you rev your Engine to around 4-5k, does your Air Con produce those ammonia smell?

Didn't notice.

For my case, I had went back to C&C a few times to rectify Item 1 & 2, and now it comes back again.

Today I bring back to C&C and spoken to one of the SA in Eunos Link, he told me Item 3 is normal and "it is like this". Is it true??

So i ask him to check on Item 1-3 and how long it takes, he says minimum 2 days and i ask him if there is any courtesy car to loan and he replied "Now our Service Mgmt had changed, new policy" to have a courtesy, will have to wait for 2-3 months. WTF!! Repeated problem due to manufacturer fault, i still have to wait for 2-3 months for courtesy car. Damm Jialat man!! Gotta complain straight up to the top. Sigh..

Guest Cerano

cisconet wrote:

Hi all W204 Bros here,

no.3 is not normal....

no.1 is but no.2 is not

Mine got all 3 above and many more problem then this......

Compare a 3 year old W203 with a W204....

W203 win in most of the thing especially the comfort.

W204 win.....New model New look......

That's why i sold mine..

No comfort can be found in W204

Guest ricnas

9339 wrote:

Mine got all 3 above and many more problem then this......

Compare a 3 year old W203 with a W204....

W203 win in most of the thing especially the comfort.

W204 win.....New model New look......

That's why i sold mine..

No comfort can be found in W204

dun scare me lei bro.. my w204 a few days old only...

but i have similar problem as no. 2, hump or slope or cornering will have this soft "tok" sound, but like coming from the boot (there's nothing in the boot yet) or rear wheels.

Guest MBC200

I have pblm No. 1 and my mechanic told me something wrong with the auto locking system not the side mirror..

I have another problem which is a tick tick sound when I steer my steering recently after c&c replace the steering sensor..

Guest Mark_twain88

My previous ride (W204) has similar problem of the squeaking sound in the morning when the mirror is unfolded. Sent for servicing at C&C and problem will come back again after just 2-3 weeks. Think it is a common problem with the hinges of mercs folding mirrors?

My new W212 (only 3 weeks old!) is starting to have this problem... squeaking sound happened once 2 days ago in the morning... but no sound again for the past 2 days so cannot bring the car down to show C&C.

As for the other 2 problem listed, never encounter them.

Cheers,

Mark

Guest cisconet

Just went to Pandan to bang table and spoken to the Customer Assist personnel, was told that they will check the case and revert.

Sigh... I do not mind they repair but as least give me a courtesy car to tong for the few days..

cisconet wrote:

Just went to Pandan to bang table and spoken to the Customer Assist personnel, was told that they will check the case and revert.

Sigh... I do not mind they repair but as least give me a courtesy car to tong for the few days..

Bro, you might want to call Simon (sy69u), get his 'BEST' SE to handle this, he always got courtesy car from his SE.

Guest io5885

Hi cisconet,

i used to encounter the faint 'tok tok' sound ard the A-pillar on the driver side, esp up n down multistorey carpark & at times over humps n uneven roads.

Sent in pandan svc ctr twice. initial inspection with technician in the car (drove him to teban multistorey CP) is loose clips in the A-pillar. next call from SA says its due to suspension and later finalised, saying its due to hinges at the bonnet.

since then, no more such sound.

let me know if u need to know who is the SA n the technician to get them help solve ur problem.

Cheers!!

1. Every morning when you open your door and when your mirror auto unfold, does it create any unusual noise like motor? Yes.

2. Does your driver sit door produce soft rattling sound when you go on those uneven road or slope? (Like Wire inside loose and hit on the metal surface kind of noise) My issue is 'tuck , tuck' noise that seems to come from left and right pillars (A & B?)

3. When you rev your Engine to around 4-5k, does your Air Con produce those ammonia smell? No

Your SE needs to help escalate else u will wait for a long time for courtesy car

By the way, i have gone to Svc Ctr a total of five times for these and undercarriage noise but they have not been fully resolved ...

Guest Clear Vision

Hi guys, need some advice pls:

Drive a C180 BE since June 2009, having a "pulling left" issue, went back C&C once and test drive with SA but they said "within tolerance" - Nothing done.

During 1st service Mar 2010, they again said same thing.

Now "pulling left" getting worse n worse, so today decided to go for a outside company to have it diagonose with computer alignment. They confirm Front right wheel is "too toe in" and Front Left "too right angle". They even show me with a bubble level gauge, and suggested me to go back C&C to change camber pin to rectify above.

Just call and make booking at C&C and again they said road not flat, for rain water drainage purposes etc.....

My Question: So HOW should i approached and insisted they change the camber pin for me?

I hv the diagnose report from outside company, its good enough?

Any bro any advice pls. Thanks

Guest cisconet

Just to update all bros here.. Called the Customer Service Assistance on Wed, was told that they will investigate the case and revert on the same day or latest next business day. Waited till today Fri still no news, so called them instead and looked for the same person whom I spoke to. Power lei, he seems to have forgotten all about it. Damm pissed off, asked him what is the status, and he says he will check and revert in a short while.

Soon after call return, expected answer, "Sorry sir, Have checked with the SA, the courtesy car is all fully booked so no choice have to wait 2-3 months"..

Damm hot and pissed, replied him back kindly pls get your Mgmt to call me, I dun wish to waste my time talking to you. Soon after he called again, this time round, he replied " I had checked with our Service Mgmt, we will arranged a courtesy car for you and will be ready by Wed".

From this whole situation, I can see they are just pushing me to delay the whole problem and always passing the problem as "it's like this" or "it's normal" just to brush off you.

Damm piss off with their service attitude.

To those who are still or have to return to cycle due to warranty, my advice is to press hard and insist on your stand. Never let them go with just their "it's normal" or "it's like this"

cisconet wrote:

Just to update all bros here.. Called the Customer Service Assistance on Wed, was told that they will investigate the case and revert on the same day or latest next business day. Waited till today Fri still no news, so called them instead and looked for the same person whom I spoke to. Power lei, he seems to have forgotten all about it. Damm pissed off, asked him what is the status, and he says he will check and revert in a short while.

Soon after call return, expected answer, "Sorry sir, Have checked with the SA, the courtesy car is all fully booked so no choice have to wait 2-3 months"..

Damm hot and pissed, replied him back kindly pls get your Mgmt to call me, I dun wish to waste my time talking to you. Soon after he called again, this time round, he replied " I had checked with our Service Mgmt, we will arranged a courtesy car for you and will be ready by Wed".

From this whole situation, I can see they are just pushing me to delay the whole problem and always passing the problem as "it's like this" or "it's normal" just to brush off you.

Damm piss off with their service attitude.

To those who are still or have to return to cycle due to warranty, my advice is to press hard and insist on your stand. Never let them go with just their "it's normal" or "it's like this"

Tell them is normal for angry / piss off / TL owner to turn to see what "media power" can do.Newspaper got not much local news lately...with the COE shooting north, media will be interested to report a issue on "Luxury Car"

Guest xtrem

Clear Vision wrote:

Drive a C180 BE since June 2009, having a "pulling left" issue, went back C&C once and test drive with SA but they said "within tolerance" - Nothing done.

Now "pulling left" getting worse n worse, so today decided to go for a outside company to have it diagonose with computer alignment. They confirm Front right wheel is "too toe in" and Front Left "too right angle". They even show me with a bubble level gauge, and suggested me to go back C&C to change camber pin to rectify above.

Just call and make booking at C&C and again they said road not flat, for rain water drainage purposes etc.....

My Question: So HOW should i approached and insisted they change the camber pin for me?

when to my first servicing last week, they say the same thing CERTAIN ROAD NOT EVEN, design for the drainage purpose, thats why certain road the car will pull to the left, is common. Like Germany Autoban Highway.

But they change for me the front right absorber & spring after i insisted the problem everytime i drive over a hump,especially multistorey carpark like one of our bro mention here.

Guest xtrem

Clear Vision wrote:

io5885 wrote:

Hi cisconet,

i used to encounter the faint 'tok tok' sound ard the A-pillar on the driver side, esp up n down multistorey carpark & at times over humps n uneven roads.

Sent in pandan svc ctr twice. initial inspection with technician in the car (drove him to teban multistorey CP) is loose clips in the A-pillar. next call from SA says its due to suspension and later finalised, saying its due to hinges at the bonnet.

since then, no more such sound.

let me know if u need to know who is the SA n the technician to get them help solve ur problem.

Cheers!!

Comfirm your front absorber spoil liao, my have the same problem everybit you mention here, got it change after a few drama during my first servicing last week. Bro, follow your heart, demand them to change if you cannot stand the TOK TOK sound, otherwise, if you can live with it, just forget about it......take my words.

Guest xtrocious

Mark_twain88 wrote:

My previous ride (W204) has similar problem of the squeaking sound in the morning when the mirror is unfolded. Sent for servicing at C&C and problem will come back again after just 2-3 weeks. Think it is a common problem with the hinges of mercs folding mirrors?

My new W212 (only 3 weeks old!) is starting to have this problem... squeaking sound happened once 2 days ago in the morning... but no sound again for the past 2 days so cannot bring the car down to show C&C.

As for the other 2 problem listed, never encounter them.

Cheers,

Mark

Squeaking sound?

I had that too when I first got my W204 - later the SA told me it was due to the parking brakes being new...

True enough, the sound went away after a while...

Guest Mark_twain88

I don't think you have a similar experience. How to have squeaking sound on the parking brakes, when the car has not even moved and engine not even started?

The squeaking sound comes from the folding mirror, and it happens sometimes when you open the door in the morning and the mirror automatically unfolds...

Cheers,

Mark

xtrocious wrote:

Squeaking sound?

I had that too when I first got my W204 - later the SA told me it was due to the parking brakes being new...

True enough, the sound went away after a while...

Guest heavenknows

I've got problem 1, and 2.

#1. initially C&C told me that they oiled the hinges and motor. Then next servicing, they told me the changed the motor under warranty. Problem was resolved but still came back after a few weeks.

#2. For me, this sounds like the driver side window not tight. If I wind down the window just a little and wind it back up again, the sounds goes away. C&C told me it is very hard to detect as the problem is intermittent. ... sianz!!

For #3, did not notice. Cos seldom rev up that high!! :P

I got 2 more issues recently.

A "whirrrr" sound when I accelerate. It is really irritating.

Next, I got a "tok-tok" sound when I reverse and turn the steering to the left. Perhaps this is a steering shaft problem??

I've not gone back to C&C yet.

have the same problem of "tok-tok" sound when reversing with steering turned, when to C&C and they tightened 2 screws.. no more sound so far but still monitoring..

Guest heavenknows

pc wrote:

have the same problem of "tok-tok" sound when reversing with steering turned, when to C&C and they tightened 2 screws.. no more sound so far but still monitoring..

Hey, Bro. Thanks for the tip. Will take note. :)

Guest xtrocious

Mark_twain88 wrote:

I don't think you have a similar experience. How to have squeaking sound on the parking brakes, when the car has not even moved and engine not even started?

The squeaking sound comes from the folding mirror, and it happens sometimes when you open the door in the morning and the mirror automatically unfolds...

Cheers,

Mark

Paiseh - yes, it's a different problem (didn't read properly)...hahah

My squeaking noise was when we got into or out of the car - push down on the car and it will squeak...