• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 bodykits

Guest angela

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest richardtaysh

Is this what you had order ?

DSC_0384S1.jpg

DSC_0416S1.jpg

yes yes..... He sent me these pics as well.

My kit arrived liao!!

Went Lye Design for quote. $300-500 for installation (without wiring) and $850 for spray painting @ Phua (next door).

(Known for their good workmanship.....but quite expensive leh)

**** Anyone have lobang for workshop installation & spray painting? ****

Damage to date: S$2,800 for kit & seafreight S$650 for custom clearance. (Potentially another S$1,300 for install n spray painting!)

Guest LeeCH

My kit arrived liao!!

Went Lye Design for quote. $300-500 for installation (without wiring) and $850 for spray painting @ Phua (next door).

Damage to date: S$2,800 for kit & seafreight S$650 for custom clearance. (Potentially another S$1,300 for install n spray painting!)

Yes, Phua spray painting workshop is just opposite Lye Designs. I went there for a quotation three days ago for my rear bumper as it was badly hit by stone ships (rear bumper and I don't understand how and car is only a week old when discovered). $280 is a bit pricy but he told me bumper will be removed, sanded down and sprayed with european quality paint and a special clearcoat (as in conti makes) and oven baked. Whole process is 1.5 days. When I was there saw quite a few rival make cars there too. Including our own makes. So I guess must be quite good bah....but I have not return to do it yet....still thinking about it.

Guest NewC180

You guys might wanna check out SWC (Sim Wee Chuan) in Ubi, and Yew Lip in Sin Ming. Both shops are quite reputable in the bmw forums for their good workmanship. Pricing wise not that cheap though.

Guest zavhan

DSC_0384S1.jpg

DSC_0416S1.jpg

Bro out of curiosity, as I could not see frm the pics, does ur rear bumper come with the vent near the rear fender ? Coz the Orig wald do have a vent near the rear fender. Thank u in advance for clarification.

My kit arrived liao!!

Guest richardtaysh

DSC_0384S1.jpg

DSC_0416S1.jpg

Bro out of curiosity, as I could not see frm the pics, does ur rear bumper come with the vent near the rear fender ? Coz the Orig wald do have a vent near the rear fender. Thank u in advance for clarification.

My kit arrived liao!!

Yes yes....I think it does come with the rear vents. I can't check now as my kit is now with the workshop.

PM me your email address and I'll send u these pics.

• 2 months later...
Guest richardtaysh

Hi guys,

I've received a few PM on the cost of the bodykit and request for pics. Sorry folks....Kit not installed yet. Still work in progress.

Anyway, the damage:

Rounded: $2,800 for body kit $650 for seafreight & custom clearance, $460 for bodykit fitment and installation $800 for spray painting. ($4,710)

(Another set of cost for wiring. To be advised)

Freight & Custom Clearance: Yamato Transport

Installation: Lye Design

Spray Painting: Phua Painting

Anyway, installing this body kit is quite dramatic ah!!!

I had been trying to line an appointment with Lye design. Took me 1 1/2 month just becoz Lye design fix my schedule in the wrong month. When I am about to send for installation, I met with a car accident. After an eventful (and lousy time) with C&C...I've finally got my vehicle to Lye.

Lye had completed the fitting and the kit is now with Phua. Coz the body kit material is quite raw, Phua needs to set the primer before the kit is ready for installation.

Thereafter, i still need to send the kit to another vendor for the wiring works on the fog lights and rear brake lights.

(**Any of you guys have lobang/contacts for doing wiring works on MB???)

Ordering of kit and custom clearance. Quite easy. Some paperwork and coordination. (More cost effective if do bulk purchase.) I send my funds via TT. Vendor okay with western union as well.

Lye Design - Had not seen the final outcome but their craftsmanship is quite reputable. Kudos for that. However, the contact person that I liaise with is quite disappointing. She can't give me exact pricing, but quoted a range. Kept shifting my scheduled appointment later and later and later .... in the end, they proceed with the bodykit fitment without advising me on the exact pricing. When work was done, I was charged the highest of the range.

Phua Spray painting - heard their quality quite good also. They are kind enuff to store my bodykit with them for the past 2 months. So, no choice. stuck with them liao. No chance to negotiate the rate. gave me a $50 discount.

*I was quoted an all in rate of $900 by another vendor for installation+wiring+spray painting but decide to go ahead with a more trustworthy vendor. $600 (66%) premium.....Hmmmm... Maybe our forum folks here have better alternatives......

Guest richardtaysh

Make sure is the correct specification ya. PM me if u going for the installation, i wanna kapo.

cheers

Haha...paiseh. Did not jio you along. As you see, it was quite eventful for me. Haha!

Guest blackmercs

Make sure is the correct specification ya. PM me if u going for the installation, i wanna kapo.

cheers

Haha...paiseh. Did not jio you along. As you see, it was quite eventful for me. Haha!

haha no worries, i thought can help you out cum kapo abit here and there. lolz. Hope to see it in person during the next meetups.

cheers