• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Rims Offset

Guest melooi

Hi, anyone know if we can use other offset other than the ones given by the manufacturer? For example if the offset is 54, will there be problems if i use an offset that is 50, which is the closest i can find. Thanks.

:bounce:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toddy wrote:

for W168, the offset is F 54 and R 49. As for W169, i'm currently on 17" with F & R offset 49. this is about the max you can go.

What's F & R (forgive me)? I know W169 manual says 17" rims with offset 54. So u have an offset of 49, no problems so far?

I managed to find 17" Rims with offset of 50. Can be found in Singapore :). There is also a gallery u can view the rims on W169. Cool site.

http://www.borbet.co.uk/

Cklasse wrote:

No idea about this. I understand A-class rims are rather specified as far as the W168 is concerned.

Yah loh thats why very hard to get rim sfor W169. But i thnk 18" is easier nowadays. Since every car i see on the road has 18" recently. :Cry:

But 18" for W169 a little overkill. Have to change suspensions and all. A lot of $$$.

i'm having the original 17" from B class and i have lower my ride, running 215/45/17. F= front and R=rear. please do be careful as the screw size and screw tread of W169 is different from the C or E. if im not wrong, they are same as the S class. So event if you can find the correct offset, the rim might not fit.

Toddy wrote:

FYI, AMG actually recommend 18" for the W169, so if i can afford, i would have gone for a set of 18's

But don't know bout the fuel consumption though. Hows yours after your upgrade to 17"?

Lets say i managed to find a 17" to fit, do u think W169 can handle it with the stock suspensions? :tsk:

Toddy wrote:

thats the original rims that came with the B class. if you do check the original 16's that came with the W169, it is offset 46 all round.

Ok. Thanks for the info, very helpful.

I think a few mm difference in offset on the A will not make much of a difference. The offset will determine if the rim sits closer to the hub or protrudes outwards.

Handling characteristics for the A should not be adversely affected if you stay within the specified offset range. The stock readings provided by Tod earlier in this thread indicates that your rear wheels protrude 5mm more than the front.

Also when taking a look at offset, you must also take into consideration the wheel width difference with stock spec.

This calculator will help give you an idea of the protrusion and inner clearance change when you enter the necessary values

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

18" = less comfort, more expensive tyres, good looks and yes reducing the wheel gap between fender and tyre with aftermarket suspension will make it look better.

Hey thanks G8. That makes everything very clear now. At least now i have more options, i thought it was a hopeless case for W169. Borbet Rims seems to carry more offset options for As. Think will go shop for it. Thanks again. :becky:

Saw a metallic blue green A-class at Lorong Bakar Batu with what looks like 17" B-class rims with lowered suspension. Was that u Toddy?

What suspension did u use for your wheels? Thanks. :llama:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest desmo

Hi All

If you want a set of 17" B Class rims (10 Spoke) Factory Alloys Offset 49, I just traded them in with a large Tyre and Rim dealer in the West yesterday with x3 with 80% and x1 brand new tyre for aftermarket RacingHART 18" x 8 Offset 50.

As I just took ownership of the B CLass a week ago and the rims were in good condition with a couple of curb rash marks from the previous owner, but nothing serious. I got the CAR dealer to change x1 of the tyres with a new tyre prior to accepting the car due to a sidewall chunk missing.

This Tyre and Rim dealer in the West has a couple of selections for 17" & 18" PCD 5H 112. Just watch your offset.

Additional to this watch your lug bolts, Merc use Radius Seats (Rounded) on the collar, many aftermarket rims use taper seat (V Shape) collars.

So more than likely you will need to change your lug bolts.

Believe you me after visiting rim and tyre dealers from Geylang to Serangoon, Bukit Batok and Sim Ming, the Tyre and Rim dealer in the West has the best selection for the A Class and B Class offsets, but they tend to stock the premium 2 piece japanese and single piece Japanese and Italian brands.

No I do not work for them or on commission, just helping other A Class and B Class Bros & Sis to leverage from my research for our vehicles that have a difficult Offset.

Tell them Des with the Black B Class asked them to give you a good trade in and discount.

They are located at Pandan Road.

Regards

Des

Guest twisti

desmo wrote:

Hi All

If you want a set of 17" B Class rims (10 Spoke) Factory Alloys Offset 49, I just traded them in with a large Tyre and Rim dealer in the West yesterday with x3 with 80% and x1 brand new tyre for aftermarket RacingHART 18" x 8 Offset 50.

As I just took ownership of the B CLass a week ago and the rims were in good condition with a couple of curb rash marks from the previous owner, but nothing serious. I got the CAR dealer to change x1 of the tyres with a new tyre prior to accepting the car due to a sidewall chunk missing.

This Tyre and Rim dealer in the West has a couple of selections for 17" & 18" PCD 5H 112. Just watch your offset.

Additional to this watch your lug bolts, Merc use Radius Seats (Rounded) on the collar, many aftermarket rims use taper seat (V Shape) collars.

So more than likely you will need to change your lug bolts.

Believe you me after visiting rim and tyre dealers from Geylang to Serangoon, Bukit Batok and Sim Ming, the Tyre and Rim dealer in the West has the best selection for the A Class and B Class offsets, but they tend to stock the premium 2 piece japanese and single piece Japanese and Italian brands.

No I do not work for them or on commission, just helping other A Class and B Class Bros & Sis to leverage from my research for our vehicles that have a difficult Offset.

Tell them Des with the Black B Class asked them to give you a good trade in and discount.

They are located at Pandan Road.

Regards

Des

what is the shop name? thanks

looking to change my B rims