• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Official Details - First photos and press release

keltanky

1726788.jpg

The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gullwing will make use of a lightweight design and front mid-engine to propel itself to 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds, it can be revealed. A source close to WorldCarFans has leaked out a portion of the press release for the vehicle, which had been scheduled for distribution tomorrow.

3996954.jpg

There is some speculation that the information leaked is not only legitimate, but a marketing ploy to take thunder away from today's McLaren MP4-12C announcement.

4064971.jpg

The car will feature an AMG 6.3-liter V8 engine located front-mid, and will generate 571 horsepower and up to 650 Nm of torque. Using a dry sump design, the engine pairs with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, allowing the driver to reach a top speed of 317 km/h. The upside of the power translates to a downside in fuel economy: the engine gulps down 13.2 liters for every 100km travelled.

7005634.jpg

Mercedes built this car to a 47/53 weight distribution, with a low center of gravity, meant to, "emphasize the outstanding sports car concept." Featuring an aluminum, double-wishbone suspension, the car really seems to be an ideal car for a true driving enthusiast. With an aluminum bodyshell, it appears as though MB has really tried to keep the weight of this vehicle low.

2696572.jpg

Mercedes' highly anticipated vehicle should hit the German market in early 2010 at €177,310, according to website CarPoint. The site also says the car will come in a choice of Alanite Grey, Alubeam Silver, Syvanite Grey, and a shade of red. Riding on forged wheels, the driver will be wrapped in leather and alcantara.

9792613.jpg

1224850.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sareve

this one will be up against a lot of big names in around the same price range...there's the ferrari 459 and the

mclaren m12c...

If Mercedes prices this in the same price range, they'd better be prepared to lose alot of money!

If Mercedes prices this in the same price range, they'd better be prepared to lose alot of money!

you're right, i can't think of anyone other then a hardcore fan of this, to say i don't want the ferrari 459, i don't want the mclaren m12c, i more want a amg mercedes

Hopefully they'll price it at around 6 to 800k, then car might still be somewhat competitive. Still, the interior is rather cheap looking compared to other exotics and it certainly doesn't look like it'll drive as sportily as the other cars in its price range.

• 1 month later...

ya.. I'm a lurker in fchat..

just drooling on the pictures you guys post of local ferraris/lambs/zonda etc etc

Chinese got a saying ... 望梅止渴。

Looking at a sourplum to quench the thirst..

So.. i no $$ to buy .. so can only look at the cars to quench my desire

Well... I drive an SL as well and I like cars in general, not just Ferraris. Plus I think the most valuable things I've gained from forums are the friends that I've made, the marque doesn't matter as much as the people.

On a side note, to keep this thread on topic, the SLS's aircon vents are a BLATENT COPY of the ones found in the 599.

• 2 weeks later...

A full 14mins intro of SLS Gullwing by Mercedes.

Very nice looking car imho .. but don't get caught in the rain.. the wings offer no protection.

Rumour mill from internet says a SLS Gullwing Baby will be out in 2 yrs.. and sits above the SLK range.

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mercedes_benz_slk_gullwing.jpg

Hopefully..they come out with the SLK soon... More affordable to me..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest domenech

Heard from our local Benz that they will bring in the first Merc supercar to Singapore. After many reviews this gullwing model as the supercar of the year can't wait to see it here.