• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Tranny repair cost sky high!

Guest Syn

Was quoted by C&C for tranny repair, $20+K. Absurd! I don't do high revs nor mod my dad's C219 and my dad is a "TURTLE" driver. Mileage is uber low for a 3 year odd old car. Transmission so easy piang meh???? :twinmfinger: Any bros here encounter same prob with C&C???? Damn unreasonable! I know its a merc, but come on! $20+K is really #@Q%!!!!!!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was quoted by C&C for tranny repair, $20+K. Absurd! I don't do high revs nor mod my dad's C219 and my dad is a "TURTLE" driver. Mileage is uber low for a 3 year odd old car. Transmission so easy piang meh???? :twinmfinger: Any bros here encounter same prob with C&C???? Damn unreasonable! I know its a merc, but come on! $20+K is really #@Q%!!!!!!!!

you need a 2nd or 3rd opinion for sure. The last time I got a 5 grand quote to swap out the entire aircon system, the culprit was a $100+ piston.

Recently did mine , 26 month old , at 22K KM only.

Car just refuse to move suddenly when engage D , engine rev so high as if it was on N.....

Total damage .....below $10K as mine was a used PI, so Lan Lan.....

Check out MBM if yours got no more wty.

Guest Sareve

My advice is don't repair at C&C. Repair at KBS, they'll charge you less and still do an equally good if not better job. Trannies cost quite abit though, upwards of 10K sounds normal to me.

To bros who replied;

Thanks for the input guys!!!

Here's the problem as well, warranty just over. So should I continue to service there? Where's KBS? MBM can anot?

The issue also unclear, as in full details were not disclosed which sounds kind of fishy (READ: CARROT CHOPPING).

Sianz... Now even my mom's saab also in workshop at saab, my younger brother smash the car unto kerb at suntec... Caused the exhaust to break, front driver and rear passenger side coil damaged, both rims smashed.... downtime is 2 weeks.... totally :censored:

now i have to work + send my parents and siblings everywhere... LOL

bottomline is.... i want to take the car back from C&C to give either kbs or mbm do inspection... :pray:

Guest Sareve

KBS = MBM, it's at level 1 of Sin Ming autocare centre. They're one of our sponsors, so I think you can actually get in touch with them here on the forum and ask about stuff before you go.

You might as well start sending your car there for servicing too, it's MUCH cheaper than C&C and the service quality is better. While you're there, you might want to check out all the amazing selection of mods they can install for you :P