• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

High Quality Re Painted Rims Required

Hey Everyone!

I am brand new on SG Merc and looking for some advise. I want to get my wheels re painted to a very high quality. The rims don't need a full refurb as they are in great condition but the paint inserts are dull, there are some small tiny scratches and they have lost their gloss on paintwork.  (See profile pic)

So I want a high quality wheel re paint. Does anyone know of a super high quality firm that will make it look OEM?

I may plan to just go to C&C and have them do it but I know they will just outsource it and send to a third party paint shop and charge me for that convenience but i want an OEM look that lasts as I will ceramic coat them after and keep super clean unlike the previous owner.

I don't mind paying for a super high quality job.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CB63 said:

Hey Everyone!

I am brand new on SG Merc and looking for some advise. I want to get my wheels re painted to a very high quality. The rims don't need a full refurb as they are in great condition but the paint inserts are dull, there are some small tiny scratches and they have lost their gloss on paintwork.  (See profile pic)

So I want a high quality wheel re paint. Does anyone know of a super high quality firm that will make it look OEM?

I may plan to just go to C&C and have them do it but I know they will just outsource it and send to a third party paint shop and charge me for that convenience but i want an OEM look that lasts as I will ceramic coat them after and keep super clean unlike the previous owner.

I don't mind paying for a super high quality job.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

If you're referring to the high sheen finish of your OEM rims, unlikely anyone can do it for you in Singapore even CnC.

The high sheen finish is created when the rim manufacturer do the machining of the rim and finished off with a clean coat of lacquer to keep the high sheen finishing created by the machining processes.

The high sheen finish is unfortunately not attainable by spray painting.

Respraying will bring a dull finish to your original amg rims.

15730-xxl.jpg

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

You see a picture of my amg rim surfaces highlighted in red lines.

These are the high sheen surfaces created by very fine machining processes on multi axis CNC Machining Centre or CNC Mill.

Any spray paint job on these surfaces, the high sheen finishing will be gone forever unless you do a re-machining by skimming these surfaces to get back the original high sheen finish.

This will need a very knowledgeable machinist/engineer and good CNC equipment.

With more losses of the original material, wheel can be badly out of balance.

You will need also the original 2D & 3D drawings to assist in the programming of the machining process.

This will also end up to be more costly than buying a new set.

My take, if you do not need the original shiny sheen finish and just want a good paint job done go ahead.

Not necessary CnC will do the best spray painting jobs.

Once, I got CnC Pandan to respray one of my previous set of amg rims 

Rims are not manufactured Diamler Benz but usually by this OEM company RONAL. (appears on most AMG rims with the imprint on the rear of the rim)

813029821_id5130(20)(1).thumb.jpg.c0dff7b580beb66e3a247a1931ccac3c.jpg

12130-xxl.jpg

Cheers

Thanks for the feed-back and level of detail guys it is helpful indeed. You also confirmed what I thought of C&C follow up.

I was not talking about the highly machined surfaces as you mention as they are in great condition and that is my point, I don't need a full refurb. What I am referring to, is the painted inserts. The colour is called  "Titanium/Himalaya Grey"  and this is the only part I need re painting so the machined face finish I don't need to touch but there in lies the problem, can anyone do this to a high level in Singapore?

I was told to try YSR Rims https://www.facebook.com/ysrgarage/

Anyone used these guys before?

If I can't get done to the right level I may just keep them on as they really are not that bad, in fact I have thought of selling these 2nd hand as they are fine mainly and buying a brand new set for my car. Would I get around $400 - $500 a wheel for these (the condition is fine for most but not me as they are not perfect)

20200518_145155.jpg

I think you should have no problem selling your rims for $400-$500.

Why not put up a "WTS" thread in the Buy & Sell folder with some nice pictures of your rims.

You can also check with the tyre shops to trade in your rims for new tyres when you buy your new set of rims

If you wanna do a paint job, the workshop should be able to tape up the shiny surfaces before doing the spray painting. Many paint shops should be able to do a good job on your rims.

Cheers