• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car cannot drive when in D drive position

SpeedMerc

Wondering anyone have this problem after car wash the next morning when the car engine is started it cannot drive off. This happen after engine is started and the drive position is change from P to D position and brake pedal is release but car didn’t move off.  

One can feel the rev of the engine when the accelerator is lightly but also feel the brake or something is preventing the car from moving off. I only managed to drive off after applying the accelerator at around 2k rpm.

This is not normal cause usually when brake pedal is release the car should move off. Please advise if you have similar problem or know how to overcome it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, SpeedMerc said:

Wondering anyone have this problem after car wash the next morning when the car engine is started it cannot drive off. This happen after engine is started and the drive position is change from P to D position and brake pedal is release but car didn’t move off.  

One can feel the rev of the engine when the accelerator is lightly but also feel the brake or something is preventing the car from moving off. I only managed to drive off after applying the accelerator at around 2k rpm.

This is not normal cause usually when brake pedal is release the car should move off. Please advise if you have similar problem or know how to overcome it.

Likely to be the rust developed on the brake disc after washing.    This caused the "sticky" brake feeling, where the accelerator has to be pressed harder to move off.   This should be a once off, after which it should be normal again.   

After washing my car yesterday I experience this is sticky brake feel again and I have to accelerate hard in a confine area of the carpark to drive kind of scary as there are car around. 

Anyway to prevent this sticky brake thing from happening?

get your brake calipers checked

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

You’re welcome & I m happy for you!

imagine your frustrations each time the same issue greets you each morning 

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)