• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W213 9G-Tronic ATF Replacement

acetylcholine

Hi Bros, wanted to do a quick check on how often do you all replace the automatic transmission fluid and filter for the 9G-Tronic in the W213? Official servicing manual for the W213 in the USA calls for a change every 60,000 miles / 6 years which is about 95,000 km while the technical documents for the 9G-Tronic (725.001) states as follows: Oil change interval as per NAT2FE+ every 125,000 km/5 years • Exchange of both oil filters in the oil pan, the oil pan must be replaced for this as the filters are permanently integrated into the oil pan every 125,000 km/5 years.

My regular workshop is recommending a change every 40,000 km due to "local conditions" but I am not sure if this is an overkill. Maybe the bros who are still servicing their W213s at C&C can also advise on how often does C&C recommend this change? 

Also, I was quoted $750 for original parts and labour all-in. Is this a bit steep? I used to pay around $400 to change the automatic transmission fluid and filter for the 7G-Tronic so was quite shocked when I received the quote from them. Any bros can share where they usually do this replacement and how much did it cost? Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, acetylcholine said:

Hi Bros, wanted to do a quick check on how often do you all replace the automatic transmission fluid and filter for the 9G-Tronic in the W213? Official servicing manual for the W213 in the USA calls for a change every 60,000 miles / 6 years which is about 95,000 km while the technical documents for the 9G-Tronic (725.001) states as follows: Oil change interval as per NAT2FE+ every 125,000 km/5 years • Exchange of both oil filters in the oil pan, the oil pan must be replaced for this as the filters are permanently integrated into the oil pan every 125,000 km/5 years.

My regular workshop is recommending a change every 40,000 km due to "local conditions" but I am not sure if this is an overkill. Maybe the bros who are still servicing their W213s at C&C can also advise on how often does C&C recommend this change? 

Also, I was quoted $750 for original parts and labour all-in. Is this a bit steep? I used to pay around $400 to change the automatic transmission fluid and filter for the 7G-Tronic so was quite shocked when I received the quote from them. Any bros can share where they usually do this replacement and how much did it cost? Thanks!

if u often drive in heavy traffic then gd to service early but is up to individual preference. 
u can go another workshop to get a quote for Apple to Apple compare. 

Some owners prefer every 30k km

I usually do my each 60k km together with engine & gear box mountings

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)