• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice on C180 CGI W204 FL model

Poliwhack

Get a reliable mechanic or AA to check the ride to see any major accident.

Go for a test drive and see if you like the ride

Get a full diagnostic check to see any errors come out and also the actual mileage of the car is the same as the odometer. 

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

3 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

Get a reliable mechanic or AA to check the ride to see any major accident.

Go for a test drive and see if you like the ride

Get a full diagnostic check to see any errors come out and also the actual mileage of the car is the same as the odometer. 

Thanks for your advice. Sorry but what is AA? 

Any idea if the FL model encounter green key issue? 

On 12/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, Poliwhack said:

Thanks for your advice. Sorry but what is AA? 

Any idea if the FL model encounter green key issue? 

Should be AAS or Automobile Association of Singapore

Do not know if green key issue happens in FL W204

PFL pretty common

• Thanks 1

Cheers

Currently owned an Oct 12 w204 FL model.  Got it just before 3 years warranty up with low mileage as 2nd owner and managed to send to C&C for 33 points check/service clinic.  I've been driving till now (> 4 yrs) with no issues.  Just the normal wear and tear replacement/maintenance carried out.  

Plan to keep beyond 10 years too as condition is still very good and reliable.

There are two FL types - Kompressor (with 5G) and CGI (with 7G)

I would suggest you get the CGI FL model, I'm having one of these since 2012 (first owner).

From my perspective, i didn't face major issues for past 7 years - only usual change of brake pads / rotors twice (normal wear and tear), stabilizer links (found to be split) and the thermostat housing (refer to here)
I do have some knocking sounds on uneven roads, which i'm planning a change of suspension (refer to here). The suspension has been original for 7 years which a well known workshop told me it's very good already.

If you're new to conti, then be prepared for the servicing bill and also cost of replacing parts.
Maybe you can also check what was replaced in the past few years.

28 minutes ago, BluBlur said:

There are two FL types - Kompressor (with 5G) and CGI (with 7G)

I would suggest you get the CGI FL model, I'm having one of these since 2012 (first owner).

Good point about C180K 5 spd (Kompressor - aka Supercharger) and 7 G-tronics CGI (Turbo)

In 2012, CnC brought in the FL 1.8L C180 cgi and later replaced it in late 2012 with the 1.6L cgi.

2011 & 2012 were years of confusion for FL C180.

C180K - 1.6L supercharged engine

C180 CGI - 1.8L turbo charged engine

C180 CGI -1.6L turbo charge engine

Cheers

1 hour ago, giggss said:

Owner of a 2012 C180 1.6L turbo charged engine

Did encounter the green key issue before.

Hope you didn't spent much!

My brother has to spend $2000+ for his 2009 C200K 1.8L SC engine to rectify the green key issue.

He renewed his 10 years COE many months back this year.

I had the 2012 C180 1.6L turbo charged engine from CnC but I sold it after 2 years+ & 40K+ km

Very frugal engine and I can cruised in the KPE tunnel for as little as 5L/100km or 20km/L

FLW204a.jpg

FLW204b.jpg

Cheers

34 minutes ago, kepiting1sg said:

Hope you didn't spent much!

My brother has to spend $2000+ for his 2009 C200K 1.8L SC engine to rectify the green key issue.

He renewed his 10 years COE many months back this year.

I had the 2012 C180 1.6L turbo charged engine from CnC but I sold it after 2 years+ & 40K+ km

Very frugal engine and I can cruised in the KPE tunnel for as little as 5L/100km or 20km/L

FLW204a.jpg

FLW204b.jpg

Spent $1.3k to replace the electric steering lock

There are cheaper options, such as to simply disable / bypass the electric steering lock mechanism

Yeah, very fun to drive car.. If I didn't remember wrongly, coming down from Genting can beat that 4.9l / 100km readings :D

2 hours ago, giggss said:

Yeah, very fun to drive car.. If I didn't remember wrongly, coming down from Genting can beat that 4.9l / 100km readings :D

4.9L/100km is just KPE tunnel nia :)

The other pic shows in real life the C180 1.6 cgi you can get <7L/100km if you're light footed without being a road hog

Genting ya lah!

You hardly need to step on the gas and you roll down and only modulate your brakes lightly at difficult bends mah! :)

I did pretty well with the W211 E200K rolling down Cameron Highlands at 3.8L/100km nia :)

W211.jpg

Cheers

• 2 years later...