• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W213 Enginer behavior

Bryan730

Hi fellow Merc W213 owners! 

I just bought a 2nd hand W213 E250 (May 2018), and realised that the engine in Comfort mode tend to behave as though its in Sports mode (not as bad of course), meaning it tends to drag the RPM before changing to the next gear. I tested my friend's 2017 W213 and his didn't have this phenomenon. What this means is also that the engine noise is alot louder and rougher since it tends to stay longer at low gears instead of high gears (D8,D9). I have owned a C-class, E-class and GLC previously and this is by far the loudest/roughest engine noise i've ever experienced!

I checked with my CnC SA and he said that mid-way Merc did a change in the tuning of W213 E250 engines to make it more responsive but he doesn't remember anything to do with the gear "dragging" before changing but he suggested i send my car in to CnC to check the tuning. 

Just wanted to check with fellow owners whether you have the same experience owning a E250 W213??

Many thanks in advance guys!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always drive my W213 in Eco mode!

I don't think the Comfort Mode is noisy and off course less responsive as Sport or Sport + modes

Good to send in your car to CnC for a check since your ride is still under warranty

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

53 minutes ago, Bryan730 said:

Thanks kepiting bro. So you mean your W213 doesn't drag the gear as tho in Sports mode huh? 

May i know which year is your ride? 

Thanks!

Year of Manufacture Nov 2016

Date of Registration by CnC 31 May 2017 

Current E250 as been phased out and replaced by E300.

The same engine E250 208 bhp has been tuned to 241 bhp

Soon to arrive will be the E200 184 bhp to be tuned to near 200bhp

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)