• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180K - 2009

Zappee

Hi Gurus,

I'm looking into getting a C180K, 2009 model. Mileage is about 120K. This is a renewed COE car. Please advise me. Should i or not? What are the problems i would face and what i should be looking out for. Thank you very much. Your advice is greatly appreciated. 

Price lah, bro. Only the rich buy things without having to know the price.:money:

Anyway, Do try to verify that the mileage is genuine and not tweeted (10 Years car with 120,000km is pretty decent)

For a 2019 renewed COE, I would say the price should range about $58 to $63k range, depreciating at about $6K/year.

Other than all these, it's condition of the car and if all parts are still in good working condition. And google on the car dealer and check if they are on case trusted and not blacklisted.

Ask for test drive and check for warranty coverage period etc; because any repair or replacement later is just equivalent to purchasing the the car at a cost higher.

Just standby a few Ks to have some parts replacements.  

That's the pros and cons of getting a 10 yr old car; you are subjected to much lower depreciation but you are subjected to all the unknown wear and tear of the car. 

Hope more gurus here can advise you further. Good Luck, Zappee....

• Like 1

Price is decent!

Renewing the COE depending earlier this year is around $35,000

Foregoing the rebate or 50% OMV is around $20k+

Checking the mileage is very important!

Before buying it get a workshop to plug in the Diagnostic checks.

The actual mileage will show up and any fault errors too.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 3 weeks later...

i'd say the 2009 C180K at $64k is on the pricey side. i got a similar car (Dec 2009 C180K) in Apr this year for $58k with 150k mileage. No issues with the car so far except for the alternator replacement ($600) done last week. Cheap to run with the low road tax and considerably low fuel consumption (ave 9-10L/100km). Parts are still widely available too.