• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC250 Squealing Brakes

Tripz78

Hello everyone. Im a new Merc owner and i bought a GLC250 SUV from a PI about 4 months ago. My mileage is currently about 6000km and ive this very strange issue with my brakes, specifically i believe its coming from the rear brakes. 

When i drive for about 25-30 mins and i apply my brakes there is a loud squealing sound. But this sound goes away when i press harder on the brakes. But when i apply light to mid pressure it squeals quite badly. 

Heres the more irritating part, this only comes out when my brakes are really hot. As mentioned, it happens after abt 25-30 mins into a drive. When the brakes cool down, there is no sound, but as soon as it gets hot again, the squeal appears again. My rear pads have been changed once at 5000kms (i asked the PI to change to see if the sound goes away, but it didnt)

Im wondering if any GLC bros here have experienced or heard about this before? Would really appreciate some advice as the sound is driving me nuts! :P Thanks in advance. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get your workshop to take a good look at the calipers...  are all the pins holding correctly? Pads can last you at least 30k... 

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill