• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is a Mercedes-Benz worth investing in?

Jimbaker

Hi everyone, I’ve been looking for a new car for about a month now ever since my previous daily driver caught on fire.. It has been quite unfruitful. I found a 2003 Mercedes-Benz C230K that seems promising. It has 175k miles, automatic, no rust, excellent condition inside and out cosmetically. The current owner told me that he and the previous owner both kept up with the preventative maintenance (oil changes, etc). The only issue he said is that the driver door won’t open from the inside and the window comes off track if you put it down too far. He said he would get those fixed before he sold it though. Overall It seems like a good deal. http://tradevenue.se/

However, I’ve never owned a MB before, nor have I known anyone that has owned one. What would I be getting into? Do I need a specialized mechanic for oil changes, brakes, tires, etc? I usually do my own simple maintenance, would I be able to do those things myself? Also he is asking $3,200 which according to kbb seems a little high. I could be wrong but what would be an appropriate price range? I’m also worried about mileage, what is the engine life for this model?

ANY info would be helpful!! I really appreciate the advice and help.

Ask yourself this main question... what is your Budget? And move on from there... if you really want to buy a used car like the above mentioned.. get your own workshop to take a good look at it.. never listen to what people say...  unless you know your stuff... listen to your workshop.. cos they are the ones fixing your ride once you paid for it... I can intro you to my guy... in AMK..  

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill