• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Curry curry

Guest blackmercs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

1) Curry house at smith road Chinatown market #02-96 - slurp slurp

2) Jurong east blk 301 & 353

3)

pls add on

Half OT - Unker like Hainese Curry rice - any recommendations.

Guest blackmercs

3)

pls add on

Unker where got Hainaese curry rice??? trying to be funny is it?? I complain to moderator!!! lolz

Guest east539

3)

pls add on

Unker where got Hainaese curry rice??? trying to be funny is it?? I complain to moderator!!! lolz

Got lah, one of the best should be the one called 11 fingers sessiors hainaese curry rice many years back previously selling at one kopi thiam around bugis area where currently now the Raffles Hospital is, but after that stall moved out liao like mia for quite long, tried to find here & there also cannot locate them, but recently heard from one of my friend that one of the silbing or ex partner reopen the stalll at around ubi industrial estate, anyway need to recce the exact location but duno standards still the same or drop liao?

Guest blackmercs

3)

pls add on

Got lah, one of the best should be the one called 11 fingers sessiors hainaese curry rice many years back previously selling at one kopi thiam around bugis area where currently now the Raffles Hospital is, but after that stall moved out liao like mia for quite long, tried to find here & there also cannot locate them, but recently heard from one of my friend that one of the silbing or ex partner reopen the stalll at around ubi industrial estate, anyway need to recce the exact location but duno standards still the same or drop liao?

Oh sorry Unker, thousand apologies!!! When u guys found the place bring me there to eat ya.

kum sia

Guest kepiting1sg

Forgip him lah! He's still the siow lian yen tau kia who eat, drink, look & talk with PRC mei mei lah....heheheh!!! (Let him defend or attack - Unker wait)

U also heard of 11 fingers arh!!!! :iconsalut: :iconsalut: :iconsalut:

Unker used to eat from 11 fingers not scissors which was previously located or still in kitchener road.

Scissors also has branches in Vivo City Banquet & Wisma Atria Banquet food court.

IMHO Scissors or the one at Upper Serangoon Hainese curry is no why near 11 fingers.

I grew up eating 11 fingers Hainese curry for breakfast in my Seconday school days (<40 years ago)

The only Hainese curry that has survives many decades is the 1 at Whampo Market Hawker stalls not Whampo Market Food Hawker Center hor.

The father <50 years ago use to sell from a push Tri-cycle before he moves into the Whampo Market 50 years ago to sell.

His son same age as Unker took over from the old man when he died and he is still selling and looks like his 3rd Generation son will be taking over.

They open only for breakfast and closed before lunch and also not open on some days when the boss cannot wake up. :banghead:

I was introduced last year to 1 at Bukit Merah near Henderson Rd...I was truly disappointed.

For those who know Hainese Curry, this is the sticky & not spicy curry version and no chili oil or coconut milk swimming in the gravy.

Once U are hooked, U are hooked for life.....hehehehehe!!!!

The curry gravy, the stewed pork, sotong, the pork chop, the cabbage, fried assam fish, cha siew are their signature dishes.

Sluurrrppppppppp!!!!!! :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

Guest blackmercs

Forgip him lah! He's still the siow lian yen tau kia who eat, drink, look & talk with PRC mei mei lah....heheheh!!! (Let him defend or attack - Unker wait)

Unker used to eat from 11 fingers not scissors which was previously located or still in kitchener road.

Scissors also has branches in Vivo City Banquet & Wisma Atria Banquet food court.

IMHO Scissors or the one at Upper Serangoon Hainese curry is no why near 11 fingers.

I grew up eating 11 fingers Hainese curry for breakfast in my Seconday school days (<40 years ago)

The only Hainese curry that has survives many decades is the 1 at Whampo Market Hawker stalls not Whampo Market Food Hawker Center hor.

The father <50 years ago use to sell from a push Tri-cycle before he moves into the Whampo Market 50 years ago to sell.

His son same age as Unker took over from the old man when he died and he is still selling and looks like his 3rd Generation son will be taking over.

They open only for breakfast and closed before lunch and also not open on some days when the boss cannot wake up. :banghead:

I was introduced last year to 1 at Bukit Merah near Henderson Rd...I was truly disappointed.

For those who know Hainese Curry, this is the sticky & not spicy curry version and no chili oil or coconut milk swimming in the gravy.

The curry gravy, the stewed pork, sotong, the pork chop, the cabbage, fried assam fish, cha siew are their signature dishes.

Today went to search for 11 fingers, only found Center finger haiz, i guess is different management.

Guest kepiting1sg

:twinmfinger: :1mfinger:

KNN! Unker center leg

U wanna or not? NYP..Loti kiap iscrim....muahahaha

Back to topic-Unker bring to try..ahem....whampoe mit hainanese curry rice hot...boh part tee lu....tee

har....muahahaha! ;D

Guest blackmercs

:twinmfinger: :1mfinger:

KNN! Unker center leg

U wanna or not? NYP..Loti kiap iscrim....muahahaha

Back to topic-Unker bring to try..ahem....whampoe mit hainanese curry rice hot...boh part tee lu....tee

har....muahahaha! ;D

OK swee, this coming meetup we do potluck. I bring myself, u guys can bring all the nice food!!!

Guest Prado

3)

pls add on

Unker

Tiong Poh road , if i remember correctly . It's somewhere near Tiong Bahru Market . Cornershop coffeeshop . Serves authentic hainese curry rice and others hainaese food . The cakes and swiss rolls are :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker

Tiong Poh road , if i remember correctly . It's somewhere near Tiong Bahru Market . Cornershop coffeeshop . Serves authentic hainese curry rice and others hainaese food . The cakes and swiss rolls are :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello Prado,

Thank U for the info.

Any lead for Hainese curry rice - I sure check it out.

If U got the address will be great!

I use to get my Hainese curry rice fix once a fortnite.

When I am back to SG, my mum like all mothers

will travel by bus all the way from Pasir Ris to Whampoe Mkt just to buy the curry for her son...heheheh :thumbsup:

BTW U driving a Prado?

My ride in Batam Island is a 3 Ltr Diesel Turbo Prado VX

Guest kepiting1sg

OK swee, this coming meetup we do potluck. I bring myself, u guys can bring all the nice food!!!

Fried LP, stewed LC, Black Jap abalone whole or choice of Australi Blue Oyster....muahahahaha! :punk1:

Guest east539

yar, been eating 11 fingers sessiors hainaese curry rice since young at one near bugis mrt along victoria st, always go with my family, especially my dad, but can't really remember if the signboard have the "sessiors" on it bo? but the boss always use sessior to prepare the lor ba, pork chop, hei bao dan & cabbages, si bei solid & 2 types of non spicy curry mixed with lor chap make it even better. i think really must go Ubi recce see got if there is one, if got call unker, blackmercs & othe bros want interested go chiong liao.

Guest kepiting1sg

yar, been eating 11 fingers sessiors hainaese curry rice since young at one near bugis mrt along victoria st, always go with my family, especially my dad, but can't really remember if the signboard have the "sessiors" on it bo? but the boss always use sessior to prepare the lor ba, pork chop, hei bao dan & cabbages, si bei solid & 2 types of non spicy curry mixed with lor chap make it even better. i think really must go Ubi recce see got if there is one, if got call unker, blackmercs & othe bros want interested go chiong liao.

I've been eating the Whampoe Mkt stall for the last nearly 50 years.

If U lup Hainese curry - U must go & try them out.

Only the sticky non-spicy curry gravy with a little lor chup.

Nothing has changed for the last 50 years.

The lor bak & sotong die die must try with the curry rice.

Only open in the morning on most days and usually sold out by 10.00 am.

Remember Mkt hawker stalls & not the Hawker Centre stalls.

For the Ubi one, U go recce and gip feedback....heheheh! :yumyum: :yumyum:

Guest Prado

Kepiting1sg ]

Unker

Tiong Poh road , if i remember correctly . It' wrote:

Hello Prado,

Thank U for the info.

Any lead for Hainese curry rice - I sure check it out.

If U got the address will be great!

I use to get my Hainese curry rice fix once a fortnite.

When I am back to SG, my mum like all mothers

will travel by bus all the way from Pasir Ris to Whampoe Mkt just to buy the curry for her son...heheheh :thumbsup:

BTW U driving a Prado?

My ride in Batam Island is a 3 Ltr Diesel Turbo Prado VX

let me check and out and revert with regards to the full address .

Yup driving a 3 door Limited Prado .

• 4 years later...

Loo's Hainanese Curry, corner of Eng Hoon and Seng Poh Rd. Can get super crowded. Very decent though personally I still yearn for those of yesteryears .....esp as mentioned, the one that was near the old Blanco Court.

Unker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...