• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hi, new to sgMerc

Hi Friends,

Just created an account here and wanted to say hi to all.

My wife got an A200, and have been driving for 6 months. So far so good.

Wondering if anyone here has experience with Android Auto? This app on MBUX was deactivated. Apple CarPlay was also deactivated. Isn't these standard apps on car infotainment system? Is this a license issue? or something else? Talk to the sales lady, but received nothing after a few days. Sighs... Greatly appreciate your help if you have experience with this and willing to share your solution.

Thanks!.

CP

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply, darksaint. We bought the new facelift A200 from C&C. Customer service from C&C seems lacking, both from Sales and online portal. It is our first merc and I say without hesitation that our satisfactory level is below par.

Regardless, I got a reply saying that the apps are not a standard feature and vary amongst models. I didn't know of such apps, which allows Google maps on the MBUX, until my recent driving trip to the US. It is so much more convenient to use AA than the default MBUX Nav. So I wanted it in my ride. My google search tells me that newer cars, especially after 2017, had this feature built it. I was wrong.

Currently, both apps were deactivated, as indicated on the screen. I assume it is a license/money issue and waiting for a reply on how to activate it. Alternatively, anyone used a gadget, that can be purchased online, to activate such apps? Any risk of damaging the electronics or MBUX firmware?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Cptay said:

Thanks for the reply, darksaint. We bought the new facelift A200 from C&C. Customer service from C&C seems lacking, both from Sales and online portal. It is our first merc and I say without hesitation that our satisfactory level is below par.

Regardless, I got a reply saying that the apps are not a standard feature and vary amongst models. I didn't know of such apps, which allows Google maps on the MBUX, until my recent driving trip to the US. It is so much more convenient to use AA than the default MBUX Nav. So I wanted it in my ride. My google search tells me that newer cars, especially after 2017, had this feature built it. I was wrong.

Currently, both apps were deactivated, as indicated on the screen. I assume it is a license/money issue and waiting for a reply on how to activate it. Alternatively, anyone used a gadget, that can be purchased online, to activate such apps? Any risk of damaging the electronics or MBUX firmware?

Thanks

I know the newer pre face lift models some can activate the AA via OBD2 port. Not sure for mbux 

On 7/2/2019 at 0:45 PM, Cptay said:

Hi Friends,

Just created an account here and wanted to say hi to all.

My wife got an A200, and have been driving for 6 months. So far so good.

Wondering if anyone here has experience with Android Auto? This app on MBUX was deactivated. Apple CarPlay was also deactivated. Isn't these standard apps on car infotainment system? Is this a license issue? or something else? Talk to the sales lady, but received nothing after a few days. Sighs... Greatly appreciate your help if you have experience with this and willing to share your solution.

Thanks!.

CP

Hi, I also bought an A200 from PI recently. Facing same issue, when I select the Mercedes Me app it says "Content cannot be loaded at present".

Checked with Max from Elebest, he said that he can't help if there is this error message. Would appreciate if anyone has managed to 'clear' this error. Cuz once the error msg is gone, Max said then he can help to install Apple Carplay. 

• 2 years later...

Hello, i am a new owner of a A200 W177 mercedes without apply carplay. 

I managed to download the UK mercedes me app and from there was thinking of purchasing the smartphone integration (aka apple carplay). I am just wondering what happen after i purchase, will it automatically update the car?

Would be great if someone can advise.

Thank you!