• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Service B - Express or Overnight

MERC_MAXX

Hi Bros,

Just wanted to ask what is the best option for Service B.

Mileage is 26K but system reads as due for Service B.

I just got the car a few months back and this is my 1st servicing as car still under warranty.

Better to leave the car over 1.5days or choose the express option.

Apparently cost is the same, but care wise not too sure.

Much Appreciated - Thanks guys!

I did my Express Service B for my W213 at about 27k km (30k km servicing) and next servicing will be Service A at around 42k km (45k km)

Do the Express Service B for 1 day as it's supposed to be 30k km servicing.

Tell the SA to advise you and do not change if

a. Need to change battery (do it outside)

b. Need to change brake pads and or rotors (do it outside)

This's the scope of work they do for Express Service B

Prices could defer depending on model

5d1366ce88221_ServiceB.thumb.jpg.192c55b399d586278a21eb27bff416ed.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

14 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

I did my Express Service B for my W213 at about 27k km (30k km servicing) and next servicing will be Service A at around 42k km (45k km)

Do the Express Service B for 1 day as it's supposed to be 30k km servicing.

Tell the SA to advise you and do not change if

a. Need to change battery (do it outside)

b. Need to change brake pads and or rotors (do it outside)

This's the scope of work they do for Express Service B

Prices could defer depending on model

5d1366ce88221_ServiceB.thumb.jpg.192c55b399d586278a21eb27bff416ed.jpg

Bro, where u do your brake pad - which workshop

5 hours ago, rickosw said:

Bro, where u do your brake pad - which workshop

Hi Rick,

My previous W212, for servicing or repairs (minor & major), I used to go to to OptimaWerk - Ah Yong aka Vincent but he moves to Toh Guan.

Ah Yong or Vincent came out from MBM long way back.

Now I go to Ignite - They recently change all my brake pads for my W213

• Like 1

Cheers

3 hours ago, MERC_MAXX said:

Thanks Bro!

So battery and brake pads if change outside warranty won't be void?

Thanks again!

Is your battery & brake pads/rotors warranted by CnC?

All these are wear & tear items and are not warranted by CnC unless your battery kaput in less than a year maybe.

The recent servicing about, my car went in with ambient light revolving tweeters & air con "turbo grills"

They didn't say they will revoke my warranty.

If you go remap your car and engine or gear train go up lorry (not likely though) and CnC knows, then what do you think about your car warranty for your engine & gear box.

Old saying "Mod Don't Scare! Scare Don't Mode"

I've purchased quite a few rides from CnC and never before they wanted to revoke my warranties.

I started with a new W203 C180 in 2003 from CnC

I put on a full Lorinser Body Kit with Brabus Rims

Changed the horrible looking Halogen lamps with Original Hella Xenon from Benzline

Put on C230 Supercharger, All Kleemann Piggy Back, Air filter , bigger Fuel Pump, Extractor/Downpipe & Catalytic Converter with LTA approved Lorinser Exhaust (I got the TUV Certifications from Lorinser for LTA) - Work were done by MBM

Sent the car in during the warranty period, no one in CnC ever say they will void my car warranty.

A few times CEL (aka Check Engine Light) lan lan go back to MBM and definitely not CnC

I guess I was young then doing what the folks here like to do i.e to squeeze more HP, Zhng their ride, etc

• Like 2

Cheers

15 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

Hi Rick,

My previous W212, for servicing or repairs (minor & major), I used to go to to OptimaWerk - Ah Yong aka Vincent but he moves to Toh Guan.

Ah Yong or Vincent came out from MBM long way back.

Now I go to Ignite - They recently change all my brake pads for my W213

Bro, where is ignite workshop? I want change my brake pad for my w213. Thanks in advance.

F81D0D62-4AE1-42CA-A2D7-A5CD59844D94.jpeg

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/06/2019 at 6:18 PM, kepiting1sg said:

Is your battery & brake pads/rotors warranted by CnC?

All these are wear & tear items and are not warranted by CnC unless your battery kaput in less than a year maybe.

The recent servicing about, my car went in with ambient light revolving tweeters & air con "turbo grills"

They didn't say they will revoke my warranty.

If you go remap your car and engine or gear train go up lorry (not likely though) and CnC knows, then what do you think about your car warranty for your engine & gear box.

Old saying "Mod Don't Scare! Scare Don't Mode"

I've purchased quite a few rides from CnC and never before they wanted to revoke my warranties.

I started with a new W203 C180 in 2003 from CnC

I put on a full Lorinser Body Kit with Brabus Rims

Changed the horrible looking Halogen lamps with Original Hella Xenon from Benzline

Put on C230 Supercharger, All Kleemann Piggy Back, Air filter , bigger Fuel Pump, Extractor/Downpipe & Catalytic Converter with LTA approved Lorinser Exhaust (I got the TUV Certifications from Lorinser for LTA) - Work were done by MBM

Sent the car in during the warranty period, no one in CnC ever say they will void my car warranty.

A few times CEL (aka Check Engine Light) lan lan go back to MBM and definitely not CnC

I guess I was young then doing what the folks here like to do i.e to squeeze more HP, Zhng their ride, etc

Thanks for this insight! cheers!