• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Thinking of purchasing a 2003 SL 500 r230 looking for some advice

Hello everyone,

My neighbor is selling a 2003 SL 500 cheap ($3500). It's his 5th car. he is the 2nd owner and has had it since 2007. Right now it needs new batteries (both) and a new alternator. The top also has some issues (hydraulic fluid leaking somewhere). I'm planning on buying it for my parents as a 40th-anniversary gift. He has a ton of service records with it.

I owned a w210 e55 amg so am familiar with these cars. I also currently own several e46 BMW's so am familiar and tooled to work on German cars.

The Car: 2003 SL500 103k miles needs both batteries and an alternator The top needs work, a micro switch is bad (I know which on) and is leaking fluid.

Heres my question: I have never owned an r230, what are some big common issues with these cars to look out for Day 1 I planned on doing plugs, oil change, brakes, all fluids (diff, tranny brake etc) and putting in a modern android head unit.

Nox VidMate Mobdro
Any other advice would be great!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic