Omgamg

W205 brake pads

7 posts in this topic

Anyone got lobang for w205 brake pads pls comment here or pm me! Looking for no dust or reduced dust pads. For worn pads, are there anything else I need to change? Is it advisable to change all 4 pads or only those that are worn?

Replaced mine at Sin Ming Auto Center. ATE dust free pads. Unable to recall the shop name. I think is on the 4th floor. Try calling the owner James 92960289. 

1 person likes this

On 10/31/2018 at 9:27 PM, Angchug said:

Replaced mine at Sin Ming Auto Center. ATE dust free pads. Unable to recall the shop name. I think is on the 4th floor. Try calling the owner James 92960289. 

Hi. My W205 front brakes produce an unpleasant noise when the car comes to a near stop with brakes applied. C&C advisors said it was normal for W205. Do the ATE dust-free brake pads produce a similar noise?

Thank you.

Yes ! About the same 

1 person likes this

On 11/5/2018 at 9:07 PM, Angchug said:

Yes ! About the same 

Hi. Thanks for the reply. In this case, I think I will stick to the original brake pads.

After researching and reading forums, I've decided to give back to the community after finalling installing ceramic brake pads (ATE on W205) after the warning light/message came on. 

- they are not expensive 

- there is no squealing or screeching 

- lower brake dust have yet to observe as today is day 2 

- it does not have the stress sound when half breaking 

- the braking power is similar to the stock brakes 

I read that ceramic pads are supposed to be quiter, produce less dust, last longer but wears your rotors faster. 

Also after the warning light comes on, the old pads still have about 7% left so don't listen to your mechanic to change pads until after the warning lights come on. I did servicing in Oct and they say must change must change and they lasted me four months without issues. 

3 people like this

On 2/17/2019 at 4:43 PM, Omgamg said:

After researching and reading forums, I've decided to give back to the community after finalling installing ceramic brake pads (ATE on W205) after the warning light/message came on. 

- they are not expensive 

- there is no squealing or screeching 

- lower brake dust have yet to observe as today is day 2 

- it does not have the stress sound when half breaking 

- the braking power is similar to the stock brakes 

I read that ceramic pads are supposed to be quiter, produce less dust, last longer but wears your rotors faster. 

Also after the warning light comes on, the old pads still have about 7% left so don't listen to your mechanic to change pads until after the warning lights come on. I did servicing in Oct and they say must change must change and they lasted me four months without issues. 

Can input the pic of the pad and price?