• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w204 Knocking Sound after warmed up

Hi all Senior, not sure if anyone experience this before but whenever I drive on low speed after warmed up, there is this squeaky knocking sound coming from the front of the car. 

I have seeked my workshop to diagnose this issue and despite of all the replacement and repair works as listed below the noise still persist and I am pretty loss on what might have caused the noise : 

1. Lower Arm 

2. Control Arm 

3. Stabilizer Link 

4. Brake Disc Front 

5. Wheel Bearing Front 

6. Anti Roll Bar 

7. Steering Rack repair 

8. Power steering fluid 

9. Wheel Alignment 

Anyone can advise on this? Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as weird as it may seems, sometime the sound could just be a hinge or mechanism that did not clip securely in place. I spent months rectifying mine until i gave up and lo and behold, i fetched someone at the rear and he told me the knock down seat was loose and a light knock on the knock down seat solved the dark mystery. i hope yours is not an expensive fix.

Level Z - My workshop took out my suspension and test, my mechanic said he is very sure the suspension is not the problem. I did some research and cars with suspension problem will have some squeaky sound when they drive over uneven area however my knocking or squeaky sound only appear after 5 - 10 minutes ( when car is warmed up ) , which i cannot explained too. 

Xaba - I will give Chip Soon Auto Pte Ltd a try, thanks for the recommendation 

Kitsch - I sure hope mine is not a expensive fixed. I have spent 3k plus already and yet this problem persist so it is really vexing when my workshop cannot even diagnosed the source of the problem. 

Anyway thanks for all the response and i really appreciate the feedback. Here's my latest update,  yesterday evening while i was driving back home i notice that the sound disappear, i mean really disappear, i even off my radio and throughout the 30min journey there isn't a slightest knocking or squeaky sound and yes, when i drive up the mscp and go over the ramps, no sound too. I was pretty optimistic and when i drove out this morning, no sound all the way to Bugis OG, which is 30min Journey for me however upon reaching the carpark, the knocking and squeaky sound is back. Even when i drove out of Bugis to Keppel there is still some sound throughout the journey. Anyway after my appointment at keppel i have to make my way to pick my Wife but on the way to Tiong Bahru, the sound is gone. Even after fetching my Wife and i drive all the way home there isn't any signs of sound, on the way back i even joked with my wife ( she is aware of the noise ) that i spent 5k on new imaginary Brembo Caliper and Brakes that's why there isn't any sound. 

Anyhow i am totally confused as of what is happening, i do suspect that it is the suspension however it doesn't seem to be the case. I guess i will just carry on to monitor this abnormality, hopefully the problem will eventually disappear.