• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hit and run

63AMG

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 63AMG said:

Hi guys, 

I am new to this forum, can you guys please enlighten me if it's considered hit and run if someone dented my bonnet while my car was parked but damage was small and most likely not by a vehicle? 

Thanks.

As long as there video footage to proof it a hit and run. You can claim from the other party once you received Traffic police letter it a long and tedious process but i have done it become and the claims is successful.

On 08/09/2018 at 8:35 PM, Ashtrax said:

As long as there video footage to proof it a hit and run. You can claim from the other party once you received Traffic police letter it a long and tedious process but i have done it become and the claims is successful.

Okay thanks but it appears that my dash cam didn't record it while it was parked. :(

10 hours ago, Ashtrax said:

How much do they charge you? Any idea upon shut down of engine car cam able to operate for how many hours?

Installation is w purchase of cam previously. Won’t recommend that car cam model. Think can last whole night if u drive long distance enough. 

Recommend to get battery pack else ur main battery lifespan will shorten. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/14/2018 at 10:22 PM, Ashtrax said:

How much do they charge you? Any idea upon shut down of engine car cam able to operate for how many hours?

I did my new camera and troubleshoot with the shop. Previously they connected it to the IU power supply and it only recorded for about 2 hours. They rewired it to fuse box after  and it could last till the next morning. Been trying for a few days only so far, have set the cut off at a particular voltage so should be safe. Am considering battery pack in worse case scenario to protect battery life. Or else I'll just stick to 2 yearly battery change which I prefer.