• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Staggered Rims for E200

Mustang

Hi all,

New to Merc and will be collecting my E200 this coming year end.

i preferred the E250 rims and understand that it is staggered. Any pros and cons having the staggered tyres ? 

C&C will not be able to change the tyres for me as they will only come in stock rims. I will have to change it outside if I wish to do so. May I know which local tyres shop sell the E250 rims ?

Hope to hear from the experts here !

Thanks !

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/3/2018 at 6:48 AM, Mustang said:

Hi all,

New to Merc and will be collecting my E200 this coming year end.

i preferred the E250 rims and understand that it is staggered. Any pros and cons having the staggered tyres ? 

C&C will not be able to change the tyres for me as they will only come in stock rims. I will have to change it outside if I wish to do so. May I know which local tyres shop sell the E250 rims ?

Hope to hear from the experts here !

Thanks !

pros : nicer

cons: more expensive/ that's why it is only available on the E250 Avantgarde and E200 Exclusive and not E200 Avantgarde. 

can i ask if the current batch of e200 comes with the new steering wheel?

23 hours ago, Mustang said:

Thanks for your feedback. Guess the rim costs more. 

I have yet to collect my ride and was told that it will come with new steering wheel. 

You are lucky to come with the new steering wheel. Does your new car comes with the wide screen as well?

1) Till now, I have not seen how the new steering wheel looks like. 

2) I wanted the analogue speedometer but they ran out of stock and only have the full digital screen which costs more. Not my ideal choice.

I have a E250 (collected in March 2018). The staggered tyres (245/45 front ans 275/45 rear) and 18 inch rim provides greater stability (supposedly). Personally, I find the 17 inch on E200 is a bit small for such a luxury and nice car.  So, my humble advice is to also upgrade to 18 inch rim if you intend to change to staggered tyres.   Also, I prefer the 5 twin spoke light alloy wheels (comes with E250) more than the E200 stock wheel....(can't remember what but I remember it looks kinda old and boring). 😁

• 3 weeks later...

The current E200 stock rims should be 18inch if I am not wrong.

I have to agree that the rims and the staggered tyres on the E250 look nicer and certainly provide greater stability. Any E200 owners changed their stock rims and tyres to that of E250 ?