GLC

Newbie questions on rims and grills

6 posts in this topic

 

Hey guys, I'm a newbie and have a few questions.

 

 

I own a GLC200. I don't like the stock rims. CnC told me to change to original MB rims otherwise the warranty will void. I went to Benzline and was quoted $7k. I think it is too expensive.

  1. Is it necessary to change to original rims? What will happen if I change to a bigger rim but not original MB ones? 
  2. I read from this forum that we can buy grills online and install it DIY. If I buy the grill is there anywhere I can go to have a professional to change it for me? In case I spoil something! 
  3. Is my GLC200 also known as X253? When I buy something online, I should pay attention to the model X253 so that I won't end up with something that won't fit right?
  4. Anywhere I can go to have the carbon fibre done? I don't like that wood look.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 2:47 AM, GLC said:

Hi there, welcome to owning a GLC.

Me too a new owner...here is my understanding on your questions raised.

Enjoy your ride....

 

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 2:47 AM, GLC said:

Hey guys, I'm a newbie and have a few questions.

I own a GLC200. I don't like the stock rims. CnC told me to change to original MB rims otherwise the warranty will void. I went to Benzline and was quoted $7k. I think it is too expensive.

  1. Is it necessary to change to original rims? What will happen if I change to a bigger rim but not original MB ones? Making sure the rims specs are right before you upsized. For warranty coverage, do ask them directly what if you replaced the original rims, likely ball joints, brakes and other geometry issue later on....they will claim is due to the rim upgrades. 
  2. I read from this forum that we can buy grills online and install it DIY. If I buy the grill is there anywhere I can go to have a professional to change it for me? In case I spoil something!  Looking around this forum, there are supporting workshops here that can help.
  3. Is my GLC200 also known as X253? When I buy something online, I should pay attention to the model X253 so that I won't end up with something that won't fit right?. Yup , X253 for GLC (Non Coup)
  4.  
  5. Anywhere I can go to have the carbon fibre done? I don't like that wood look., read on from this page, there is a someone here did the same you're looking for.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Denn! Just curious, will you be doing any? Yours is a coupe so the rim should be alright, grill is diamond, so really not much to change already! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GLC said:

Thanks Denn! Just curious, will you be doing any? Yours is a coupe so the rim should be alright, grill is diamond, so really not much to change already! haha

i did ordered earlier some stuff, AMG gas and brake pedals and the rear quad chrome covers. Didn't know my AMG package came with the chrome stub pedals.

Not sure you keen to take it over as well as the chrome exhaust quad covers...just asking..haha   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel it is quite ridiculous that changing to other rims (especially for same size and profile) will void the warranty especially when it won't even really affect the ride in any adverse way. To me it just sounds like an excuse just so that they can earn from selling their rims.

Anyway I just bought a GLC250 Coupe last week and now comes the excruciating 7 month wait :wacko:. Now browsing around the forums to see how I can get poisoned when my ride finally arrives :P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 2:40 PM, dimebag said:

I feel it is quite ridiculous that changing to other rims (especially for same size and profile) will void the warranty especially when it won't even really affect the ride in any adverse way. To me it just sounds like an excuse just so that they can earn from selling their rims.

Anyway I just bought a GLC250 Coupe last week and now comes the excruciating 7 month wait :wacko:. Now browsing around the forums to see how I can get poisoned when my ride finally arrives :P.

Your ride comes with AMG Line body kit?

How come need to wait 7 months? If its PI got alot of ready stocks, not too sure about C&C though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now