• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W213 steering wheel

iactac

Have a 4 month old W213.  About 2 months after I got the car, I felt a soft knocking sound whenever I turned the steering wheel.  It is more obvious when the brake is applied slightly before the turn.  I sent to C&C and they took the whole day, came back and told me it's normal.  Come on, how can you say it's normal when you have such a noise coming out from the steering wheel.  I wanted them to prove it to me!!! In the meantime, anyone has the same experience (or feel)?

May want to share which C&C workshop you sent it to. Heard that Pandan workshop is more professional. I don’t have such issue with existing E200 W211 which is almost 10 yrs old by next month. The new W213 will come by Oct earliest this year & will be totally dismayed if such unacceptable noise cropped up.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is about 15 months old and just discovered that there is noise when turning the steering wheel after traffic jam for about 20-30 minutes. Just send in yesterday for checking and collected 2 hours ago. Will be sending in to have the power steering system changed next month.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

looks more modern. when was this taken? 

It was taken a few days ago when I was at C&C. I also notice the E200 Avantgarde comes with flat wide screen speedometer and reverse camera that used to come with only E250 Avantgarde. Those who purchase E200 now are so much luckier!

22 hours ago, iactac said:

Yes.  The widescreen cockpit is nice (I can vouch to that) and needs to top up previously for E200.  So, if it comes with it now, why not.  

think the widescreen is a must have for the e class. the new steering wheel is nice to have only. 

Meanwhile, the FaceLift is currently in the work. Coming in 2020

209234807-w1200-h1600.jpg