• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Good Japanese Food..

Ok I know this is a little bit too "general"..

I like going to this place called Shin Kushiya @ Vivo City. Sashimi is pretty fresh. The charcoal grilled stuff is quite nice as well. They got foie gras, salmon belly, beef tenderloin etc. Prompt and courteous service and constant refilling of tea.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Supercharged_Rk

Here is a Japanese rest. at Ang Mo Kio Centre, sorry but i cannot remember the name. The rest. is beside the shop "cash convertor" if you can find "cash convertor" you can find the rest.

They offer very low price japanese food. Udon from S$2.90 + GST 7%, a good Japanese Curry Chicken bendo cost S$5.90+7% GST.

The food there is deeeeelicious, I would give a 3.8/5 for the price and quality.

Cheers! ;D

Guest redbell

Here is a Japanese rest. at Ang Mo Kio Centre, sorry but i cannot remember the name. The rest. is beside the shop "cash convertor" if you can find "cash convertor" you can find the rest.

They offer very low price japanese food. Udon from S$2.90 + GST 7%, a good Japanese Curry Chicken bendo cost S$5.90+7% GST.

The food there is deeeeelicious, I would give a 3.8/5 for the price and quality.

Cheers! ;D

RK, u talking abt sumo bento izit.... they hv 3 branches in sg. bedok, clementi and amk. back in those days they were at toa payoh. gone for so long, only recently then i found them again.

if u looking for authentic jap food, then this is not the 1. but for fun, this is fine.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a Jap restaurant at Oriental hotel.. it is on the garden floor.. very authentic.. go there on Sunday.. the brunch is only S$50 per pax.. a lot of Jap expat eat there on Sundays.. no regrets..

• 1 month later...
Guest angela

Aburiya!!! At Robertson Quay. It's a grille-your-own-beef concept over open "stoves" either set into your trestle table or on the table itself.

Pretty ex, but damn, it's the best beef I've tasted in a while! :D

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest angela

recently had ramen which is full of collagen at IP, it's about $12 a bowl, the soup base taste like jangara kyushu ramen in harajuku.

if money and time no object, go to tsukiji fish market, tokyo, the best sushi i've ever tasted :yumyum: :yumyum: or go to the one a sentosa can't remember the name, the owner is also the same as the outlet in meridien hotel. the 1st jap chef in S'pore. was featured in makanasutra.

tatsuya at park hotel, Ronnie is good at his stuff.

I have heard first hand of Chef Ronnie's legendary omakase and would really love to sit there and try it one sweet day.

I quite enjoy Ken's Noodle House along the Orchard Shopping Ctr side lane. His ramen, gyoza and tori kara-age is satisfying. I dislike hardboiled eggs but I have to admit the ones he puts in his ramen look tantalising. Soft on the inside with a bright orangy yolk and a nice soya hued skin.

Guest kopimonster

Ok I know this is a little bit too "general"..

I like going to this place called Shin Kushiya @ Vivo City. Sashimi is pretty fresh. The charcoal grilled stuff is quite nice as well. They got foie gras, salmon belly, beef tenderloin etc. Prompt and courteous service and constant refilling of tea.

i second that, nice sashimi and great charcoal grilled stuff :thumbsup:

another place that serves place that serves nice jap foods is kuriya dining @ greatworld, but havent been there for a couple of months liao, not sure if there are still as good.

one other place that serves decent jap foods at affordable prices is the one at mt faber safra (not sure of the name :P), the price looks pretty underrated tho.

since we talking abt vivo city, there's another jap resturant at the basement, B2 i think, forgotten the name tho, but there are many small stalls outside. anyway, their sashimi pricing are really out of this world and the taste is so-so nia, their $60/80 tuna belly turns out to be some expensive chewing gum, amazing aint it? i tot these stuff are supposed to melt in your mouth....anyway, the place's a bloody rip off...aint going back! sorry for the OT, tot i shld warn you all.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Good Japanese Food? Hmmm... i like the one at PanPacific. Estimate $100 bucks each the chef will make something for you.

Ikoi Japanese Restuarant @ Mirama Hotel.

$40++ per pax, order as much as you want from list

Booking in advance to get seats

this one used to be nice and fresh lei...

now so so only, prefer the restuarant @ Turf city (forgot the name) more fresh!

Guest gainax

Ikoi Japanese Restuarant @ Mirama Hotel.

$40++ per pax, order as much as you want from list

Booking in advance to get seats

this one used to be nice and fresh lei...

now so so only, prefer the restuarant @ Turf city (forgot the name) more fresh!

Really? Im quite a regular customer there, I normally hoot the sashimi only :)

Will check out Turf City....also,

West coast drive there got quite a few authentic japanese restuarant, hear that they are good but expensive.