Prestigious

How to start the car engine the correct way?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new to the forum. I saw an FB video that says that for cars with 'Keyless Start', one will have to press the Start-Stop button once (without depressing the brake pedal) to let the ECU do its checks before pressing the button again (now with the brake pedal depressed) to properly start the car. It is said that doing this will prolong the lifespan of the ECU.

I have been starting my car by pressing the Start-Stop button directly (with the brake pedal depressed). Have I been wrong all the while? For your opinion, please. Thank you.

It's correct that you've to step on the brake pedal to start your car with the Start/Stop Button

Nothing wrong la. Just start the car, the on-board computer will do the rest.

You think too much.

1 person likes this

On 13/06/2018 at 2:50 PM, kepiting1sg said:

It's correct that you've to step on the brake pedal to start your car with the Start/Stop Button

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is correct that you are to press on the brake to start the car. But someone said before you do so, you would have to press the Start/ Stop once without stepping on the brake. I don’t know how true this is. 

11 hours ago, daimlerfan said:

@Prestigious Care to share the link the FB video? 

Hi. I tried to find it but was unable to. By the way, it was about a Toyota Vellfire. 

10 hours ago, tanwill said:

Nothing wrong la. Just start the car, the on-board computer will do the rest.

You think too much.

I hope I did. I also thought doing the 2 presses was too troublesome and counter-intuitive. Thanks for the advice.