Gibbon

Noise coming from the rear seat area

8 posts in this topic

Hi bro n sis, 

Recently my rear seat area got some tick Tock sound when driving on uneven road.

sometime is quite loud and it don’t happen every time. Anyone face such issue...

Could it be the rear seats fold down lock is loose? Rem some GLC had this issue and resolved. 

my B class (w246) also have tick tick sound when drive over very rough roads. Recently become soft dull tock tock sound during low speed or turning. Did some experiments and found that these sounds are gone when the rear seats are folded down. 

1 person likes this

Ok thanks, will try to fold down e rear seat and see whether the sound still there 

I try to fold down e rear seat and still on and off got the Tock Tock sound. 

Try to spray silicon on e windows rubber also not work. Simply can’t figure out

where the sound come from. 

My wife B class also had the tock tock sound from the rear... also don't know where the sound come from...definitely not from the seats...

Got check under the rear boot got any loose item? Ha. 

I also think is not from the seat. I have try many method but still got the sound. Paste tape here n there. 

Just put some tape on the rear board area. Tmr will try n see how. Have booked wit C&C for check at month end. Read from some others forum mention is the seat hook. Not too sure. My car just 7 months old and already so noisy inside.