• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Map Pilot for W205

SQ88

On ‎24‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, EHHC said:

I'm using https://www.mbdecoder.com/ to check.

It says that, my car is equipped with:

270    Aerial For GPS

3U1    Head Unit ECE/ROW

506    Audio 20 GPS

859    20.3 Cm (8-Inch) TFT Display

So, can I assume that it supports Navigation?

W

From CnC or PI?

If CnC ask them where's your GPS Maps cos your car comes equip with Code 506 Audio 20 GPS and not just Audio 20.

When in Mar this year, I went to CnC for 2019 GPS Maps update.

They said I must pay and I told them my car comes with Code 502 - 3 years of map updates free of charge.

If I've to pay, I go and write to Daimler Benz.

CnC contacted me and I send my car in for the FOC S.E.A 2019 Ver. 7 - Maps Update.

Before the Maps Update, the SA say this Map Version after updates the HU in some cars got hung.

Told them if the HU get hang, they have to fix it :)

Came out boh tai chee!

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

On ‎13‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:59 PM, wheelslover said:

I don’t know about version, how to check? What picture you want to see? 

A picture of the screen with the navigation turn on.

You need to download the Mercedes-Benz Download Manager "SD Card Navigation" to check the version.

Hi ,

I have 2019 FL C180. When I press "NAVI" button, nothing happen to screen. If I select "Navigation" in trip consol, it just message "Please wait". I am wondering if I buy this card would it work on my car?

Here are VIN Details:

270 Aerial for GPS

506 Audio 20 Radio Navigation-Capable NTG5.5

Thanks in advance

On 22/07/2019 at 7:55 PM, ayubaba said:

Hi ,

I have 2019 FL C180. When I press "NAVI" button, nothing happen to screen. If I select "Navigation" in trip consol, it just message "Please wait". I am wondering if I buy this card would it work on my car?

Here are VIN Details:

270 Aerial for GPS

506 Audio 20 Radio Navigation-Capable NTG5.5

Thanks in advance

Hi, 

contributing my share as I have benefited from this discussion. It works for me, and I’m driving 2019 FL W205 too.

It is integrated to instrument cluster as well. :)

8CE31AD9-B2A3-4768-83CA-CC7BEC5265AE.jpeg

1 hour ago, GT49 said:

Hi, 

contributing my share as I have benefited from this discussion. It works for me, and I’m driving 2019 FL W205 too.

It is integrated to instrument cluster as well. :)

8CE31AD9-B2A3-4768-83CA-CC7BEC5265AE.jpeg

I just received my card and inserted into the SD card slot but nothing happened.  Can you explain the installation procedure?  Thanks.

Hi Gusheng,

. Here’s what I did with the card:-

1) inserted the card

2) power up the audio 20 system and was prompted to update software with Navi 2.2 for NTG5.5. Proceed with update and restarted audio 20

3) once audio 20 is restarted, I pressed on the Navi button on the console and recv the prompt that the card will be tied to the vehicle if I decide to proceed.

4) I proceeded and navigation works as expected.

46 minutes ago, gusheng said:

I just received my card and inserted into the SD card slot but nothing happened.  Can you explain the installation procedure?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, GT49 said:

Hi Gusheng,

. Here’s what I did with the card:-

1) inserted the card

2) power up the audio 20 system and was prompted to update software with Navi 2.2 for NTG5.5. Proceed with update and restarted audio 20

3) once audio 20 is restarted, I pressed on the Navi button on the console and recv the prompt that the card will be tied to the vehicle if I decide to proceed.

4) I proceeded and navigation works as expected.

Hi GT49,

Didn't work.  Did what you mentioned but stayed on the same screen "Please install compatible navigation software.....".  Looks like I need to check with satnavishop.co.uk.  Thanks.

Hi folks,

I tried updating my maps using the Download Manager SD Card Navigation software but am hitting an issue with "Update failed.Please try again.".

Also unable to restore as it will try again to download from the same source. looking at the software logs, it shows the following. Seem like the file is not found on the MB server. Anyone have come across this issue when updating their maps from 2018 to 2019?

019-07-29 14:11:11,821 ERROR c.b.d.w.d.DownloadFileTask [Thread-14] download file SDS\1365\NaviContextVersion.txt failed, status: 404, code: NOT_FOUND
2019-07-29 14:11:11,821 ERROR c.b.d.w.d.DownloadFileTask [Thread-14] java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://custn.azureedge.net/E579.0/A...extVersion.txt
2019-07-29 14:11:11,830 ERROR c.b.d.d.DeviceUpdater [JavaFX Application Thread] handle download fail, error state product.msg.update_error, worker state FAILED

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, HahnLiew said:

Hi folks,

I tried updating my maps using the Download Manager SD Card Navigation software but am hitting an issue with "Update failed.Please try again.".

Also unable to restore as it will try again to download from the same source. looking at the software logs, it shows the following. Seem like the file is not found on the MB server. Anyone have come across this issue when updating their maps from 2018 to 2019?

019-07-29 14:11:11,821 ERROR c.b.d.w.d.DownloadFileTask [Thread-14] download file SDS\1365\NaviContextVersion.txt failed, status: 404, code: NOT_FOUND
2019-07-29 14:11:11,821 ERROR c.b.d.w.d.DownloadFileTask [Thread-14] java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://custn.azureedge.net/E579.0/A...extVersion.txt
2019-07-29 14:11:11,830 ERROR c.b.d.d.DeviceUpdater [JavaFX Application Thread] handle download fail, error state product.msg.update_error, worker state FAILED

Capture.JPG

Hi HahnLiew,

Did you purchase the card from satnavishop.co.uk also?  Fyi, I have written 3 emails to them since Friday last week and still no reply.

6 minutes ago, gusheng said:

Hi HahnLiew,

Did you purchase the card from satnavishop.co.uk also?  Fyi, I have written 3 emails to them since Friday last week and still no reply.

Mine came with the 2018 Map from MB together with the car (non-Garmin but Navis Automotive), itchy fingers and used the MB SW to try updating to 2019 map. What is worse is that as part of the upgrade it will wipe the data on the card to make space so now i'm stuck without the 2018 map as well (did not perform a backup before hand).

I dropped satnavishop an email too but saw a bounce email from them. Don't think their email is working currently.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/07/2019 at 3:59 PM, gusheng said:

Hi GT49,

Didn't work.  Did what you mentioned but stayed on the same screen "Please install compatible navigation software.....".  Looks like I need to check with satnavishop.co.uk.  Thanks.

Hi bro...

Any updates for your case? Mine is similar to yours... insert SD Card and nothing happens.

Yours is from CnC? C180 or C200?

• 1 month later...
On ‎22‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, DefN said:

Hi bro...

Any updates for your case? Mine is similar to yours... insert SD Card and nothing happens.

My car is from CnC and it's the C180.  I have a feeling CnC blocked the option, so that you don't have a choice and have to purchase from them (S$3,100).

Anyway, I returned the card to Satnavishop and they gave a refund to me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/08/2019 at 3:21 PM, DefN said:

Hi bro...

I bought from the same source and had the same problems:
1.  The Navi button didn't work.
2.  The emails sent to SatNavi yields radio silence.
3.  Update hit the error.

To get the SD card to work, spent $50 at TMACS to enable the Navi Button.  At least I don't waste the UK50 spent on the SD Card.
Couldn't get the latest map as the update is not working, so just stay with the 2018 map lor.  sigh ... just trying to make the most out of the investment.