Wong71

Vibration C180 9G

11 posts in this topic

Anyone having this issue during cold starts the car vibrates? Getting this even after cold starts after driving sometime (when I'm stopped at the traffic lights).

Authorised after sales says to me it is the characteristic of the car ūüė≥

What about the rpm at idling? Inconsistent?

If so, check your battery n spark plugs. If neither, check for any air leakage such as hose, clamps.

RPM idling is at 600 (and it is a trembling sensation) and not the engine knocking.

The idling is not inconsistent ... as it is always at 600. 

On 3/5/2018 at 9:43 AM, Wong71 said:

RPM idling is at 600 (and it is a trembling sensation) and not the engine knocking.

The idling is not inconsistent ... as it is always at 600. 

My car started vibrating during idle when the Sales was going through the features with me during collection. I highlighted the issue and he told me he don't feel anything. RPM stable at 600 rpm also, vibration comes on and off for me. Have an appointment with C&C in 2 weeks to check it out. Is your car still under warranty?

I had this issue with C180 W204 when I fill up with RON 95 Problem gone if fill up with RON98

My W205 7G also have the issue during cold start,don't have this issue on my W204 

On 4/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, knighthunter said:

I had this issue with C180 W204 when I fill up with RON 95 Problem gone if fill up with RON98

I'm on Shell 98 since day 1. Still encountering the issue. 

The only second time I encounter vibration is when the engine mounting and gearbox mounting need to replaced. But this is constant vibration especially for W204 can be felt at the shifter. 

I checked with my SA and he did a test drive of the car. His diagnosis is the vibration comes from the air con compressor kicking in as the vibration goes away with the air con off. 

On 06/04/2018 at 5:01 PM, purple_cat said:

My W205 7G also have the issue during cold start,don't have this issue on my W204 

Mine also the same. Hear it during cold start but got after driving about 5 mins.

Have you guys solved your problem of vibration? Is your car due for servicing of the transmission? Just change your transmission oil and transmission filter, plus changed the engine mounting and the gearbox mounting, total 3 and your issue will be resolved. My car has the same problem for the past 6 months, and during that time, I changed nearly everything from spark plugs, throttle oil, fuel injection service and more but issue just couldn't be resolved. Fuel consumption increased by between 20-30% during this period. In the end, this last move resolved the problem. Monitoring the FC now. Hopefully, it will come back down by the same margin.

1 person likes this