• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Workshop to Recommend for Turbo Issue

clariwee

Anyone can recommend a reliable and reasonably priced workshop that can diagnose and repair turbo issue?

Sent my car to C&C last week for recall campaign. Was told that the diagnostics flagged out an issue with the Turbo. Still can drive but was recommended to make a separate appointment to repair it.

Last evening I felt a sudden lost of power and the car behaved like a NA car i.e. no turbo kicked in when down shift, just rev up and acceleration was slow. After I stopped at the traffic junction, the turbo came back again when moving off. Anyone encountered similar problem before?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2018 at 5:27 PM, darksaint said:

i experience before for previous CLA ride.
turbo need to be changed at cnc to fix and it was under warranty that time.

Going to have it check over the weekend. Hopefully not so serious in my case. *Fingers crossed*

• 6 months later...
On 23/02/2018 at 7:21 AM, clariwee said:

Going to have it check over the weekend. Hopefully not so serious in my case. *Fingers crossed*

Hi Bro, I experienced the same on my W176 pre-FL this morning. No turbo spool despite I use manual and drag to 5K RPM, it juz felt like a NA car and slow climb.

Mind to share how was your experience and rectification?

7 hours ago, (A)MG said:

Hi Bro, I experienced the same on my W176 pre-FL this morning. No turbo spool despite I use manual and drag to 5K RPM, it juz felt like a NA car and slow climb.

Mind to share how was your experience and rectification?

Exact same symptoms. Went to Chip Soon to have it checked. The turbo actuator was leaking so got it changed and the problem was resolved. Fyi, before I went to CS, I went to 2 other workshops and both recommended to change the whole turbo. Went to CS for 3rd opinion and they saved me a fortune. 

On 12/09/2018 at 7:19 PM, clariwee said:

Exact same symptoms. Went to Chip Soon to have it checked. The turbo actuator was leaking so got it changed and the problem was resolved. Fyi, before I went to CS, I went to 2 other workshops and both recommended to change the whole turbo. Went to CS for 3rd opinion and they saved me a fortune. 

Tks for the info Bro, currently the loss of power from the turbo only happens after driving for 30 mins or so. Will be checking on the turbo actuator as prior to this there was oil leak from the turbo and my WS changed the seal thinking that was the issue. 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:53 AM, (A)MG said:

Tks for the info Bro, currently the loss of power from the turbo only happens after driving for 30 mins or so. Will be checking on the turbo actuator as prior to this there was oil leak from the turbo and my WS changed the seal thinking that was the issue. 

Mine started as an intermittent issue before becoming more regular. No fixed scenario when it will happen. Can be just cruising happily and suddenly lost power.