• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine noise from outside the GLC

Tbln

Finally picked up the car (GLC250) over a month ago and the one of the things that has bothered me is the sound of the car.

For a petrol engine, it sounds too much like a Diesel engine to me. 

No problems within the well insulated cabin  Just from outside the car  

Was told that this is normal for a Mercedes. Has anyone experienced the same thing? 

Thanks!

On 1/9/2018 at 3:45 PM, Tbln said:

Finally picked up the car (GLC250) over a month ago and the one of the things that has bothered me is the sound of the car.

For a petrol engine, it sounds too much like a Diesel engine to me. 

No problems within the well insulated cabin  Just from outside the car  

Was told that this is normal for a Mercedes. Has anyone experienced the same thing? 

Thanks!

Haha, same here too. My kids even asked if I collected the wrong car. Audibly louder than my previous ride. But everything else says its a petrol car, so I lived with it.

4 hours ago, JohnnyKOK said:

My wife thou I bought a diesel GLC Coupe, but C&C only bring in petrol model 

3 hours ago, tanwill said:

Haha...... its normal...... direct injection is like that one.

Seems like it really is this way the engine sounds.  Guess I have put this down as another learning experience :).

• 5 weeks later...

I bought and instaled ttis, but dunno if it' hhlp, 【奔驰新E/C200L级仪表台隔音胶条GLC/GLA挡风玻璃缝降噪密封条改装】http://www.dwntme.com/h.WtwLJML 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥ai1y0ndnWQJ¥后打开👉手淘👈

• 4 years later...

when i first get this stupid GLC250D in 2018 , after driving for awhile , then did i reaslized the LOUD engines noise...And i checked with the inhouse technician and was told that it was normal. But to me, it was really uncomfortable and in fact, embarrassing too for having such a noisy car.

Then, last week, i just sent to a workshop whom i had found from website , for engine & gear mountings due to wear n tear.

Upon collection and starting off the engine, i was totally amazed by the near silence engine sound level. No noise at all and even the when the auto cut off , it was near silence. So smooth and really had a true feeling on driving a luxurious car. That was my very first time experiencing a very good car with very very low noise. It was amazing..

but after a few days , the noise level is back ..sad.

But, now i dun believe it is normal for such noise.. I think it can be repaired...i am going back to the same workshop tomorrow ( 6.7.22 ) for their advice and see if anything can be done...

will continue ..