• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C Class W205 Apple Car Play Retrofit

Hi guys, 

anyone with good information to share how all our C class users can cheaply benefit from the installations?

Elebest recently did it and the video is online, but he quote me $2000, for an add on. I'm kind of taken aback. Or maybe he has to change the whole Audio 20 set meant for an A class to a C class. 

Some info I scoured online and found;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-GENUINE-MERCEDES-BENZ-SMARTPHONE-INTEGRATION-PACKAGE-B-CLASS-CLA-C117-/272403481489

In the end, can't convince myself to pay $2k for an upgrade like that, can't pass the value stance.

To those who deal with Elebest, he's a pretty stuck up guy, for guys with a budget, but he's nice with fat wallets, its business I guess, but makes me think, maybe I should just set up a business to create more value for MB owners in SG.

They mark up things like 1000%

car-play.pdf

• Like 1

New GLA suppose to come with Android Auto as standard but apparently that's not the case. Air play also hit and miss. Mitsubishi advertised their new SUV comes with Air play I dun think it will be a hit and miss. Merc no command also very common. Every option also must use 3rd party service. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 9:11 AM, cavansite said:

typically MB USA confirmed that they are releasing Apple Car Play for Audio 20 set for C class. Typically its just a few cables.

Appreciate people with more information to step forward to share and benefit the rest of the C class users.  

s-l1600.jpg

By now, has MB released a kit for Apple AirPlay on W205?  
Alternatively, are there different versions in OEM?  Where to see and compare some specs?

• 1 year later...

I have a local workshop that quoted me $400 to install/activate Apple CarPlay on W205.  I don't know if I am allowed to list the workshop name here but you can PM me.

I did not spend my money on that yet because I went for a 360 deg camera setup first.

33 minutes ago, MapleLeaf said:

I have a local workshop that quoted me $400 to install/activate Apple CarPlay on W205.  I don't know if I am allowed to list the workshop name here but you can PM me.

I did not spend my money on that yet because I went for a 360 deg camera setup first.

For pre 2018 w205? Ok to post here so long not affiliated. 

23 minutes ago, darksaint said:

For pre 2018 w205? Ok to post here so long not affiliated. 

Mine is 2018 W205 (just before current version).

This workshop quoted me $400 to install/activate Apple carplay in my C180 W205.  I did not proceed with this yet cost I spend my budget on some additional exterior camera installation (camera below both side mirrors and front camera).

Soundwerkz Autosound

176 Sin Ming Drive

Sin Ming Autocare #04-11 (S)575721

www.sound-werkz.com

90022555 (Kelvin)

2 minutes ago, MapleLeaf said:

Mine is 2018 W205 (just before current version).

This workshop quoted me $400 to install/activate Apple carplay in my C180 W205.  I did not proceed with this yet cost I spend my budget on some additional exterior camera installation (camera below both side mirrors and front camera).

Soundwerkz Autosound

176 Sin Ming Drive

Sin Ming Autocare #04-11 (S)575721

www.sound-werkz.com

90022555 (Kelvin)

if ur is post 2018 should be able to activate via obd2 option. U may check with Elebest or infinity werkz 

1 minute ago, darksaint said:

if ur is post 2018 should be able to activate via obd2 option. U may check with Elebest or infinity werkz 

Good to know.  2018 W205 is even GPS Map-ready.  I bought an original Garmin Map SD Card for $400 and it works (from SoundWerkz).  CC quoted me $2500.

13 hours ago, MapleLeaf said:

So $400 is only to install? Do you need to BYO harness and kit?

(anyway, thanks for your message)

55 minutes ago, Babolat said:

So $400 is only to install? Do you need to BYO harness and kit?

(anyway, thanks for your message)

IMHO

If your USB ports with 1 that is similar to USB Port 2 (sign of phone & tablet) - Your car is installed with Carplay/Android Auto and possibly not activated.

If not, then you might have to retrofit Carplay

port.png

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

16 minutes ago, kepiting1sg said:

IMHO

If your USB ports with 1 that is similar to USB Port 2 (sign of phone & tablet) - Your car is installed with Carplay/Android Auto and possibly not activated.

If not, then you might have to retrofit Carplay

port.png

Mine has only 1 USB port.....it's a 2016 model. -_-

5 minutes ago, Babolat said:

Mine has only 1 USB port.....it's a 2016 model. -_-

Have a good read - discussion on apple car play thread starts in 2016 to 2018.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/617487-retrofit-carplay-w205.html

IMHO

3 choices

a. After market multimedia box - mirroring + apple TV

b. Change OEM COMAND HU with Apple Carplay - need coding for vehicle to accept new HU

c. After Market Android HU

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

21 minutes ago, kepiting1sg said:

Have a good read - discussion on apple car play thread starts in 2016 to 2018.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/617487-retrofit-carplay-w205.html

IMHO

3 choices

a. After market multimedia box - mirroring + apple TV

b. Change OEM COMAND HU with Apple Carplay - need coding for vehicle to accept new HU

c. After Market Android HU

d. Hang an ipad like what someone did in mbworld.org 

e. Pay premium to Dr Max

• Like 1