• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 E200 Squeaking rear suspension

Revzport

Hi peeps. 6 months into my ownership of the E200, and the rear suspension has developed a squeak which can be heard from the cabin and out of the car. 

A few observations:

1) Squeak comes only after the rear passenger seats were sat on. It goes away after a few days without passengers at the back. 

2) Can be heard while driving or pushing on the rear while stationery. 

3) Did a bounce test, seems fine. Although my wife and I felt the rear was a little stiff at times. Though that can be subjective.

I brought the car to a few workshops and have conflicting outcomes. One said it was shock absorbers (running on bilstein), and the other said it was bushings.

I uploaded a video, hopefully it can viewed.  Hoping to get alternative opinions before I commit on the repairs.

Thanks!

02DD9906-8DD7-4FF1-8B70-FFC76D98D819.mp4

On 12/11/2017 at 4:46 PM, tanwill said:

No lah bro.

Just happened to had the same issue previously. So share share.

The car is due for service this weekend, and i thought of getting the workshop to check it out at the same time. Strange enough, after days of commute without passengers in the rear, the squeaking stopped.. 

Servicing complete, got the boss to check the ball joints but he said everything was fine. All he did next was tighten the suspension components and applied lubricant (I know this is not the proper fix). The sound was gone for a short while, but due to the heavy downpour on the very same day, the squeaks could still be heard at some point, though less obvious.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/14/2018 at 5:05 PM, iMac said:

I changed mine to SACHS..purchased all 4 pieces at local stocklist at $360. Labour $200 included alignment after changing.

hi Im looking to change into coilovers too and looking for recommendations. How is the SACHS? handling ? may I ask where you bought and installed? PM me also can if too sensitive to reveal here. tks!

BTW, mine is 2006 W211 E200