• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC 3D Rotary Tweeters for non-Burmester

VRAtenza

Just DIY installed my own set of 3D Rotary Tweeters for the GLCs with non-Burmester (ie. Audio 20) setup. Everyone knows by now the Audio 20 do not come with tweeters and the wing mirror area grilles are empty. Stock sound is passable for my non audiophile ears, but it could be better. I don't feel like spending 3-5k on aftermarket Burmester. 

The effect is amazing.... Especially if you have installed tha matching matt silver speaker grille covers for your mid speakers in the doors. The led lights will match the 3 colours of your original ambience light automatically. The center round piece will light up and rotate out on start up. Will retrack back when power down. 

There is an immediate improvement in the sound quality with better clarity and staging. It does so by hijacking rhe original signal to the mid range speakers and split the higher frequencies to the tweeters and sending the rest of the lower frequencies back to the mid range door speakers. 

Unboxing:

20171125_065923-picsay.thumb.jpg.982c440be9e9e84b6912ab45bb422a35.jpg

Before:

20171125_094417-picsay.thumb.jpg.84805fd74e526d04f6918a8739db111d.jpg

After:

20171126_183702-picsay.thumb.jpg.64aa066e280087eeb848f8229e42b1b9.jpg

Startup sequence video:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Michaeltoh said:

U The DIY zhng king... !! Can share more details like where u bought it... how u DIY...  can this be fixed on those with burmester ?😀😀😀

Got it from Taobao. 

http://【奔驰新E级S级C级GLC C200L E300L柏林之声3D旋转高音头喇叭改装】http://v.cvz5.com/h.x7sJCY 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥nACQ0i2vqSK¥后打开👉手淘👈

This is the seller. 

Don't pay the listed price for GLC. I managed to haggle the price down to about ¥2800 shipped to my parcel forwarder in GuangZhou. After that is just another $10-$12 of shipping to Singapore. Just tell the seller you do not need the installation service to kick start your bargaining. 

Not sure if it can be fixed on Burmester but I don't think I will meddle with Burmester tuned setup if I have.

Have to remove the door panel to install the tweeters. Not difficult. If anyone keen to do this I can create a step by step DIY guide on door panel removal and how to connect the wires. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Got it from Taobao. 

http://【奔驰新E级S级C级GLC C200L E300L柏林之声3D旋转高音头喇叭改装】http://v.cvz5.com/h.x7sJCY 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥nACQ0i2vqSK¥后打开👉手淘👈

This is the seller. 

Don't pay the listed price for GLC. I managed to haggle the price down to about ¥2800 shipped to my parcel forwarder in GuangZhou. After that is just another $10-$12 of shipping to Singapore. Just tell the seller you do not need the installation service to kick start your bargaining. 

Not sure if it can be fixed on Burmester but I don't think I will meddle with Burmester tuned setup if I have.

Have to remove the door panel to install the tweeters. Not difficult. If anyone keen to do this I can create a step by step DIY guide on door panel removal and how to connect the wires. 

a step by step guide will be appreciated bro. thanks for the great intro. 
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=557509498727

Hi Everyone,

You can buy directly from this website, gzcarphone.com, I bought it for 300USD, but you need to pay for courier charge.

The sales guy is call Melo Zhang. They do have others things for our car such as Air balance and air ioniser, however, you need someone who have the Mercedes coding system to activate it and do the installation for you.

Vincent

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, darksaint said:

3D tweeters or original tweeters? Price?

Added the original tweeters @ $430

Noticed the immediate improvement better sound stage and more detail in the separation of mid range and tweeter

3B4EC279-9398-4448-BE94-AB41EBD96D9A.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2018 at 0:24 AM, archtomato said:

Yes i did.

On 28/11/2017 at 0:43 AM, VRAtenza said:

Got it from Taobao. 

This is the seller. 

How's the quality of the product? Can share with me the step by step DIY guide? I'm interested to do it myself.  Thanks. 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, DL268 said:

How's the quality of the product? Can share with me the step by step DIY guide? I'm interested to do it myself.  Thanks. 

I just order from this site gzcarphone.com at USD360.00 include shipping as well.

have you order yet, if so....maybe we can meetup and DIY it together.

got the shipment this morning and already installed up.

I get someone to install for me as I got trouble to even take out the complete door panel.....there is this one last clip on the top panel....damn hard,lol.

anyway for those who ask whether can this 3D tweeter installed on the burmester sound system, the answer is yes, as mine is burmester sound system too.

so now I got the spare burmester tweeter since I installed this 3D tweeter....if anyone keen....I can let go at $300.00 include installation.

13 hours ago, Red Devil said:

mind sharing the damage for installing these rotating tweeters? TIA.

you can order from this link as they posted above.

http://www.gzcarphone.com/mercedes-benz-speaker-3d-rotary-tweeter-for-c-glc-s-e-class_p47.html

I also order mine from there too, they accept paypal payment and took less than a week to arrive here, I paid USD360.00 including shipping to here and $200.00 for installation as mine already installed the burmester tweeters, hence need do some wiring job and install these rotating tweeters.

don't bother to check outside...as the cheapest I ask around was $1500.00 just for this tweeters and most of them also getting from the same source...you can just buy yourself online and I will intro you the shop to install.

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 9:18 PM, LaKopi said:

you can order from this link as they posted above.

http://www.gzcarphone.com/mercedes-benz-speaker-3d-rotary-tweeter-for-c-glc-s-e-class_p47.html

I also order mine from there too, they accept paypal payment and took less than a week to arrive here, I paid USD360.00 including shipping to here and $200.00 for installation as mine already installed the burmester tweeters, hence need do some wiring job and install these rotating tweeters.

don't bother to check outside...as the cheapest I ask around was $1500.00 just for this tweeters and most of them also getting from the same source...you can just buy yourself online and I will intro you the shop to install.

Bro, yours already have burmester and you installed these rotating tweeters right? Any idea if the wiring job is difficult?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, BAT said:

Bro, yours already have burmester and you installed these rotating tweeters right? Any idea if the wiring job is difficult?

yes mine already have the burmester.

you mean the wiring job to install this 3D rotary tweeter?

your system got any tweeter now?

4 hours ago, LaKopi said:

yes mine already have the burmester.

you mean the wiring job to install this 3D rotary tweeter?

your system got any tweeter now?

Mine already has the original burmester tweeters. I am trying to find a solution for just the 3D rotary tweeter cover instead of replacing the whole thing

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, BAT said:

Mine already has the original burmester tweeters. I am trying to find a solution for just the 3D rotary tweeter cover instead of replacing the whole thing

then why not replace the whole 3D rotary speaker instead, they are using original tweeter speakers as well.

you can order from the link above. your burmester is factory fitted or install with elebest?